weekly Blondie606's 52 in 2014 Wk 52 Support-THE END :-)

:) well it fits your definition perfectly Lynne.

I agree....the year has flown by ...where does all that time go o_O

Thanks Susie :)

Sorry. :whistle:. But at least you know when I say something is spot on and perfect... I think it really is and I'm not just saying so to be kind. :)

Nonsense - spot on and perfect. :D I found it an 'orrible theme to start with but I just let my eyes wander and let my mind run away and look where it got me. Really not much to crit here, simple shot, nice shadow and white BG.

Cripes, this time next week, it'll be boxing day. :runaway:

Cheers Graham.......I appreciate you pointing out stuff as my old eye's miss things (y)

Hiya Lynne... let's start with Round. I LOVE the first image. I think it's just captivating. I'm not always a big fan of high clarity shots but it works and I just find the subtle colouring magical. I really, really like it. The frame filling composition is just perfect and there is not a single thing I'd change in that shot... it is as close to perfect as I can imagine. :clap::clap:

It's funny how some images just really work - I'd happily have that on my wall and stare at it constantly (at least when there's no rugby on TV ;)). The B&W version is a very good photo but not in the same league as the first... the colouring really makes it for me.

Nonsense - a nicely executed shot with super white background in the middle (slight vignetting top right and maybe another corner or two) but overall pretty even. I'm not sure if the B&W conversion allows us to see as much texture in the rock, but it's an interesting shot. I wonder if this might be a shot which benefits from more negative space? Perhaps it's the long shadow which makes me think that...?

Thanks Paul.....glad you like the desat version....I have a thing for "not quite b&W " shots :D
& yup , I suspect you're right....more space needed to the rhs - can't alter it though ( other than via pp) as I shot it close up :oops: :$

Helps? ... a lot thanks ... 3 exposures blended eh! ... I thought as much.

Just googled Photomatix and that's interesting.

:) Photomatix can create problems ( as pointed out by Graham ) but generally I like it , you can make the effect as bold or subtle as you want (y)

Woops ... just scrolled back ... I thought you had mentioned 3D but no! I'd misread your earlier post, and you'd already explain about the 3 images. :exit:

:banghead:

No worries David....it's normally me having the senior moment ;)

great white bg, shadow works as does b+w. Where has this year gone!

Thanks Michael.......dunno but I wish it would slow down just a little....need more time to fit everything in that I wanna do :D

Nonsense indeed. I'm sure it being on the squiff doesn't bother you :)

Wouldn't normally bother me, but I've become a little OCD since meeting you lot ;)

Quick edit for ya...I'll remove if you want (y)

Unsquiffynotmine by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Oi........it's on the squiff in real life & yes , it drives me insane ,to the point I've thought about unsticking the coin & sticking it back on straight ! But then it wouldn't be authentic ;)

ya've got toooo much time on ya hands matey :D

Right...penultimate week , thought I'd best post quickly as starting on with a cold...ain't that great...spent last Christmas ill ,have no intention's of doing the same this year ! Wrapped up in jimjams,heating on full blast and got a huge supply of beechams to fight back with (y)

Big thanks to the guy's at Brooklands who happily allowed me to wander round the showroom for a few hours under the guise of taking photo's....in reality I was dreaming of the day I can buy myself a beautiful Maserati Ghibli V6 Diesel in Blu Emozione with full Nero leather :love::love::love:.......

anyhooooo...........to me ,the following is extremely extravagant....

Wk 51 Extravagant by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

I had a nightmare with reflections ( & I was using my CPL) but other than that quite happy with it .

& for those of you don't think that's nearly extravagant enough , try this for size..... A pair of beautifully crafted Ferrari suitcase's........for the Ferrari owner who has everything.....have a guess how much ??????

DSC_4578 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr
wait for it
£5000.00:jawdrop:

But that is for the pair :D

Hi Lynne

Attached: First one for me with the Lichen. Love the colour of it and all round the display of natural colours of nature. Dont mind the V of the branch but would find the teeny tiny bit of lichen on the very edge of the frame at the top catches my eye in a distracting way.

Energy: Love that fun and cheeky explanation for the theme - made me smile :). The very dark background works nicely to bring your subject to the fore here.

Round: Well now, here we have a superb picture and one which requires no crit at all. The way you've filled the frame with the sculpture is really good, and I like the sky as is - thinking a super cloudy sky or directional lighting of any kind could play havoc with the symmetry of it all :thinking:. First colour version for me - Think the way you've desatured it works perfectly too!

Nonsense: Fancy them producing these things so they're skewed hey. Good subject for the theme - what a load of nonsense and nuisance marketing hype. Works well in mono and the side lighting producing the long shadow lifts this one above ordinary for me. nice edit and tip from @posiview there too.

