Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Hi Allan never head of the song :coat: but I really like the image the Cow looks really small next to the pole I like the B&W conversion

Size, that's so weird. Looks like it's about to pee
Exactly what I was about to say :D

Its certainly gives the impression of size Allan :)

I woke up this morning with the "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" song in my head, though I've got this weeks theme sorted but then wisely abandoned the idea.

I like cow and pole image with its portrait orientation and your POV. However it looks like it's been over-sharpened or something. o_O

Hi Allan never head of the song :coat: but I really like the image the Cow looks really small next to the pole I like the B&W conversion

Thanks

Exactly what I was about to say :D

Its certainly gives the impression of size Allan :)

Thank you

I woke up this morning with the "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" song in my head, though I've got this weeks theme sorted but then wisely abandoned the idea.

I like cow and pole image with its portrait orientation and your POV. However it looks like it's been over-sharpened or something. o_O

Probably wise to abandon that idea,

not sure on the over sharpening I don't tend to do much in the way of sharpening will dig the original out and investigate

Great sense of scale in your Size pic Allan although not a clue about the song. The cow looks like it's having a scratch against the pole.

Forgotten :agree: with Andy. Great detail and beautiful light.

I really like the differing textures and grittiness of the b&w; that little flower looks overwhelmed and certainly Forgotten. (y)

Very subtle colour popping works well, its only a tiny flower but it makes a bold statement.
Nice one Al (y)

As above really. When viewed on my phone I didn't get it, but viewed larger it makes much more sense and is well converted with a lovely bit of colour in the flower. Good job :)

entrance - good effect very sinister
size - an unusual shot I like that it has a musical link

Hi Allan,
You're going to have to explain 'forgotten' to me as I'm evidently being a bit dim.
Is it somewhere where there is an abandoned / forgotten piece of architecture hidden behind the grill.

A well composed and rather somber image gives me the impression there is definitely something forgotten down there!!

Last edited:
I like that, Allan. Has quite a sad feel to it. But a sense of power.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy

Great sense of scale in your Size pic Allan although not a clue about the song. The cow looks like it's having a scratch against the pole.

Forgotten :agree: with Andy. Great detail and beautiful light.

Thank you

I really like the differing textures and grittiness of the b&w; that little flower looks overwhelmed and certainly Forgotten. (y)

Thanks Carl

I really like the post processing, love the textures and details

Thanks

Hi Alan, like the processing on this. I could see this on a wall framed, nice

wouldn't go that far but thanks for the nice words

Very subtle colour popping works well, its only a tiny flower but it makes a bold statement.
Nice one Al (y)

Thanks

I love the textures and shapes in this. That tiny flower packs a lot of punch!

Thank you

As above really. When viewed on my phone I didn't get it, but viewed larger it makes much more sense and is well converted with a lovely bit of colour in the flower. Good job :)

thank you

Yes very subtle colour popping and nice light.

Thanks d00d

entrance - good effect very sinister
size - an unusual shot I like that it has a musical link

Thank you

Vignette and SC works well Allan for Forgotten. Not often I say both of those things but it's a well put together image... good job!

I have to say i do hate myself for both of those things, I still can't believe i did it :puke:

Hi Allan,
You're going to have to explain 'forgotten' to me as I'm evidently being a bit dim.
Is it somewhere where there is an abandoned / forgotten piece of architecture hidden behind the grill.

My work explores the relationship between emerging sexualities and recycling culture.
With influences as diverse as Kafka and Joni Mitchell, new tensions are crafted from both opaque and transparent meanings.
Ever since I was a teenager I have been fascinated by the unrelenting divergence of the zeitgeist. What starts out as yearning soon becomes debased into a dialectic of distress, leaving only a sense of nihilism and the chance of a new beginning.
As temporal forms become distorted through diligent and diverse practice, the viewer is left with a clue to the edges of our future.

I hope that clears it up for you (y)

A well composed and rather somber image gives me the impression there is definitely something forgotten down there!!

I suppose you could see it that way, I like it Thanks

Heart of Stone eh! Simple and effective. Entirely suited to the grittiness that b&w gives it. How did that sharp curved shadow line come about though?

Heart of Stone eh! Simple and effective. Entirely suited to the grittiness that b&w gives it. How did that sharp curved shadow line come about though?

Its pretty much straight out of cam, tidied some of the marks off the white card thats all, it was taken outside using the sun as the light source

I love the simplicity of that lovely shaped stone great find and the plain white background really makes it stand out.

Yes lots of negative space ... interesting stone that, with big shadow.

As Carl said - simple and effective - nice choice of white for the bg.
Good choice of subject, well executed and resplendent in it's simplicity. But that's what we've come to expect from you Allan :)
Simple and effective Allan ...excellent choice in the b&w.
As above, simple effective and nicely done.
Nice find, well shot, it's all been said above.
Allan, simple but truly effective

Simple and effective it is then

Nice find, Allan. Great use of a hard shadow to lift the image and add a second point of interest, plus obviously the negative space... nicely done (y)

Thanks

I love the simplicity of that lovely shaped stone great find and the plain white background really makes it stand out.

thank you

Yes lots of negative space ... interesting stone that, with big shadow.

interesting indeed, been many interesting stones this week, as you well know

Love both stone and simple submissions, Allan. They're both so simple, considered and we'll exposed. I'm really impressed with some of the submissions this week and yours is up there imo.

Love both stone and simple submissions, Allan. They're both so simple, considered and we'll exposed. I'm really impressed with some of the submissions this week and yours is up there imo.

Thank you

Simple is very well done indeed, simple, elegant composition, very good lighting, great photo!

Back