weekly alsjazzera TP52 2014 WEEK 52 SUPPORT added

Wooohooo...nice to see you again Allan......:wave:

Great start as well .......bar being set high again , like the frames & color range....was just about to mention the last D being odd compared to the other letters in relation to the bg's ( not sure If you get my meaning).....then realised the theme is ODD :LOL:...2 for the price of one, in fact 3...when you take in to account the text font....cracking start matey :clap:

Interesting take on the theme odd I like it.

Thanks for looking
Wooohooo...nice to see you again Allan......:wave:

Great start as well .......bar being set high again , like the frames & color range....was just about to mention the last D being odd compared to the other letters in relation to the bg's ( not sure If you get my meaning).....then realised the theme is ODD :LOL:...2 for the price of one, in fact 3...when you take in to account the text font....cracking start matey :clap:

Thanks Lynne couldn't resist joining in again

Good start, ^^wot she says ;)

Ta

Hi, bud, good start. I do like the frame.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy though I can take no credit for the frame was on a magazine disc

I found it rather odd... lol excellent

Thanks

Hey Allan - Great to see you doing another year :)

What an great start, lovely crisp white background, love the letter thingies you have used :clap:

Thanks DK the letter thingies?

Can't improve that one Allan, very nicely done!

Thank Michael

May be an obvious take but effective as hell! Really like the shiny white border lines around the edge of the letter pieces

Thanks

Good idea, well executed and impactful.

Thank you

Good take Allan (y) ..........I had something similar in mind :bat:great minds n'all that :D

Last edited:
Quality LINEAR/LINE pic Allan :)

where's that taken?

Hi, Allan, nice literal take and the B&W works well. Slight CCW rotation, noticeable on the lowest sleeper. Also, unless it's my eyes the RH track seems to bow slightly.

Put your feet up now :)

Cheers.

Good take Allan (y) ..........I had something similar in mind :bat:great minds n'all that :D

There is nothing to say you can't do your version
Quality LINEAR/LINE pic Allan :)

where's that taken?

Thanks taken in Chester

Very good take on the theme I like it.

Thanks

Hi, Allan, nice literal take and the B&W works well. Slight CCW rotation, noticeable on the lowest sleeper. Also, unless it's my eyes the RH track seems to bow slightly.

Put your feet up now :)

Cheers.

To be honest Andy I have tried all kinds to get it straight, the tracks at the bottom and the bridge in the distance are straight as I see it,
but the track does seem to bow, I blame Network rail or whoever it is that looks after the tracks.

Hi Allen, im a bit late to the party but I like your first odd shot, a different take on the theme. I see you like radiohead, or at least have their album, and a good album it is too.

Your linear shot is brilliant. Great PP and the thin crop really adds to it.

Great work, I look forward to seeing the rest.

This is brilliant. I love the detail, what aperture did you use? This image has a great feel, I love the editing and framing. I want to find something to critique but I can't, this is the sort of image I'd get get printed onto a canvas and put up at home if I was the guy behind the camera.

Another one quick off the mark :)

Smashing image....I really like the long distant aspect along the track.

Thanks

Ha, that was mine!! :D Was going to go out in the morning for mine when there's no one around... You snooze you lose i guess. :LOL:

Stunning image mate, very well composed and processed.

There is nothing to say you can't give us your interpretation of the theme

Hi Allen, im a bit late to the party but I like your first odd shot, a different take on the theme. I see you like radiohead, or at least have their album, and a good album it is too.

Your linear shot is brilliant. Great PP and the thin crop really adds to it.

Great work, I look forward to seeing the rest.

you are the first person to notice the Radiohead lettering they are all off cds well spotted

This is brilliant. I love the detail, what aperture did you use? This image has a great feel, I love the editing and framing. I want to find something to critique but I can't, this is the sort of image I'd get get printed onto a canvas and put up at home if I was the guy behind the camera.

Thanks you are too kind f16 the exif data is available on flickr

Love the detail in this pic good shot

Thanks

Thanks you are too kind f16 the exif data is available on flickr

I don't think its too kind, I always look and try and find something to improve, this time I couldn't. I did look for exif data when on flickr but your permissions are set so that I can't view it. I was asking because the DOF is great,I might have to try something like this myself sometime.

I don't think its too kind, I always look and try and find something to improve, this time I couldn't. I did look for exif data when on flickr but your permissions are set so that I can't view it. I was asking because the DOF is great,I might have to try something like this myself sometime.

Sorry didn't realise the exif wasn't showing have changed that now

Really nice, and agree that it works well in B&W, I'm not over keen on the back of the sign on the right hand sign though, and think I'd have cloned it out - I'm a big fan of imperfect symetry :D

This is a popular one with many commenting on the processing. Do I detect a touch of Artist Effects > Ink Sketch, Allan?

Nice pic Allan, b+w conversiom really works well.

Thanks

The processing works really well.

Well composed and excellent depth of field.

:clap:
Thank you
Really nice, and agree that it works well in B&W, I'm not over keen on the back of the sign on the right hand sign though, and think I'd have cloned it out - I'm a big fan of imperfect symetry :D

I did think about cloning it out but my cloning skills leave a lot to be desired

This is a popular one with many commenting on the processing. Do I detect a touch of Artist Effects > Ink Sketch, Allan?

its converted to infared in elements if thats any help

Like the colours and lighting in your 'odd' picture. I also like your very literal interpretation of the linear theme in week 1.

Thanks

Oh yes, those strong lines work very well in b/w. Well spotted and shot that man!

Thank you

A good example of linear perspective and a great location. Like the fact that there is no Overhead Line Equipment to clutter the picture. Processing is packed full of high contrast impact which suits. Good Work(y)

This really appeals to me, no real crit I like it all

Back