weekly Blondie606's 52 2013 Wk 52 Water-The End :-(

Hi Lynne

Sleek - no idea why it gives the impression of being oof but a good submission for the theme. For me #1 has the better colour and #2 the better comp.

Reflection - super - an unusual angle works well. Good punchy colours make an immediate impact. But where did you get such a large piece of glass for your bike? Must have been heavy :thinking: (Oh and I am with Brian too on the watermark issues ....:exit:)

Colour - good fiddling but the comp lets it down I feel.

Fantasy - good topic, altho i don't know either of the authors. I wonder what it would have been like if the dragon could have been brightly lit somehow?

Reflection - Yay... bikes for the win! Hard to say much about it, nice idea, nicely executed.

Not too sure about colour, but it was a tough theme. I think it's the secondary, subtle patch of SC that doesn't work for me.

Fantasy works fine, again for a tough theme. Nice colours and composition, and fits well with the theme.

Hi Lynne,

Bloody difficult subject who thought of this for a topic :wacky:

I can see why you have gone for this, its certainly on theme, lighting looks fine to me.
I think there will be a lot of post and be damned this week.

4am you dirty stop out :LOL:

Cheers Alan.....dunno who put this theme in but I'd like to meet them :punch:

I know...surprised myself at 4am......just show's that oldies know how to party as well :D

Nice lighting, positioning, focus, etc.

a decent image on theme, well done (y)

Too kind Mark...it's pants :D

Hi Lynne, I feel guilty now... :LOL: I just meant that as signatures/copyright marks are not to my taste, I found that if i removed (in my mind) your signature then the images looked unbalanced compositionally. However, having been a victim of copyright infringement this week :mad:, I might have to change my view on watermarks!

Nice picture of the books btw. (y)

No worries Brian.......

Have to agree with your assesment of the shot Lynne, it's on theme though. (y)

I think you've had more than your fair share of corkers this year, not to mention the POTY, so I wouldn't let one theme get you down!

Down but not out...onwards & upwards...straight in to Fit ...god help us :cautious: :cautious:

Hi Lynne

Sleek - no idea why it gives the impression of being oof but a good submission for the theme. For me #1 has the better colour and #2 the better comp.

Reflection - super - an unusual angle works well. Good punchy colours make an immediate impact. But where did you get such a large piece of glass for your bike? Must have been heavy :thinking: (Oh and I am with Brian too on the watermark issues ....:exit:)

Colour - good fiddling but the comp lets it down I feel.

Fantasy - good topic, altho i don't know either of the authors. I wonder what it would have been like if the dragon could have been brightly lit somehow?

Cheers Alan.....finding a large piece of glass to put the bike on was the easy part....cleaning the tyre marks off it was another story :LOL:

Reflection - Yay... bikes for the win! Hard to say much about it, nice idea, nicely executed.

Not too sure about colour, but it was a tough theme. I think it's the secondary, subtle patch of SC that doesn't work for me.

Fantasy works fine, again for a tough theme. Nice colours and composition, and fits well with the theme.

Thanks Nick (y) (y) (y)

Week 51...Fit......

I've been fit for nothing week , some sort of infection that's refusing to budge is dragging me down . Decided to get out for a couple of hours in search of fit......loose connection but spotted these & liked how they have grown to fit round the twigs....

Wk 51 Fit
by llj666, on Flickr

Contemplated focus stacking on this one to get the very bottom of the twig in focus.....CBA'd with the fiddling , no patience , just wanted to go home to bed !

Wk 51 Fit
by llj666, on Flickr

My lord....final week's theme next saturday.......time sure has flown...thanks to all of you for your un-ending support over this last 12 months....it's been a blast , HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL :wave:

Hi Lynne

You cant beat a good mushroom shot ;)

Number 1 for me I agree with you about the way they fit onto whatever object they attach to,

Hope you feel better soon, have a nice Christmas (y) (y) (y)

Liking the first one, it has a bit more about it IYSWIM, lovely colours and dof :)

ps. I hope you feel better soon, not good for bugs this year they seem to be really hanging on.

pps. Have a very nice christmastime (y)

Last edited:
Super shots Lynne - even with you being under the weather.

Love the second, beautiful colours and placement, and the square crop works great.

Hi, #1 for me. Great texture in the 'shrooms and obviously on theme.

The OOF bit bothers me, I'm afraid, it's such an integral part of the theme.....but as you've been under the weather you're forgiven .)

Last week Saturday.....sheesh, can't believe a new banning is afoot :)

Have a well deserve break (y)

Hi Lynne

You cant beat a good mushroom shot ;)

Number 1 for me I agree with you about the way they fit onto whatever object they attach to,

Hope you feel better soon, have a nice Christmas (y) (y) (y)

Cheers Alan....Hope you & your's had a great christmas :)

Liking the first one, it has a bit more about it IYSWIM, lovely colours and dof :)

ps. I hope you feel better soon, not good for bugs this year they seem to be really hanging on.

pps. Have a very nice christmastime (y)

Thanks Mark.... hope santa was good to you :)

Super shots Lynne - even with you being under the weather.

