weekly Blondie606's 52 2013 Wk 52 Water-The End :-(

Lovely shot!

The light, tones and detail on the boat are really nice, and it stands out well against the almost monochrome background. There's a real bleak, forlorn feel to it, that I like a lot. I don't mind the big ol' rock at all, the way it's framed by the twisted metal adds to the scene IMO.

Like it. The FG interest is super and the framing works well. I actually like the metal pole thingy. Some nice detail in there and it really fits the theme. Is it Whitby? And from your landscape course.

Tad on the, as you say, squiff and the grad filter holds the sky back. I might have been tempted to do a longer exposure to the sky.

Also works well n B&w.

Put your feet up now :)

Cheers.

I really like this :clap:
agree about the "dark sticky up bit" and yeah probably looks like horizon is not 100% level. But I really like the contrast, colours and lighting. I assume there is some mild HDR going on? I am really going to have to get to grips with that technique at some point

Hi Lynne
Thats a fantastic image :clap: horizon slightly off but ever so slightly
really cant fault it otherwise great exposure, composition and perfect subject matter
what more can I say

Just to echo what Allan said Lynne, it's a great scene captured well.
No shoehorn required here.

It really shows the effort and thought you've put into this Lynne from the composition and that has been rewarded.
I like the moody colour tones here, it works well in colour, but I can see andy's point about theB&W working equally as well.

Good work Missus ;)

yep - another (y) for left - great sky, details in the wreck and foreground rocks, compositionally no problems here.... well processed too. (Wouldn;t change a thing.. ;))

Hi Lynne

Catch up time -
Live - mushroom shot#1 is perfect I think. Good comp, details, b/g , textures and colours. Crystal clear , it has everything.
#2 is good too and my first thought was of an explosion of lava from a mountainside ( the mushrooms) and a flow beneath ( the laves) - see you do do arty farty.;)

reflection - #1 you have captured a really good shot for the theme - such an unusual angle and lots of detail. For me tho, the colours are too drab - just my preference and i note that others think it OK
#2 - now that is the kind of shot that i like and you have done really well to get the reflection of the swans in the water and reflecting each others actions (y)

Melt - good framing and lovely shapes of cube and melt. Just a bit too all over blue for me (am I beginning to see a theme to my perceptions following reflection #1:thinking:

Left - cracking detail in the shot from the f/g to the sky. I have no crit. well done :clap:

Lovely shot!

The light, tones and detail on the boat are really nice, and it stands out well against the almost monochrome background. There's a real bleak, forlorn feel to it, that I like a lot. I don't mind the big ol' rock at all, the way it's framed by the twisted metal adds to the scene IMO.

Thanks Nick :)

Like it. The FG interest is super and the framing works well. I actually like the metal pole thingy. Some nice detail in there and it really fits the theme. Is it Whitby? And from your landscape course.

Tad on the, as you say, squiff and the grad filter holds the sky back. I might have been tempted to do a longer exposure to the sky.

Also works well n B&w.

Put your feet up now :)

Cheers.

Cheers Andy ....yup , it's from my day at Whitby...intend goin back to get some decent sky now I know where it is !

I really like this :clap:
agree about the "dark sticky up bit" and yeah probably looks like horizon is not 100% level. But I really like the contrast, colours and lighting. I assume there is some mild HDR going on? I am really going to have to get to grips with that technique at some point

Thanks Chris.....ran this image through Topaz to see what result I could get , just kept clicking the presets till I found something close to what I wanted then twiddled a bit in pse :D

Hi Lynne
Thats a fantastic image :clap: horizon slightly off but ever so slightly
really cant fault it otherwise great exposure, composition and perfect subject matter
what more can I say

Thanks Alan...never sure if it's my eye's on the wonk or the image !

Just to echo what Allan said Lynne, it's a great scene captured well.
No shoehorn required here.

It really shows the effort and thought you've put into this Lynne from the composition and that has been rewarded.
I like the moody colour tones here, it works well in colour, but I can see andy's point about theB&W working equally as well.

