weekly Bernd's 52 of 2016 - week 52: Celebrate added and done

I think that is spot on, nice rich tones, very well lit, sharp in the right places.

Hi Bernd,
Liquid - Excellent interpretation. Well executed too, looks spot on to me colour and lighting wise.
Cracked - Another well executed image with just the right amount of OoF to concentrate the eye.

Hmmm ... not sure the nutcracker adds, nor the basket. But great nut colours.

Nice little Shop ( of horrors) front Bernd.
It fits nicely

A pleasing enough image but I can't decide whether it is an ironic take on spooky or not?

Great bit of street photography and certainly fits the theme with the Spooky..ness provided by the shop display. I particularly like the contrast between the sitter outdoors and the little sign advertising extra seating upstairs.

Some oddities there, including its slight wonkiness (y) ... always like a bit of street.

Thank you for your comments!

There isn't really much that spooks me, and I'm not really a Halloween man, so I've taken an afternoon shot and let others do the fancy dress and partying later on :whistle:

Hi Bernd,
I can see why you've done the shot, and technically it's well executed, but to me it doesn't sell spooky.
My original thought was "interesting old shop, well turned pout, but why?" Then I noticed the webs. I'm not sure how you would make it more the focus though. Another angle and much closer cropped? Dunno...

I not happy with this photo because I'm terrible with photoshop (and not good at yoga either). My mat looks like a flying carpet hovering over the ground and the background could be better too. But at least it is kind of on theme. I might give it a complete work-over when/if I have more time...

45 Pose: Yoga
by Bernd, on Flickr

Isee what yu mean about the flying carpet and the back ground, but thats only minor issues, bang on theme Bernd :)

"honor thy mistake as a hidden intention" - Yoga on a flying carpet, that's a neat trick ;)

It's a good learning process and TBH it's a better job than I could do with either PS or yoga

The 3 poses work well together, its the PP that lets it down. It may have worked better as a more simple tryptych ?

Lol, I see what you mean about the floaty mat, though I didn't notice it until I read your comment.
However, fair play going to the effort of capturing those poses, I still marvel at how well these type of images generally come out. Not something I would consider doing.

Better than I am at yoga - my version of tree can only be thought representative if in a raging storm. Good concept.

Better than I am at yoga brnd ... (y)

I can barely see the joins, therefore good submission.

Thank you for all your comments. It's been a steep learning curve with Photoshop for me. I would like to redo the whole shot (leaving a bit more room on the right hand side), maybe when I've got a bit more time over Christmas.

Bright and colourful Bernd. Lots of detail too ... not quite enough to see what's on the top shelf though ... not that I've tried of course :naughty:

"A cheeky little wine" would you say Bernd? Never tried a Scrubby Rise personally. Could do with lightening up the glass though.

Lots going on in the Newsagents, well spotted and taken Bernd.
I'm with Carl on the wine though, its just a little too low key, for me.
I'd prefer the shadows lifting a tad.

Like the newsagent, illuminated inside like that, good detail.

Young wine ... good idea for the theme. I'm not sure about the lighting, I know what your aiming for but ..... o_O

Back