Blondie606's Photo52 2011-Wk 52 Glass & Nature,Challenge Complete

(y)
There is another record shot that I thought of doing :thinking:

I like the reflection.
The 's' is an issue, but only a minor one.

Over all, I like it.

Thanks for that...the s continues to bug me but no time for a reshoot...must learn to check the viewfinder more carefully:bang:

Hiya Lynne, like your record shot. The reflection is a nice addition to the photo. I wouldn't bother about the s, it took me a few looks to find it :LOL:

Cheers Michael (y)

Lynne,
The main Evolution shot has been covered by everyone else. Smaller aperture (F11) and a tripod should bring it in focus and sharp. The other two shots just don't work, sorry.

Record is a suburb shot. I love the splash of colour the needle housing gives. If you get a chance to reshoot, this could be a good contender. Try moving to the right slightly, and have the arm coming in from the top right, so the needle is nearer the bottom left, just to fill that corner, and add a nice lead-in diagonal.

Well done. :clap:

Many thanks Adie....I was just messing about & trying stuff in PSE....lesson learnt ! Appreciate you comments on Record...the more I look the more I like it & will , at some point,try a reshoot taking on board the advice you've given...much appreciated (y)

[s1]^^^^^^
as 'e sed[/s1]

thanks Tina (y)

I really like this shot, I shamefully did notice the S, but it's a good shot.

cheers Joe...the s is really bugging me know :bang:

HAHA - why did nt you just turn the record to get the word STEREO in? ;)

yes i agree nice reflections - and focus

shame the record was warped I reckon it would have looked good on a long shutter speed

Thanks Jeff....didn't turn the record as didn't notice the missing s in the viewfinder...cos I'm a numpty :LOL: I've got an image with the recor playing which gave a nice effect...I'll post it up next...

Hi, there.

Evolution, Box Brownie...nice. It's just a really pleasant and nostalgic camera.

It's a good idea, I'd like to see it a bit closer and maybe slightly in front of the Brownie.

I like the BG and low perspective.

#2, nice cameras but the BG....sorry....

Record, really nice colour on the needle thingy...nice reflection. 'S', something I'd do...

Hi ya Andy , thanks for stopping by....I really do need to learn how to use PSE properley :bonk:
& yes...that S is haunting me !
Cheers.

Great record shot Lynne. I wouldn't have noticed the missing "s" without being really picky because the stylus, housing and reflection are what stand out immediately. Very well lt on a difficult surface.

Thanks for popping in Colin, much appreciated (y)

Hi all

thought I'd post up another version of Record just to see what you think as , although there are several faults with it....finger mark & dust I actually really like the effect I got when, purely by luck , I pressed the button at the moment the needle the jumped !

Record_1_copy.jpg

Is it just me that likes it ??:LOL:

Hey Lynne

Sorry i've been dreadful at keeping up with your and in fact everybody's 52!

As for your last shot I think i'd have preferred it if it was not jumping! This sounds daft to but i'd have chosen a record with a more interesting centre disk. Other than that though it's perfect... I think your other shot works better for the image you should use however.

You asked about my record shot also... I sorta played about a bit with speeds etc to get it how I wanted it. I deliberately chose a 45 with a destinctive EMI logo and found if I played it at 33 it gave me better motion blur as the faster speed was too fast. My exposure was 1/8 sec at f5.6, ISO400. The camera was on a tripod.

Hiya Lynne,

I have just realised I have missed your 'record' shots. Have to say I prefer the last one over the first, purely because of the colour and the 'ghost-like' effect that it has .... taking one to another era :D

I also like the lighting and detail you have captured in the last shot which sort of adds to the nostalgic feel.

Well done though on both counts.

Cheers

Dawn :)

fish and chips, yes, perfect for smell, it is one of the best!

nicely done for the record shot, and I agree, youve gotta be happy with the reflection

definitely weird to see a windmill in town! Can see all the issues youve highlighted on this pic, but still, a nice capture of a great scene

Hey Lynne

Sorry i've been dreadful at keeping up with your and in fact everybody's 52!

As for your last shot I think i'd have preferred it if it was not jumping! This sounds daft to but i'd have chosen a record with a more interesting centre disk. Other than that though it's perfect... I think your other shot works better for the image you should use however.

