weekly Bernd's 52 of 2016 - week 52: Celebrate added and done

Black and white - Love the london shard shot, especially like the calm water and the bridge giving a good lead in to the buildings.

Ancient - good find for the theme, doesn't look like somewhere you would just stumble across on a wander in London. Like the perspective the alley gives to the shot.

Both good for the theme but I really like the way the city comes to life at night, emphasised by the side-by-side photos in the second.

Very well done Bernd. Yes, I too like the day/night city shots ... particularly the latter with all those lights and colours. Brilliant.

First one excellent love all those billboards and the general busyness of it all

Very nice Bernd, I like them all, they all have a story to tell :)

Both good for the theme but I really like the way the city comes to life at night, emphasised by the side-by-side photos in the second.
Thank you Chris!

Very well done Bernd. Yes, I too like the day/night city shots ... particularly the latter with all those lights and colours. Brilliant.
Thanks Carl!

First one excellent love all those billboards and the general busyness of it all
Thank you Allan!

Only some minor crit, to crop out the railings encroaching in pic top RH and left RH :)
Thank you Dean. That's cleaned up now... I didn't want to cut too much of the taxi and I certainly didn't want to cut off the legs of the bloke on the right :D

Very nice Bernd, I like them all, they all have a story to tell :)
Thanks Chris!

Very apt for the theme. That must be one of the few quiet corner in Japan in #1
Thank you Stan! It was early afternoon, the Japanese are no slackers, everybody was still at work :)

Couldn't be more perfect for urban - I love the colours, hustle and bustle of the first and the starbursts and light trails of the night shot
Thank you Emma!

Nice bit of lighting Bernd - like the contoured highlights accentuating the shape in both.

Hard to choose a favourite for urban Bernd, but I think the busy city scene has the edge, there's so much going on there, and loads of lovely colour too.The crop off the bottom does bring it all a bit closer.

Nice simple idea for pair, it works so well, interesting subdued lighting and background too, it definitely works.

Pair - A nice simple image and all the better for resisting shallow DoF. Natural light source?
Thanks Tim. Two flash setup, one through an umbrella as fill light, the other though a barn door to create the rim lights.

Nice bit of lighting Bernd - like the contoured highlights accentuating the shape in both.
Thank you Carl.

Nice simple idea for pair, it works so well, interesting subdued lighting and background too, it definitely works.
Thank you Susie.

Nice composition, being VERY fussy I'd love the pepper pot twisted slightly so it is square on like the salt pot, really like the lighting, and the background is done very nicely too, nice one :)
Thanks Dean. I see what you mean, the top of the pepper pot caught a bit of the rim light. Next time I will pay more attention to detail.

Pair, nice and simple, uncluttered and well composed. Looks a little under exposed.
Thank you Andy. The slight under exposure was deliberate :D

Took me a moment to get it but very good for the theme, nicely captured.

Yes, very nice Berd - like all the reflections and the movement blur. Well composed and thought through.

I like that Bernd I like the crop and angle of the spoon.

It also reminds me I haven't had anything for breakfast yet!

Something disgustingly healthy for breakfast Bernd? After breakfast comes the washing up - not my favourite task. Good concept and composition.

Hi Bernd,
Big - Clever idea, and a bit of street too boot.
I like the use of the reflection, I'm not so sure about the blurred chap on the RHS, he rather draws the eye away from the focal point.
After - Agree with the other comments, the crop works well and perfectly on theme.

Thank you for all your comments!

Not native to the UK the introduction of the Eastern Grey Squirrel has largely displaced the native Red Squirrel because the of their superior fitness. They also can climb down trees head first because of their flexible feet.

41 Alien: Grey Squirrel
by Bernd, on Flickr

Back