Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Great idea for something not obvious. I like the composition against the white background, and of course the subtlety of the reflections in the wood.

Nice result ... when I first saw the image I thought small figurines against white paper BG maybe. Now I've googled kaws I see they are big. So nice pov, good detail and I like that neutral BG.

Hi Allan ....that looks another fabulous sculpture, it would be good to see one of the whole thing. At first I thought B&W :( I know there's an argument for it but it just not my own perception of colour. Anyway I zoomed in as I usually do, and it actually has a lovely iridescent sheen to it that is really quite lovely, very nice indeed.

Thanks Susie

Not an obvious shot for colourful, and all the better for it. :)

Thank you

Ahhhh a 'Not' colourful entry, like how you have done the composition, and how you have got the bright background, nice shine to the statues too... Like it :)

Thanks

Hi Allan great image for colourful some nice details

Thanks

Great idea for something not obvious. I like the composition against the white background, and of course the subtlety of the reflections in the wood.

Thank you

Nice result ... when I first saw the image I thought small figurines against white paper BG maybe. Now I've googled kaws I see they are big. So nice pov, good detail and I like that neutral BG.

They are indeed big, thanks for looking in

Simple and effective Allan. Like the lighting shades especially as it picks out the edges of the hatch door.

Really like that Allan, the lighting is well done. A cutout in black card?

Simple but effective, Allan. I like it a lot. Very thought provoking as to what it's an entrance to!

As others have said, Allan, simple but effective, well thought out !

Nice minimal and sinister feel to this one, Allan.

Cheers.

thanks, sinister was what i was after

I like that a lot, Allan. Great lighting and carefully controlled spill. Nice work and great composition. :clap:

thanks

Ooh - very nice! I love the minimalist feel and the almost starburst effect coming from the corner. Great job :clap:

thank you

Now that's is a super shot Allan :)

thank you

I agree...a super idea Allan, very original and it does work really well ...quite spooky.

thanks Susie

Simple but effective, Allan. I like it a lot. Very thought provoking as to what it's an entrance to!

thanks, not an entrance to anything pleasant

Like that Allan, gave me a few thoughts for a little project with doors and coloured lights !

would like to see them if you get it up and running

As others have said, Allan, simple but effective, well thought out !

Ta very much

WEEK 21 SIZE

Cow by Allan Howe, on Flickr

The first thing that popped into my head this week was

On the other hand it's conclusive proof that a cow is nowhere near the size of a telegraph pole, for anyone who was in doubt :cow:

Last edited:
I thought it a slightly strange shot for the theme but when there's music linking size with cow, who could possibly argue otherwise ha ha. Spot on Allan.

Haha...that was exactly my first thought on hearing the theme. So many sheep and horses around here and no bloomin' cows! I might still go out and find one today in homage to the wonderful Wonder Stuff :) Your take on it certainly works - that cow suddenly looks so tiny against the pole and sky - nice one! (y)

Haha...that was exactly my first thought on hearing the theme. So many sheep and horses around here and no bloomin' cows! I might still go out and find one today in homage to the wonderful Wonder Stuff :) Your take on it certainly works - that cow suddenly looks so tiny against the pole and sky - nice one! (y)

Did a six mile walk yesterday to find these, lots of sheep and horses here too was beginning to think they were all in hiding

Hi Allan!
Entrance - like it, works really well and certainly fits with the look you were after. Nice little details on the edge of the card work too!
Size - Spot on! Only crit from me is perhaps the crop is ever so slightly tight at the top. Good job with a couple of strong B&W shots! (y)

Size, that's so weird. Looks like it's about to pee :) Nice detail in the clouds and I do like that you have left the top of the line in.

Cheers.

Hi Allan

Size works really well. I'm struggling a bit this week but you've captured the essence of the theme perfectly (y) (and a great song to boot!)

Thank you Paul

Hi Allan!
Entrance - like it, works really well and certainly fits with the look you were after. Nice little details on the edge of the card work too!
Size - Spot on! Only crit from me is perhaps the crop is ever so slightly tight at the top. Good job with a couple of strong B&W shots! (y)

Good point about the top but that's all I had it is cropped on the right side as another cow was trying to get in on the scene

Size, that's so weird. Looks like it's about to pee :) Nice detail in the clouds and I do like that you have left the top of the line in.

Cheers.

Never thought of that it does indeed look like its going to pee

Back