Extravagent: Been a while since I was the first too comment on a thread picture...lol. Regarding the watch, you should be happy with that, I dont see any pesky reflections there at all. The rich gold colour and black leather smacks of extravagence for sure. Like how the price label has been cut off just enough to make us wonder if there are 1 or 2 zeros missing :).............and those cases - make me sad in fact that someone would buy this nonsense when we have such poverty and hunger in the world :(

Last edited:
Extravagant - A couple of nice shots, well done on getting around the showroom with your camera !!!

Liking the watch shot despite the dusty top (tut tut Maserati), £190 doesnt seem too bad either or are there a couple of more zero's, Im liking the composition of this one, not so sure on the cases, damn expensive cases at that, even with the red stitching, not that I would say no to a pair OFC :O

Both shots are well lit, but particulary liking the colour and lighting of the watch again - Nice Set (y)

Nonsense - fits the theme, nice simple take for the theme, I have to admit not the best of themes I am struggling with it myself.

Extravagant - two good images that watch looks amazing and how much for them suitcases that's just a bit pricey.

Hi, of the two I prefer #1. Nice detail in the watch and the gold colour really pops. I'd prefer not to see the price tag, and would like to get in much closer.

£5000 for the pair, that's a great deal :)

Cheers.

Hi lynne, shot of the watch is great not sure about the cases, although the price tag is very fitting to the theme.

you have done well with the bright bits of the watch and the face is perfect, had to look up what a Maserati ghibli V6 was :eek:

Hi Lynne, I do like that watch shot. You've done well to manage reflections and highlights given it sounds like you didn't have exactly perfect control of the lighting in the shop.

I actually like the cropped price tag - adds to the "well, what is it?" aspect. I also like the composition... and a bit of dust never really hurt anyone! All in all, a very accomplished shot and perfectly bang on theme (y)

super shot of the watch lynne, anything over £20 on a watch would be extravagant for me, so (y) there. :LOL:

lovely clear detail, super face-on allignment, plenty of interest in the dials, and sharp as a sharp thing. Love the way the colour of the gold comes through, oozing extravagance.

Hi Lynne

Nonsense - simple, on theme, effective. Just wondering what it would be like in the colour version

Extravagance - beautiful colours - black and gold - extravagance emphasised. Good detail in the leather and the face and the stitching. Agree with others that the cut off at £190 leaves all wondering how many more zeroes are there.(y)

:wave: Lynne,

Excellent detail in the watch face, colours great, good dof, slightly oof price tag works well (y)

£5000 for a pair of suite cases!.............are they yours? :D

Hope you've got rid of the cold :), Merry Christmas, just one more theme to go ..........well for this year anyway :snaphappy:

Love the watch Lynne. Superb detail and the black and gold make it look really luxurious (y)

Nonsense .... I prefer the squiffy one! more fitting somehow. You do those BGs and shadows so well Lynne

Extravagant #1 .... Nice focus and and cropping.
Extravagant #2 .... Nice tight crop and I like the angle ... getting the handles and detail on top just right.

Hi Lynne

Attached: First one for me with the Lichen. Love the colour of it and all round the display of natural colours of nature. Dont mind the V of the branch but would find the teeny tiny bit of lichen on the very edge of the frame at the top catches my eye in a distracting way.

Energy: Love that fun and cheeky explanation for the theme - made me smile :). The very dark background works nicely to bring your subject to the fore here.

Round: Well now, here we have a superb picture and one which requires no crit at all. The way you've filled the frame with the sculpture is really good, and I like the sky as is - thinking a super cloudy sky or directional lighting of any kind could play havoc with the symmetry of it all :thinking:. First colour version for me - Think the way you've desatured it works perfectly too!

Nonsense: Fancy them producing these things so they're skewed hey. Good subject for the theme - what a load of nonsense and nuisance marketing hype. Works well in mono and the side lighting producing the long shadow lifts this one above ordinary for me. nice edit and tip from @posiview there too.

Extravagent: Been a while since I was the first too comment on a thread picture...lol. Regarding the watch, you should be happy with that, I dont see any pesky reflections there at all. The rich gold colour and black leather smacks of extravagence for sure. Like how the price label has been cut off just enough to make us wonder if there are 1 or 2 zeros missing :).............and those cases - make me sad in fact that someone would buy this nonsense when we have such poverty and hunger in the world :(

HI Jason...thanks ever so much for the mega comment catch-up , much appreciated , especially the all round very generous comments ,you're way too kind :)

Hey Lynne :)

Nonsense - A smart a$$ed idea here lynne :D

Nice PP, good shadow and the crop is just right, but the squiffy plaque is doing my nut :runaway:

<EDIT> Andy's edit clears that nicely... Phew :)

Extravagant - A couple of nice shots, well done on getting around the showroom with your camera !!!