Good work Missus ;)

Cheers Iain , starting to see the benefits of slowing down & taking the same subject from different angles....at least I do when it's not raining :D
Ooo Likey Lefty a loty :)

The composition is spot on, no need to cal the horizon police and theme wise is spot on, the dark moody sky finishes the shot off nicely for me (y)

Thanks Dean (y)

yep - another (y) for left - great sky, details in the wreck and foreground rocks, compositionally no problems here.... well processed too. (Wouldn;t change a thing.. ;))

Awww...you mean I haven't given you anything to edit this week ....will try harder with the next theme :LOL:

Hi Lynne

Catch up time -
Live - mushroom shot#1 is perfect I think. Good comp, details, b/g , textures and colours. Crystal clear , it has everything.
#2 is good too and my first thought was of an explosion of lava from a mountainside ( the mushrooms) and a flow beneath ( the laves) - see you do do arty farty.;)

reflection - #1 you have captured a really good shot for the theme - such an unusual angle and lots of detail. For me tho, the colours are too drab - just my preference and i note that others think it OK
#2 - now that is the kind of shot that i like and you have done really well to get the reflection of the swans in the water and reflecting each others actions (y)

Melt - good framing and lovely shapes of cube and melt. Just a bit too all over blue for me (am I beginning to see a theme to my perceptions following reflection #1:thinking:

Left - cracking detail in the shot from the f/g to the sky. I have no crit. well done :clap:

Gee...thanks for the mega catch up Alan

Shrooms are rapidly becoming my default subject matter for this year.....

I know what your'e saying about the drab colors in reflection , tried to boost the saturation a touch but being jpeg it dodn't work so well :eek:ops:

Melt...yup , it's blue for sure...can't decide if that's what I was aiming for not :LOL:

Think I have a resounding success for left :)

Where's your food missus ??

Looking forward to a reminder if the meet :)

:whistle:

& finally I have my Food shot .......not had time or energy this last week to post it !

Reverting to my default subject for this year.....Wild food as poisonus to us humans which is a shame as they looked real tasty to me :rolleyes:

Wk45 Wild Food
by llj666, on Flickr

Taken whilst sheltering from the rain on the edge of a loch at Ballachulish ( right letters not necessarily in the right order :LOL: )

Now to get my Art shot done & posted tomorrow so I don't fall behind again :bonk:

TTFN folks

:agree: what Alan said Lynne.

Its just perfect technically, compositionally, on theme despite what the boy Posiview said when we were up in Glencoe ;)

Defaults are good, everyone should have a default :LOL:

Those shrooms look fabulous Lynne. The lighting really brings out the texture and the different shades of brown work really well with the green background. Really top quality.:clap:

Many thanks Alan....I quite like my shroom's...gotta be good at something I guess :)
:agree: what Alan said Lynne.

Its just perfect technically, compositionally, on theme despite what the boy Posiview said when we were up in Glencoe ;)

Defaults are good, everyone should have a default :LOL:

Cheers Iain.....defaults are good , you're right (y) Looks like Andy has some competition now...both wifey & daughter with camera's.....maybe a case of " if you can't beat'em , join 'em "...:LOL:

Very nice colours and lighting, again :)

Thanks MArk...after 3 years it look's like I may be getting the hang of this malarky :)

Week 46 already...only 6 more theme's to go then start all over again in 2014 :D

Anyhoooo.....had a flash of inspiration for this theme & spent a chilly hour faffing in the garden to the amusement of my neighbourso_O Bit of an exercise in pp for me this week , and after 3 trial runs I'm pleased with the result ...the only niggle I have is not having a smaller ( more to scale) brush or the right colored eyeshadow but hey.....work with what you have (y)

Here ya go....an ARTist survey's his work....

Wk 46 ARTist surveys his work
by llj666, on Flickr

& now I'm all caught up I'll try to stay that way this week with commenting ...TTFN :wave:

Well that certainly works for me Lynne (y)
Its a lovely scene, well composed and executed.
My only small crit is the eye shadow? palette is a little obscured behind the figure but apart from that, spot on

Well that certainly works for me Lynne (y)
Its a lovely scene, well composed and executed.
My only small crit is the eye shadow? palette is a little obscured behind the figure but apart from that, spot on

Thanks Iain....the eyeshadow box is a little on the large side so I couldn't figure out exactly where to position it...turns out the little fella is lefthanded :LOL:

Lynne that is WONDERFUL :clap:

Very clever, and I think that the "faults" make it work better, it's like a scene from a 1960's childrens TV program. I love it. :love:

Hi, Food, depite what Mr B says i like it. One this that stands out for me is it's a clean photograph with no extranious leaves, etc. Good detail and perspective. WB looks a tad off??

Art, nice one. Really well done here. I actually prefer the larger brush. Minor point and I mean minor is the small twig on the pebbles, lower right.

Cheers.