Love the second, beautiful colours and placement, and the square crop works great.

Yayyyy...I got a crop right :LOL:

Number one for me Lynne. Great cropping and one for the wall i think.

Cheers Alan :)

Hi, #1 for me. Great texture in the 'shrooms and obviously on theme.

The OOF bit bothers me, I'm afraid, it's such an integral part of the theme.....but as you've been under the weather you're forgiven .)

Last week Saturday.....sheesh, can't believe a new banning is afoot :)

Have a well deserve break (y)

Cheers Matey.....I did well to get anything in focus , I was in a proper tangle......

What is a New Banning ????????? :thinking:

Like them both Lynne, number 2 is just edging it due to the fungus being isolated. Hope you feel better soon, sorry for not popping by your thread more.

No worries Michael , I appreciate you have your hands full with a young family (y)

Right....I'm back......7 days of feeling totally :puke: , actually felt hungry today for the 1st time in what seems like forever.....decided to try out a shot I had in my mind for Fit...actually it was either Brian or Graham that inspired this one....

Wk 51 Fit take 3 !
by llj666, on Flickr

Bit of a mare trying to get the needle in focus but happy enough . Hoping to get out tomorrow to do my water shot....got a plan which will hopefully come to fruition :)

actually it was either Brian or Graham that inspired this one....

ooh yay! Loving that. My major problem back on "size" was also getting the needle in focus. (Took a second attempt to get it too).

This is excellent, no joins to be seen, DOF on each doesn't even give away the composite, nor does the lighting.

Marvellous.

Hi Lynne

Brilliant take on fit :clap: really nice work on the photoshopping (y)

Lol, I have no idea. A mixture of JD and predictive text may have been the cause :)

Fit, nice one. You are really getting the hang of this PS malarkey....unless it's a really big needle :coat:

Cheers.

Praise indeed from you Andy...as for the needle....:ROFLMAO:

or a really small manequin. :eek:

Cheers Brian.....woody isn't that small...:LOL:

ooh yay! Loving that. My major problem back on "size" was also getting the needle in focus. (Took a second attempt to get it too).

This is excellent, no joins to be seen, DOF on each doesn't even give away the composite, nor does the lighting.

Marvellous.

Many thanks Graham.....think I have actually learned some pp stuff this year thanks to all you lot helping me (y)

Good idea and great execution, Lynne. Really spot on! I've got got one of these little guys (not as small as yours though ;) ) and I'm looking forward to using him.

Thanks Andrea....I'll give you a shout next time I'm over on the Island , maybe we could arrange a meet up ?

Hi Lynne

Brilliant take on fit :clap: really nice work on the photoshopping (y)

Many thanks Alan...(y)

& so , with some sadness I have reached the end of another 52 Challenge :crying:

Typically , my planned shot went pear shaped....due to the fact I misread the sunrise time , arrived at my chosen place an hour too early , waited till it looked like being a complete wash out, headed home only to see a slightly colored sky appear :banghead: ....I'm gonna try n get sunset instead !
So , another of my defaults to the rescue ...my work colleagues sent me a lovely floral arrangement whilst I was off sick & today it came in very handy......can't decide which I prefer as like all of them, & as it's the last theme I thought ...what the hell ....

Wk 52 Water
by llj666, on Flickr

Wk 52 Water
by llj666, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/llj666/11623704596/] Wk 52 Water by llj666, on Flickr[/URL]

So , another year over , I've certainly learnt a lot this year, particularly pp , met some great people in this forum & generally had a blast along the way .Thanks to everyone for commenting , criting , advising , kicking my butt when I needed it & for just being a fab community :)

Hope to see you all in the 2014 52 challenge , but if not , then on the forum generally

TTFN

Lynne x

Last edited:
Hi Lynne, finally got caught up with you just in time for the end! Lovely way to finish; the perfume bottle was definitely sleek although I preferred it with the higher saturation. The blue in the selective colour was really nice and of the two fit ones although I conceptually like the needle on, I think the mushroom shots were so densely textured that they were my favourites. The roses are just beautiful shots to go out on; the focus and clarity of the droplets are delightful.

Love the clean reflection; you just must have spent ages tidying that up.

Well done, and are you glad you made it?

Hi, Lynne, a fitting finish. A beautiful rose in all it's colourful splendour :clap:

Looking forward to seeing what week will bring. In fact I'm going to create my TP52 2014 thread now :)

It's been a pleasure.

Thanks Andrea....I'll give you a shout next time I'm over on the Island , maybe we could arrange a meet up ?

Yes, could be fun :)

I really like your three images for 'water'. The close-ups show great details in the water drops and the edges of the petals, and all three have super bold colours, but for me the first is my favourite, with the green in the background being the perfect contrast.

Must apologise.........suffering from yet another senior moment & posted 2 identical images ! Have amended & now the 3rd one is the one it should have been in the 1st place.....not hard really is it...after 3 years you'd think I'd know how this place works :eggface:

Just grabbkng a quick moment, lovely way to end the year Lynne, out of those posted, the 1st is my preferred composition. Well done on completing and I look forward to following your new thread!