Liking the watch shot despite the dusty top (tut tut Maserati), £190 doesnt seem too bad either or are there a couple of more zero's, Im liking the composition of this one, not so sure on the cases, damn expensive cases at that, even with the red stitching, not that I would say no to a pair OFC :O

Both shots are well lit, but particulary liking the colour and lighting of the watch again - Nice Set (y)

Cheers Dean :)Yup ,the coin drives me nuts as well but that's kinda part of the appeal of the thing........;)

I suspect that if you can afford a Maserati ( I'm still contemplating selling the house to buy one :love:) the £190 for a watch ain't too bad....however , £5thou for a pair of rather small suitcases is plain ridiculous......:jawdrop:

Nonsense - fits the theme, nice simple take for the theme, I have to admit not the best of themes I am struggling with it myself.

Extravagant - two good images that watch looks amazing and how much for them suitcases that's just a bit pricey.

Thanks Mandy....& you're right.....wayyyy tp pricey !

Hi, of the two I prefer #1. Nice detail in the watch and the gold colour really pops. I'd prefer not to see the price tag, and would like to get in much closer.

£5000 for the pair, that's a great deal :)

Cheers.

Cheers Andy...I did think about doing more of a macro shot but then it wouldn't have relayed the theme so well I thought ?

Hi Lynne super shot of the watch ...it looks very extravagant to me, spot on focus on the watch face.

The cases ...HOW MUCH :eek:... does that include a months holiday ... it's interesting just to look at them though :)

Hope you feel better soon :)

I like that idea...all suitcases in that price range should come complete with a holiday :clap:

Hi lynne, shot of the watch is great not sure about the cases, although the price tag is very fitting to the theme.

you have done well with the bright bits of the watch and the face is perfect, had to look up what a Maserati ghibli V6 was :eek:

Thanks Alan........Maserati .....:love::love:

Hi Lynne, I do like that watch shot. You've done well to manage reflections and highlights given it sounds like you didn't have exactly perfect control of the lighting in the shop.

I actually like the cropped price tag - adds to the "well, what is it?" aspect. I also like the composition... and a bit of dust never really hurt anyone! All in all, a very accomplished shot and perfectly bang on theme (y)

Thanks Paul , appreciate you stopping by ....as for the dust......it's just wrong in a showroom of that calibre :exit:

super shot of the watch lynne, anything over £20 on a watch would be extravagant for me, so (y) there. :LOL:

lovely clear detail, super face-on allignment, plenty of interest in the dials, and sharp as a sharp thing. Love the way the colour of the gold comes through, oozing extravagance.

Cheers Graham....I just pushed the boat out & bought 2 watches for the the princely sum of £15..........:D

Hi Lynne

Nonsense - simple, on theme, effective. Just wondering what it would be like in the colour version

Extravagance - beautiful colours - black and gold - extravagance emphasised. Good detail in the leather and the face and the stitching. Agree with others that the cut off at £190 leaves all wondering how many more zeroes are there.(y)

Thanks Alan.......the color version is pants....the rock is grey & the coin sort of dirty browny color...mono is infinitely better :D

:wave: Lynne,

Excellent detail in the watch face, colours great, good dof, slightly oof price tag works well (y)

£5000 for a pair of suite cases!.............are they yours? :D

Hope you've got rid of the cold :), Merry Christmas, just one more theme to go ..........well for this year anyway :snaphappy:

Cheers Phil......I did think about the suitcases as a chrissy pressie to myself....for about 5 seconds :rolleyes:

Love the watch Lynne. Superb detail and the black and gold make it look really luxurious (y)

cheers Elaine (y)

Nonsense .... I prefer the squiffy one! more fitting somehow. You do those BGs and shadows so well Lynne

Extravagant #1 .... Nice focus and and cropping.
Extravagant #2 .... Nice tight crop and I like the angle ... getting the handles and detail on top just right.

Thanks David......I prefer the squiffy one too :D

Right...finally got something for the final theme of 2014.....Support ....I knew from the outset what I wanted to shoot.....but complete;y cocked up the 1st try , focus went walkabout for some reason !

Anyway....here ya go......

Wk 52 Support by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Thanks to everyone for your support , help , encouragement , idea's & general all round camraderie over the last 12months , it's been a slog, huge fun , a doddle, a learning curve & a pleasure meeting you all (y)(y)

& to those who're coming back to do it all again next year & have just as much fun.......see ya all soon :clap:

For those not coming back , don't be strangers , pop in & say hi & I'll watch out for your images in the rest of the site :clap:

I suspect that if you can afford a Maserati ( I'm still contemplating selling the house to buy one :love:) the £190 for a watch ain't too bad....however , £5thou for a pair of rather small suitcases is plain ridiculous......:jawdrop:
How about we hire one for the holiday :D

And another one passes the finish post - well done Lynne :clap:

Final 2014 shot then... This one is bang on, looks almost 3d to me, stands out a treat and the dark shadow on the leaf really adds depth, nice colours and border too (y)

Been great fiollowing your thread again this year Lynne, looking forward to seeing your development over 2015, good luck :)

:wave: Lynne, excellent idea for the theme, the poppy really pops from the bg (y)

Well done on another finish :clap:, you've done some superb images, your '52 has been a joy to view :)

Happy New Year, atb and good look with your TP '52 2015 :snaphappy:

Hi Lynne, nice finish to the year, as always it's been a pleasure following your work (y)

Happy new year and good luck with next years 52

Nice topical finish Lynne. I'd like a little more pop in the red, but you've produced some crackers this year, as expected.

