weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

Hi Allan

Yayyyyyyy , you've made it & with a fab image to finish of with .....detail in the sky , detail in the wood & a very unusual sculpture to boot.....well done you :clap::clap:

Thanks Lynne

Well done Allan, super one to finish on, pulled a lot of detail and interest from the sky and the wood.. But not at the expense of quality. Well processed. :)

Been a pleasure going through this with you again, you've made it look easy at times, even though I know it hasn't always been so.

Best of luck with 2015, :)

Thanks Graham, have decided not to take part in 2015 (the challenge not the general year)

Hi Allan
Nonsense - spot on for the theme. Well lit and like b/g and shadows. Excellent work with the text in terms of colour, squiggliness, choice and blurriness - realy good job that. Like the way that the words just gather to fill that small brain with nonsense. Unfortunately another example of your weird way with toys :LOL:

Extravagant - men up north know how to treat their women eh? Not a bunch but just one. Not sure of the comp and that rather dark petal to the left which draws the attention but otherwise good lighting and b/g and some excellent detail. Nice shot.(y)

Support - i might have tried a little more contrast but it is one of those shots that I would not be sure of until I had twiddled a few sliders. Good comp and and an excellent subject for the theme. Support in the hand, support in the way that the child is falling away or perhaps even that the child is pulling the parent to look at something else. Very touching and heart warming(y)

Happy New Year

Thanks for looking in, weird way with toys, I don't know what you mean :wideyed: :ROFLMAO:, the rose shot is not something I would have used normally there is so much about it that annoys me :arghh:

did a lot of twiddling with sliders, so much so that I hope no one asks what, there is a lot of cloning out of bushes too.

And a Happy new year to your good self (y)

Hi Allan ...I'm seem to be racing here there and everywhere around the site at the min to keep up with the threads.

A really super shot to finish off the year I love the composition

... and your not in next year :( I shall miss seeing you there, it will seem so strange without all the usual faces.

Last edited:
Hi Allan ...I'm seem to be racing here there and everywhere around the site at the min to keep up with the threads.

A really super shot to finish off the year I love the composition

... and your not in next year :( I shall miss seeing you there, it will seem so strange without all the usual faces.

I know what you mean so many threads its difficult to find your own

Have a good new year Susie (y)

Oooo Allan, what a cracking image to finish your 52 with, love the sky and how the statues stand out against it, super detail too :clap:

All the best for 2015, I'll see you around the forum or catch your stuff on flickr (y)

Sorry DK was going to get in touch with you about dropping out, will call in to see how everyones getting on

Have a great new year and try and cut down on the work a little :)

Hi Allan, well done, another one of us to the end :clap:

Great image, looks quite an unusual statue, super detail in the wood and moody sky (y)

Its been a very enjoyable '52, I'll certainly miss the banter :D, Happy New Year mate, atb best for 2015 :)

Great shot to finish the year with Allan. Beautiful sculptures set off by a magnificent sky :clap:

Congratulations on reaching 52 Allan ... with a great take on the theme with the perfect POV. :clap:

Allan - what a cracking image to end on. Of all the support images I've seen so far (I'm only about half way through I think), I have to say yours jumps out as the image to grab me.

The composition and positioning of the subjects is perfect and couldn't be more on theme. I love the lighting (all natural I think?) and also the fab shadow which is thrown from the two figures. Your processing of the subjects and the grass is spot on: great boosts to contrast etc. which really make it jump out and suit the conversion. I must confess I do find the sky a bit pixellated / colour casty which may be my monitor, but I've found the same when I've overprocess clarity/contrast on sky before (not saying you have, just that I've achieved the same effect by that!)

No matter, it's a magic image and I think a very fitting finish to a very well done 52 for you - congrats! :banana::clap:

Allan, :clap: finished for now :)

It really was a superb final theme and you've really done it justice. The perspective works really well and the processing (is it duo tone?, never really had the confidence to use it), I like how the dark top and dark bottom frame the figures.

It's been a pleasure looking at your TP52 2014 submissions :clap:

Cheers.

Extravagant - The rose has some lovely rich colours which help to give it that extravagant feel to it. It's well lit and nicely pushed over to the right third.

Support - What a great find for the theme. I quite like the tone on this one and the detail in the wood has been captured nicely.

Well done for finishing the year Allan :clap:

Back