You asked about my record shot also... I sorta played about a bit with speeds etc to get it how I wanted it. I deliberately chose a 45 with a destinctive EMI logo and found if I played it at 33 it gave me better motion blur as the faster speed was too fast. My exposure was 1/8 sec at f5.6, ISO400. The camera was on a tripod.

Thanks for stopping by Mark & cheers for the info on your shot...mine was pure guess work :LOL: I did well to find a vinyl...hidden at the back of the cupboard under the stairs, it was a case of reach in & grab the 1st one I felt :LOL:

Hiya Lynne, I like it. (y)

Cheers Michael (y)

Hiya Lynne,

I have just realised I have missed your 'record' shots. Have to say I prefer the last one over the first, purely because of the colour and the 'ghost-like' effect that it has .... taking one to another era :D

I also like the lighting and detail you have captured in the last shot which sort of adds to the nostalgic feel.

Well done though on both counts.

Cheers

Hi ya Dawn...thanks for popping in...the 2nd shot is still growing me :)
fish and chips, yes, perfect for smell, it is one of the best!

nicely done for the record shot, and I agree, youve gotta be happy with the reflection

definitely weird to see a windmill in town! Can see all the issues youve highlighted on this pic, but still, a nice capture of a great scene

Thanks Fleur (y)

Hi all , another hectic week has seen me struggle for the theme...a few ideas but no real time:crying:

This is a last minute option & a rushed shot at that so don't be too harsh :LOL:

Saturday 27th I was lucky enough to be a guest of one of my customers at the local football team's home game ....he is their official photographer & supplies shots to the local news & sports papers, so I was pitch side with my camera suffering from a severe bout of lens envy ! I can't post any shots of the game as I've not got a press pass / media accreditation but had a great time & quite got in to it . Took loads of shots & almost forgot to take the theme shot......here we have 2 football togs...at work ....

work2a by llj666, on Flickr

Thought I'd use the "newspaper " style of pp in PSE as thier shots go to print...B&W works better than color I thought & I had to crop quite a lot as couldn't risk having players,ball boys or the ref in shot :)

Would also suit the "spotted a tog " thread:D

back in a while....defrosting the freezer & trying not to flood the kitchen:LOL:

Quick post for me this time as the next few weeks are going to be manic (for a change!) so wanted to get this sorted .
Went to a dog agility show sunday & on checking my card back home I found the following shot & thought...flippin heck...when did I do that ? Fits the theme though :LOL::LOL:

Blur haha copy by llj666, on Flickr

The I realised that maybe the theme was more of deliberate Blur so grabbed a couple of shots this morning ,had a quick play in piknic , the results of which are bound to be marmite :LOL:

Blur2 by llj666, on Flickr

Blur1 by llj666, on Flickr

The rose is a little past it's best but gave a chance to use the macro lens again & concentrate on using DOF to blur out the rest of the bouquet...hope it worked :shrug:

I prefer the first shot by far... just a blur! You've obviously just hit the shutter button and not had it forused or been on manual!

M

Hiya Lynne,

I am going to be honest here, and say that none of these photos grab my attention or interest .... and hey babes .... you know me now.

I can't figure out the first .... but as far as blur goes, this would probably be the best for the theme.

As for the rose shots .... they are citch delux and for that I give you credit. The rose in the first does have a sort of floating feel, and I guess with the OOF background that fits the theme.

But sadly this is one week that has not hit the spot for me. But then I guess it depends how one views or blurs a subject.

Good on you though babe for getting these shots.

Cheers

I prefer the first shot by far... just a blur! You've obviously just hit the shutter button and not had it forused or been on manual!

M

Hi Mark...strange thing is I don't remember pressing the button at all...the D90 does have a bit of a hair trigger though :LOL:

First rose for me Lynne.
I'm not a fan of the full on blur one, nothing in it holds my attention.

Cheers Neil...the 1st shot was more of a jest...the theme was blur & for sure , it fits the theme .Glad you like the rose (y)

First shot is great Lynne. The first rose is much better than the 2nd one. It looks like it is suspended in mid air.

Thanks Michael (y)

Hiya Lynne,

I am going to be honest here, and say that none of these photos grab my attention or interest .... and hey babes .... you know me now.

