Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Love the idea Allan, well captured too.i like it in black n white and I really like the grainy look of it too. Nice work

Thanks

Bit of a comment catch up here.

Forked- love the colours. Great use of blue and yellow and fantastic detail.

Refuse - really like this. Feels like a powerful image. B+W was a great choice. Good dof. Like it’s been said, feels like some avoiding the press or something. My personal preference is for straight edges around the picture but I’m not hating the blurred edges.

Thank you , frames are always a bit controversial on here I understand your concerns:)

As has been said refuse is a strong image and conveys the story well.

Allan

Great Image, nothing to dislike, different take to what I have seen for the theme so far.

Pete

Refuse

I like it, I'd thought about doing something similar, but wasn't sure how to (if that makes sense), it was going to involve someone refusing payment.
A good black and white and perspective.

Refuse

I like it, I'd thought about doing something similar, but wasn't sure how to (if that makes sense), it was going to involve someone refusing payment.
A good black and white and perspective.

When the theme was announced because of the double meaning of the word I didn't want to go with the bin idea, not that theres anything wrong with that it was my fallback if this didn't work.
I wasn't sure how to present the idea either but the most common thing you see when people don't want their picture taken is the hand towards the lens.

Oh aye - Refuse works very well :)

Great minds Allan, though I prefer the background in your's to mine.
Only real comment is that your choice of frame works well on the black background in Flickr, but on the default white of TP, it gives it a line down the RHS which looks slightly odd.
As others have said, it's a good strong image, emphasising the refusal to have a photo taken.

Great minds Allan, though I prefer the background in your's to mine.
Only real comment is that your choice of frame works well on the black background in Flickr, but on the default white of TP, it gives it a line down the RHS which looks slightly odd.
As others have said, it's a good strong image, emphasising the refusal to have a photo taken.
Thanks, sorry about the frame

Great example of a low key shot, bang on theme, great subject, I like it alot.

Thanks, sorry about the frame
It was only the tiniest of things really, I do like frames generally, and as said, on a black background it doesn't notice at all.

Onto Dark.
I can see you've done all the things right that I did wrong.
You've taken a dark subject I guess) and added light.
It works well in two ways, 1. the photography and 2. the macabre.
(y)

It was only the tiniest of things really, I do like frames generally, and as said, on a black background it doesn't notice at all.

Onto Dark.
I can see you've done all the things right that I did wrong.
You've taken a dark subject I guess) and added light.
It works well in two ways, 1. the photography and 2. the macabre.
(y)

I was only joking about the frame

As for “Dark” it was taken in the kitchen with the lights off and lit with a tea light

Being nit-picky it is perhaps suffering a bit from the difficulty I had, i.e. geting the right balance of light on the un-lit side but as has been said, it is a good low key shot with an interesting double meaning for the theme.

Being nit-picky it is perhaps suffering a bit from the difficulty I had, i.e. geting the right balance of light on the un-lit side but as has been said, it is a good low key shot with an interesting double meaning for the theme.
It is indeed I did try adding light to the other side but it was to much, trying to get the right balance is hard,obviously harder for yours as you were both photographer and subject, I don’t have any defence really

Allan

Excellant Creepy Shot with the double darkness. Lighting on the righthand side, did you think about reflecting a bit with some tin foil.

Love the detail on the left hand side.

Pete

Allan

Excellant Creepy Shot with the double darkness. Lighting on the righthand side, did you think about reflecting a bit with some tin foil.

Love the detail on the left hand side.

Pete
I did take a few with different light maybe I will go back and take an other look

Great shot for the theme Allan I love it. I like how the right of the skull is in shadow

Some of your shots are simply awe inspiring Allan. Love this, no idea how you did it.

Some of your shots are simply awe inspiring Allan. Love this, no idea how you did it.
Thank you Roger to be honest it’s not the best example of a water splash and it’s not that hard to achieve either as long as you have a camera and a flashgun, other equipment a roasting tray and a rubber glove both full of water.
Hang rubber glove above roasting tray and make small hole in the finger of glove till it drips once every couple of seconds, for the BG anything colourful I used a couple of the dogs bandanas :wideyed: they are not in the picture only there to bounce the flash off and then it’s all about pressing the shutter at the right time, that’s the tedious bit it takes a few attempts.
Oh and I added some milk to the water to make it opaque

Last edited:
Thank you Roger to be honest it’s not the best example of a water splash and it’s not that hard to achieve either as long as you have a camera and a flashgun, other equipment a roasting tray and a rubber glove both full of water.
Hang rubber glove above roasting tray and make small hole in the finger of glove till it drips once every couple of seconds, for the BG anything colourful I used a couple of the dogs bandanas :wideyed: they are not in the picture only there to bounce the flash off and then it’s all about pressing the shutter at the right time, that’s the tedious bit it takes a few attempts.
Oh and I added some milk to the water to make it opaque
Thanks for the info Allan, do you need off camera flash? Still think its a great shot.

Yes off camera would be needed
Thanks Allan, that is next on my list of photographic wish list, as yet I have not got to grips with what to buy or how to use it.:)

Back