Hi Lynne - caught the dampness of the mushrooms really well there, as well as your "natural" eye for composition not letting you down here either...

Love the little artist sat there... when you say an exercise in PP?? Care to spill the beans as to how much??

I suspect there could be more than one can see?? But it's either very little or its been done very well, and I can't decide which!

Only clue I might be getting is the picture looks marginally sharper than the wood at the bottom of the easel.

Hi Lynne
Another really good pic very clever and well executed there is nothing i would pick on :clap:,
well ok maybe the oversized paintbrush but that would be really picky.

Mushrooms are very good too, a really nice composition and very clean, the WB may be slightly off as Andy said.

:LOL:
Very good (y)

You've pointed out the only faults I could find already ;)

Thanks Mark :)

Lynne that is WONDERFUL :clap:

Very clever, and I think that the "faults" make it work better, it's like a scene from a 1960's childrens TV program. I love it. :love:

Cheers Brian......I like that idea...of it being from a kid's tv programme :cool:

Hi, Food, depite what Mr B says i like it. One this that stands out for me is it's a clean photograph with no extranious leaves, etc. Good detail and perspective. WB looks a tad off??

Art, nice one. Really well done here. I actually prefer the larger brush. Minor point and I mean minor is the small twig on the pebbles, lower right.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ....as for the WB....I'm not sure about the wb , tried to cool down the bg color a bit but it looked odd , wanted a warmer color on the shrooms & log to add some life to to them...dunno , maybe I'm waffling :LOL:

& for the twig....it's a garden ....no time for tidying up when there's photo's to be taken :p

Hi Lynne - caught the dampness of the mushrooms really well there, as well as your "natural" eye for composition not letting you down here either...

Love the little artist sat there... when you say an exercise in PP?? Care to spill the beans as to how much??

I suspect there could be more than one can see?? But it's either very little or its been done very well, and I can't decide which!

Only clue I might be getting is the picture looks marginally sharper than the wood at the bottom of the easel.

Hi Brian....... by some peoples standards the pp wasn't major but for me was quite a big exercise . Took one photo of the model , easel & background .Struggled to get the easel in focus and still keep the bg slightly oof . Took another shot of a single flower with leaves . The using a tutorial turned that shot in to a water color , increased the canvas size using a white bg , cropped , cut & pasted on to the main shot , selected free transform to resize & angled it to fit on the easel . Erased the bits of the model that it was covering & voila....something about right :) I guess I could have tried it with 3 shots , ith ne focussed on the easel & then merged them but one step at a time me thinks :LOL:

Hi Lynne
Another really good pic very clever and well executed there is nothing i would pick on :clap:,
well ok maybe the oversized paintbrush but that would be really picky.

Mushrooms are very good too, a really nice composition and very clean, the WB may be slightly off as Andy said.

Thanks Alan..:)

Hi Brian....... by some peoples standar................

Excuse me?? Graham... :LOL:

Thanks Lynne - it's really well done, and the tools you used in the PP are the main ones that'll get a lot of jobs done. A tiny blur over the watercolour image (probably only a few pixels) before inserting it would have left no slight clues. But it was only a hint of a tiny clue!! (Oh, and a layer mask rather than erase tool is more forgiving in terms of removing something, if you go too far, you can paint the mask back and start again).

Excuse me?? Graham... :LOL:

Thanks Lynne - it's really well done, and the tools you used in the PP are the main ones that'll get a lot of jobs done. A tiny blur over the watercolour image (probably only a few pixels) before inserting it would have left no slight clues. But it was only a hint of a tiny clue!! (Oh, and a layer mask rather than erase tool is more forgiving in terms of removing something, if you go too far, you can paint the mask back and start again).

ooopps...sorry Graham :coat:

Love the mushroom shot, the light and the natural colours, along with the wetness... I'd eat them!

Art is clever!

I'd have maybe lost the palette, as if it wasn't there I wouldn't have missed it, but it's a nicely executed quirky image.

Another 52'er with an early submission (y)
Good work Lynne, gives you the rest of the week off ;)

Simple composition, lovely autumnal colour palette and on theme (y)

Hi Lynne

Nice composition the figures are placed perfectly in the frame, good colour and exposure
works for me (y)

Nice one. Lovely colours on the distance rocks, lovely detail on the fur and the composition works for me.

Uber critical....just the left cheek being off the rock :)

Feet up....of you could get your four seasons photographs up.

Must get around to starting a Glen Coe meet thread :thinking:

Cheers.

Back