weekly Andy's 52 week challenge UPDATEDweek 12-13 added

Hi Andy

thats a lovely looking pooch & a beautifully sharp shot with great DOF (y) I also like that she's looking away for some reason , you've left plenty of room to the left & it makes me waana see what she's so interested in :)

crit #1...I'm sure it's the angle you've shot at but I really want to straighten it...but that may make the dog look like he's leaning :eek: #2.....crop a little from the rh side & lose the blown sky & I'd love it ;)

Bonus points are always welcome aren't they ? ;)
As above, that sure is a weird mash of colours.
I'd also go with #1 and the tighter crop suggestion too (y)

I like to be different [emoji4], costs abit more than normal but is memorable I think! Will try a tighter crop later and post up

Wow that's a rose and a half! Love it [emoji16]
Lovely vibrant colours on the second one although prefer the composition of the first. Good job overall, and brownie points as well .... Bonus![emoji23]

Different :clap:

I like #2 but without the jam jar.

Forgive me, is the colour altered PP?
It looks great either way :)

Forgive me, is the colour altered PP?
It looks great either way :)

Nope nothing altered colour wise, a few left being sold at local florist! [emoji3]
just noticed my pot- not see through enough [emoji20] haha

now that's a very different rose. I prefer #2, and I agree with David and crop the jar out of the bottom of the shot

Two interesting images Andy.
The first one for me, I like the way the whole stump leads you off into the distance, and then you see the rest of the image off to the right (y)

Very good Andy. You should definitely take these again in the summer when there's leave on the trees. As they are they work too. It gives me the feel of walking along a river on a crisp winters day. I'm torn between the two images but I think the colours are stunning. Gooood stuff!!

[emoji16] cheers for the comments, sitting on here hours on end reading up on people's techniques and reading criticism on others might be paying off! Thinking and setting up before rushing in might finally be programmed into the brain haha [emoji106]

Thinking and setting up before rushing in might finally be programmed into the brain haha [emoji106]
Steady on ol' chap!
Lets not start getting silly about all this photography lark :D

I like the first one too (although I do like the water texture in #2).
Because of the placement of the stump, I slowly noticed all the other stumps too.
I wonder why they've felled so many trees?

Actually, the more I'm looking, the more I'm liking #1 too :LOL: :)

Hi Andy

Companions: I'd tweak the horizon a touch and wait for some eye contact but otherwise a good shot. Nice framing in particular. Second shot is suffering from blown sky, mind.

Elegant - interesting and first one for me. WB feels wrong, but realise you may have done it for artistic reasons!

Watery - nice shots. Good use of exposure timing, foreground interest etc. I think it could be strengthened with kinder lighting (golden hours) but compositionally a good job.

I think I'd prefer the second one if it weren't for the twigs in the centre of the frame. So for tidiness and OCD satisfaction I choose #1.

Nice and sharp through the frame and no sign of any colour imbalance due to your light stopper. A good week!

Relax, why do cats always dive in a washing basket?
Is there some feline rule that says they must drop hairs over fresh washing?

Bold, , Although I do feel its a bit of a shoe horn ;) there is nice detail in the feather (y)

Hi Andy

Elegant....that's a lovely Rose, very unusual but beautiful . Think I prefer the 2nd shot as well but agree re losing the jar & not cropping the bit of greenery at the top (y)

Watery...2nd for me as I love that you can see the movement in the water & you have really good detail in the stump (y) I might have tried to clone ( or if possible to reach them lose them) the twigs sticking up at the far side of the stump

well week 9 vertical has beaten me- lost enthusiasm with the camera at the moment :( will keep thinking of something to fill in for vertical

week 10 mouth- took this on a wonder the other day

Family pet by Andy-Snook, on Flickr

That is one mischievous looking pooch (y) fab shot.
And don't worry about missing a week something will come to mind for that week soon.

Last edited:
A very nice detailed shot Andy, I hope you "find" your Vertical shot somewhere also :)

Watery: I like them both but I think the scene works better in No1 IMHO.
Relax: Ours do the same as soon as you turn your back :rolleyes: Nice sharp shot and perfect fit to the theme.
Bold: I understand the story behind the photo but it doesn't quite make it for me - sorry.
Mouth: Really nice photo. Loads of detail and spot on focus on the eye (y)

I look forward to seeing your vertical image :)

Fine mouth shot.

Personally I think it's better to miss a week and catch up when you can than to be permanently behind.

Mouth....can't go wrong with a pooch! :)
Something odd going on in the top of the tree line though....

I think the third VERTICAL works best.
The dust spots in SCENIC 2 distract but otherwise superb shot for the theme.

Cheers

Back