Cheers Michael....roll on 2014 (y)

Hi Lynne, finally got caught up with you just in time for the end! Lovely way to finish; the perfume bottle was definitely sleek although I preferred it with the higher saturation. The blue in the selective colour was really nice and of the two fit ones although I conceptually like the needle on, I think the mushroom shots were so densely textured that they were my favourites. The roses are just beautiful shots to go out on; the focus and clarity of the droplets are delightful.

Love the clean reflection; you just must have spent ages tidying that up.

Well done, and are you glad you made it?

Many thanks for stopping by Tony.... & yes , glad I stuck at it & think I have improved this year...finally :D

Hi, Lynne, a fitting finish. A beautiful rose in all it's colourful splendour :clap:

Looking forward to seeing what week will bring. In fact I'm going to create my TP52 2014 thread now :)

It's been a pleasure.

Thanks Andy...it's been hard going at times but hey ho , no pain no gain as they say ....& you didn't spot my deliberate mistake :LOL:

Yes, could be fun :)

I really like your three images for 'water'. The close-ups show great details in the water drops and the edges of the petals, and all three have super bold colours, but for me the first is my favourite, with the green in the background being the perfect contrast.

Thanks Andrea....I'll ping you a pm when I'm island bound again...would be good to meet up (y)

1st one is excellent, I love a rose piccie and this is a great one IMHO.

Great finish (y)

See you in '14 :)

Hi Lynne

Nice finish not going to pick a favourite, just a big :clap: for getting to the end,
I have really enjoyed your pics and comments through the year (y)

1st one is excellent, I love a rose piccie and this is a great one IMHO.

Great finish (y)

See you in '14 :)

Cheers Mark ......appreciate your comments...flowers are one of my defaults & will I daresay be making several appearances next year :)

Hi Lynne

Nice finish not going to pick a favourite, just a big :clap: for getting to the end,
I have really enjoyed your pics and comments through the year (y)

Many thanks Alan.......couldn't have got here without everyone's support :clap:

Hi Lynne - definately flower macro's are a real strong area for you. Along with a natural eye for composition, and an ever improving skill in PP.

I've also really enjoyed your backstories to some of the shots you've posted (esp the white porsche back in week 13, and cut), and commend you on your unfaltering support of everyone taking part in the challenge.

Good luck for 2014. (y)

Well done Lynne. Another 52' finished for you. I'm bowing out for 2014 but I will be keeping an eye on your thread.

And of course I will see you in February for the end of year meet! (y)

Brilliant end to your 52. I love the deep, vibrant colour of the roses and they're all pin sharp.

Thank you very much for your help and encouragement over the past year. I would have given up without it.

Good luck for 2014!

Hi Lynne - definately flower macro's are a real strong area for you. Along with a natural eye for composition, and an ever improving skill in PP.

I've also really enjoyed your backstories to some of the shots you've posted (esp the white porsche back in week 13, and cut), and commend you on your unfaltering support of everyone taking part in the challenge.

Good luck for 2014. (y)

Many thanks Graham , it's been a blast & a slog in equal measures but I have definately improved in several ways this year :)

Well done Lynne. Another 52' finished for you. I'm bowing out for 2014 but I will be keeping an eye on your thread.

And of course I will see you in February for the end of year meet! (y)

Cheers Brain ....shame you're not joining in for 2014 but hopefully you'll stop by these parts sometimes ....& roll on February :clap:

Brilliant end to your 52. I love the deep, vibrant colour of the roses and they're all pin sharp.

Thank you very much for your help and encouragement over the past year. I would have given up without it.

Good luck for 2014!

Many thanks M.....glad to know I helped someone...but you made it & thats what counts :)

Nope, can't see it ?..

Have to be quicker next time :LOL:

Hey Lynne :)

Fantasy - Well lit shot, Fits the theme and in on time, about all we could ask with this theme :D

Fit - I'm liking the first too, I like the way it runs across the image, the background goes really well (y)

Water - WOW... what a choice, for me it's the third shot, them reds in all three are excellent but the detail on that last one is great, love the little bits of light on the petals and the focus on the dew :clap:

Well done in finishing your 52 in such style, you have taken some wonderful shots this year, I'm looking forward to seeing your 2014 images (y)

Hey Lynne :)

Fantasy - Well lit shot, Fits the theme and in on time, about all we could ask with this theme :D

Fit - I'm liking the first too, I like the way it runs across the image, the background goes really well (y)

Water - WOW... what a choice, for me it's the third shot, them reds in all three are excellent but the detail on that last one is great, love the little bits of light on the petals and the focus on the dew :clap:

Well done in finishing your 52 in such style, you have taken some wonderful shots this year, I'm looking forward to seeing your 2014 images (y)

Many thanks Dean....so glad I completed it when I frequently felt like chucking the towel in....maybe 2014 will be easier :thinking:

going out now - will look in tomorrow

(y)

Many thanks Dean....so glad I completed it when I frequently felt like chucking the towel in....maybe 2014 will be easier :thinking:

(y)
Many of us have been there again this year I think !!! and I'm sure 2014 will be just as bad fine :D

Back