Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

... and they're vicious devils I know. Yes ..nice low POV ... B&W yet standing out from the not-too-oof BG.

Heavy sky. :clap:

I'm determined to do one of these portrait orientations someday soon.

... and they're vicious devils I know. Yes ..nice low POV ... B&W yet standing out from the not-too-oof BG.

Heavy sky. :clap:

I'm determined to do one of these portrait orientations someday soon.
Thanks

Sky looks a bit blown but it adds to the drama, good idea for the theme

Sky looks a bit blown but it adds to the drama, good idea for the theme
Yes sky is a bit blown but it’s a compromise between a silhouette of the dog or the dog with some detail

Really like that Allan great POV and the mon conversion really adds some drama to the image.

Very well done - got some teeth showing there to make him look fearsome, but I bet he's just a big softy really

Hi Allan,

Sharp - The colours are a bit too similar for me. I would have preferred some stronger dark colours in there. (The hearts are a nod to think perhaps?).
Guard - Brilliant perspective. That shot cannot have been easy to get, dogs don't do stage directions particularly well (albeit they are better than cats). Cool moody image (y)

Hi Allan,

Sharp - The colours are a bit too similar for me. I would have preferred some stronger dark colours in there. (The hearts are a nod to think perhaps?).
Guard - Brilliant perspective. That shot cannot have been easy to get, dogs don't do stage directions particularly well (albeit they are better than cats). Cool moody image (y)
Took a few shots of the dog I explained to him what was needed but he didn’t seem to understand, he’s an idiot :facepalm:

Guard
I like the pov and the B/W conversion, not to sure about the highlights in the sky.

Great shot for Guard, love the POV

Thicket doesn't do much for me, there's no focal point in the image.

Really good idea for the theme, strangely I'd like to like the first, don't know why but I think the second is the better photograph

At first I liked the second shot the best but then I got to looking again at number 1 again and found when I blew it up there is actually quite a lot to look at. For example, what is the blue/grey rod-like thing about 2/5 in from the left? I imagined a beast in there staring out, camouflaged, waiting to pounce.

At first I liked the second shot the best but then I got to looking again at number 1 again and found when I blew it up there is actually quite a lot to look at. For example, what is the blue/grey rod-like thing about 2/5 in from the left? I imagined a beast in there staring out, camouflaged, waiting to pounce.

No idea what it is didn't notice it when taking the photo

Much prefer the b+w one Allan, works a treat.

Thank you

Great photo of a small guard dog, great PoV and B&W conversion works very well!

For thick(et) I prefer #1 with the letterbox crop!

Great photo of a small guard dog, great PoV and B&W conversion works very well!

For thick(et) I prefer #1 with the letterbox crop!
You seem to be the only one who likes the first one and I thank you for that

Back