Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

I wonder how many people have all 3? NF/Prime/Disney and watch as little as I do?
We have Sky, Netflix, Prime, NowTV and Disney+. Other than Sky, we share the rest. Most of what I watch on Sky is available on the others or online anyway so we probably bin that. The streaming channels are usually watched on a weekend when I binge watch something.

We have Sky, Netflix, Prime, NowTV and Disney+. Other than Sky, we share the rest. Most of what I watch on Sky is available on the others or online anyway so we probably bin that. The streaming channels are usually watched on a weekend when I binge watch something.

I'm going to keep an eye on my Sky viewing over the next month, see how much the kids or I actually make use of it and if I could just source the same programs elsewhere. We had NF so that 4 of us could use it at one time on different devices but got rid because that never seemed to occur - now whenever I go to watch something I'm told 2 others are using it :banghead:

Prime was an iffy one for me on the PC, even though we have a prime UK acc, it kept asking me to pay to view movies that should have been free on it. Turns out the Window app for Prime works perfectly without any such issue

We have sky, but we've cut back on that, and I've binned BT Sport (Arsenal were playing terribly anyway :ROFLMAO: ). I have a Prime account, my son has NF and we share.

My wife enjoys a good detective type drama, and we loved Bosch and The Fall (Gillian Anderson still makes me go weak at the knees....). We actually enjoyed Virgin River, mainly as we loved the scenery. We have loads of stuff recorded to watch too...

Also, we have no terrestrial TV antenna, so everything we watch is via our Sky box or over the Internet.

My missus loves her detective dramas too, it'd be easier to list ones she has yet to see if any, same with hospital dramas and murder docu series .... I should probably be worried :runaway:

Last edited:
Bohemian Rhapsody , Wow what a film , Powerfull and at times moving

Started watching Flashforward on Star (Disney+). I think it is from 2009, fairly sure I started watching it when it was originally broadcast on whatever channel, but never got to finish it. something to continue watching over the weekend.
Finished watching Flashforward season 1 yesterday, really enjoyed it, a teaser at the end setting up for season 2 only to find they didn't make one. :(

The Map of Tiny Perfect Things is worth a watch

Film rather than a tv show but Sleepers is now on Netflix, one of the best films I have ever seen.

There's a pirates series on Netflix just now which I found surprisingly interesting. Finished it and now started the Japanese Age of Samurai one which is also good.

I binge watched Sky's "Intergalatic" over the weekend, not in the same league as some of the Netflix/Prime sci fi stuff.

I binge watched Sky's "Intergalatic" over the weekend, not in the same league as some of the Netflix/Prime sci fi stuff.

I've watched the first 3, not sure if I'll bother with the rest.

Watching Leonardo on Prime at the moment, starring Aidan Turner (the Poldark fella) in the lead role of Leonardo DaVinci. It’s very good, way better than the overcooked DaVinci’s Demons.

I’m onto series 2 of Rebellion on Netflix, about the Easter uprising and subsequent events in Ireland, very interesting and gripping.

The Hot Zone on Disney Star is very good.
Also enjoying Mindhunter and Secret City on Netflix

Last edited:
I've watched the first 3, not sure if I'll bother with the rest.
I watched it all. Not brilliant.

Just started Shadow & Bone on Netflix, two episodes in and it's promising, if a little twee.

netflix.jpg

Wow that’s old! Quality series though, I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, watched the 1st episode when it came out but didn't continue. Forgot all about it until I was browsing IMDB and came across it via Line of Duty.

Now about to watch S4E10!

We recently watch the first episode of a medial drama called "New Amsterdam" on Amazon.

I found it derivative and formulaic and probably wont watch another.

We're stuck for a drama we like at the mo but I'm looking forward to watching the second series of The Mandalorian when I get around to it, also Better Call Saul.

Film wise we enjoyed and were a bit baffled by Tenet, a time bending drama. We also liked "the secrets we keep." This movie contains scenes of sexual violence which are an integral part of the story but which could have been done better, as in described rather than shown in flashback. Other than that, I do wonder why we have to have a sex scene in every movie... It just makes me yawn and reach for the remote and is imo just lazy.

Discovered that all of Angel is now on Disney. It was the Buffy spin off that I didn't really watch at the time. Good humoured vampire tales.

Britbox has the first 2 series of Bergerac.

There's also This Is Us which is on Prime. On series 5 now. That's set in Plague times of last year.

We recently watch the first episode of a medial drama called "New Amsterdam" on Amazon.

I found it derivative and formulaic and probably wont watch another.

I didn't even bother with it, medical dramas have been done to death, especially in the US.

I didn't even bother with it, medical dramas have been done to death, especially in the US.
I tend to agree, although I did watch "The good Doctor" with Freddie Highmore,
as Shaun Murphy, an autistic surgical resident.
A little different from the norm.

We liked ER for a time so we gave it a go.

Never really got into that. The only US medical show I really enjoyed was Scrubs. Interestingly, even though it was a comedy, a number of doctors have said it was more realistic that any 'serious' medical dramas,

Watched the 1st season but got a little bored with it tbh.

It did go off the rails a couple of times, but by an large, I enjoyed it

A friend's Dad was a high functioning autistic surgeon and highly respected in his field. The perfectionism his autism demanded was a big help to him.

Started watching The Flight Attendant, some funny moments and some quite grim ones too.

Never really got into that. The only US medical show I really enjoyed was Scrubs. Interestingly, even though it was a comedy, a number of doctors have said it was more realistic that any 'serious' medical dramas,

I remembered a medical one we watched and liked, The Nick.

We've really got into Call My Agent. On season 3 now :)
Thanks to you I’m watching this too now, looks very interesting!

My boss used to be a prison guard from the 1970s to the 1990s and always swears that Porridge is actually fairly accurate of his experiences :LOL:

I've been watching "Master of None" on Netflix, it wasn't what i was expecting but its better for it!

We started "The Crossing" last night.

Maybe I'm just tired of the plots and castings these days but I just hated to see main characters and telegraphed plots. Are these dramas and the castings just paint by numbers? And then there was the treatment of the survivors, just left to wander about and make camp fires on the beach? Surely they'd be ambulanced or otherwise bussed off to some location sooner for assessment?

I just found the whole thing tiresome, by the numbers, predictable, unbelievable... and a whole load of other negatives.

I can see it descending very quickly so may not bother with episode 2.

Wow that’s old! Quality series though, I really enjoyed it.

Finished it the other day. Really enjoyed it.

Thought the ending was a bit tame though. Also, from what I could wrk out, the guy at the end seemed too old to be Tommy Darmody.

Just finished the first series of Fargo and loved it. Didn't seem to have an obvious storyline until near the end but I enjoyed every minute.

Also watched Time with Sean Bean and Steven Graham this week. Hard to watch in some places but brilliant. Definitely makes me not want to go to prison!

Just finished the first series of Fargo and loved it. Didn't seem to have an obvious storyline until near the end but I enjoyed every minute.

Also watched Time with Sean Bean and Steven Graham this week. Hard to watch in some places but brilliant. Definitely makes me not want to go to prison!

Watching part 3 tonight, 1st 2 have been very good

Back