See you around (y)

Cheers.

I thought that the colours could pop a bit more, but given the sombre meaning behind the subject I feel this treatment quite appropriate.

Just one question... Is there cloning round the base to remove the blue tack?? Can't see any but I'm guessing there must be. :)

Well done on finishing again, I hope you feel more capable / competent regards pp work. Some of your composite shots have been ace, ably assisted by woody.

Absolutely ace snow shots on your flickr too.

Atb for next year too Lynne. :)

Nonsense - Nicely exposed with the light coming from behind left. Pin sharp as well plus a nice conversion

Extravagant - Good product shot of the watch although I feel the inclusion of the price ticket takes away from the obvious extravagance of the watch itself. Well lit though and again pin sharp where it needs to be

Support - Good finish to the year with a suitable subject for the theme. The addition of a subtle shadow helps ground the poppy although a minor crit is that it is facing the wrong way to the shadow cast of the leaf. The red is saturated well without blowing the definition of the surface.

Well done for finishing the year Lynne :clap:

How about we hire one for the holiday :D

Don't even go there.......:D

And another one passes the finish post - well done Lynne :clap:

Final 2014 shot then... This one is bang on, looks almost 3d to me, stands out a treat and the dark shadow on the leaf really adds depth, nice colours and border too (y)

Been great fiollowing your thread again this year Lynne, looking forward to seeing your development over 2015, good luck :)

Cheers Dean....looking forward to doing it all over again & having just as much fun :wacky:

A super effective image to finish with Lynne, love the simple composition ... I've thoroughly enjoyed your 2014 thread .... looking forward to next years.

A very happy new year to you.

Cheers Susie :)

A cracking end to your challenge :clap::clap:

Thanks Mandy :)

:wave: Lynne, excellent idea for the theme, the poppy really pops from the bg (y)

Well done on another finish :clap:, you've done some superb images, your '52 has been a joy to view :)

Happy New Year, atb and good look with your TP '52 2015 :snaphappy:

Many thanks Phil :)

Hi Lynne, nice finish to the year, as always it's been a pleasure following your work (y)

Happy new year and good luck with next years 52

Thanks Allan :)...don't be a stranger round these parts....

Hi Lynne, beautiful composition and superb lighting. Excellent all round - your 52 has been fab this year. Look forward to 2015... HNY!

Cheers Paul....onwards & upwards to do it all over again :wacky:

Nice topical finish Lynne. I'd like a little more pop in the red, but you've produced some crackers this year, as expected.

See you around (y)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy....I wanted a more subtle color in the poppy but can see where you're coming from (y)

I thought that the colours could pop a bit more, but given the sombre meaning behind the subject I feel this treatment quite appropriate.

Just one question... Is there cloning round the base to remove the blue tack?? Can't see any but I'm guessing there must be. :)

Well done on finishing again, I hope you feel more capable / competent regards pp work. Some of your composite shots have been ace, ably assisted by woody.

Absolutely ace snow shots on your flickr too.

Atb for next year too Lynne. :)

Many thanks Graham.........I was sneaky this time....I pushed the stem through the paper so need for cloning :D

Nonsense - Nicely exposed with the light coming from behind left. Pin sharp as well plus a nice conversion

Extravagant - Good product shot of the watch although I feel the inclusion of the price ticket takes away from the obvious extravagance of the watch itself. Well lit though and again pin sharp where it needs to be

Support - Good finish to the year with a suitable subject for the theme. The addition of a subtle shadow helps ground the poppy although a minor crit is that it is facing the wrong way to the shadow cast of the leaf. The red is saturated well without blowing the definition of the surface.

Well done for finishing the year Lynne :clap:

Thanks Peter :) re the shadow on the poppy.....it's real , I didn't add it in post , that's really where it fell...I was just lighting it from the left with a torch quite close in & moving it about until the shadow appeared.........:thinking: I really do need to try & get my head round lighting more this year !

A great end to the year Lynne - simple, but highly effective :clap:

Love the simplicity of it .... though I know it's not that simple to create.

Well done Lynne, and thanks for the serious quality work you've shown us throughout the year.

Back