I can't figure out the first .... but as far as blur goes, this would probably be the best for the theme.

As for the rose shots .... they are citch delux and for that I give you credit. The rose in the first does have a sort of floating feel, and I guess with the OOF background that fits the theme.

But sadly this is one week that has not hit the spot for me. But then I guess it depends how one views or blurs a subject.

Good on you though babe for getting these shots.

Cheers

Sorry you're not keen on these shots Dawn but appreciate your honesty .To be fair I really struggled with the theme....I spend a huge amount of time binning shots that are blurred as my aim is for sharp crisp shots so the concept of posting deliberately blurred shots is an alien one to me .Add to that I don't have the imagination of many ( yourself included ) on this forum so I opted to test what I've been trying to learn with the macro lens :)

On the subject of blur I've opted to post a 2nd image . I really struggle with imagination (lack of it in this case ) & so posted the images of the roses with blurred backgrounds .

As some of you know my 1st love in photography is bike racing & this year I've been concentrating on learning to pan...blurring the wheel motion & background & keeping the rider & rest of the bike as sharp as I can ..

DSC_4790 by llj666, on Flickr

hope I'm getting the hang of it :LOL:

Hi, there, #1 is a fun shot. Serendipity.

#2 and #3, I like the colours and lighting. Doesn't scream blur to me, might be too subtle, with the BG being the blurred aspect.

#4, great shot. Like the wheels, wheelie and speed. Composition: central and orientation, are a minor issue.

Cheers.

Hiya Lynne,

I love your 2nd take on 'blur', that is fantastic and something I would be hopeless at taking a photo of (i.e., the whole photo would be blurred for me :LOL:) so for me you are doing a fantastic job with your motor photography.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Looks fine to me

Thanks Neil (y)

Hi, there, #1 is a fun shot. Serendipity.

#2 and #3, I like the colours and lighting. Doesn't scream blur to me, might be too subtle, with the BG being the blurred aspect.

#4, great shot. Like the wheels, wheelie and speed. Composition: central and orientation, are a minor issue.

Cheers Andy...had to crop a chunk to get rid of the riders behind & infront so positioning of the bike ain't perfect...orientation ?

Cheers.

Hiya Lynne,

I love your 2nd take on 'blur', that is fantastic and something I would be hopeless at taking a photo of (i.e., the whole photo would be blurred for me :LOL:) so for me you are doing a fantastic job with your motor photography.

Well done :clap:

Cheers

Thanks Dawn...you can do anything you put your mind to...you've proved that ten fold over the past 35 weeks :)

Okey dokey...week 36 & Time...something most of us have far to little of for the pleasures in life !

My 1st thought was my egg timer...the type with sand in but couldn't get a clear enough shot...wanted to see the sand running through but the whole thing is only about 3 inches tall so far to difficult.

Driving along today had a thought, stopped roadside & gathered my props - -strange looks from passing cars :LOL:

I'd love to say these are all SOC but my ability with WB let me down so had to tweak levels a touch .I'm sure this is gonna be another marmite shot but I'm really pleased with the result :D

Time by llj666, on Flickr

with all the leaves on the floor it was surprisingly difficult to get a set from the same type of tree but think I managed it !

Last edited:
Like it, like it a lot. My first thought was that you'd taken a picture of the same leaf over the year....

Suits time very well. Nice colours and well presented. Looks much better via Flickr.

My only niggle is the internal borders as a tad too wide for me.

Hiya Lynne,

Wow you have blown me away with your photo for 'time' :clap:

Now that is a clever idea and well executed too. I absolutely LOVE this image, everything about it from the colours, border, text, title ...everything!

Well done you, your picture has put a smile on my face :)

Cheers

Dawn x

Like it, like it a lot. My first thought was that you'd taken a picture of the same leaf over the year....

Suits time very well. Nice colours and well presented. Looks much better via Flickr.

My only niggle is the internal borders as a tad too wide for me.

Many thanks Andy....for once I went with the 1st frame I tried...knew it wouldn't be everyone's cuppa though :LOL:

I like it.
The boarder works well with the shot and I think the font type is a good choice too.
Leaf 4 and 5 look a little blown, but other than that I think it's good.

Cheers Neil....the 2 leave's you mention are probably a little bright....the result of trying to keep the backgrounds the same...I do love piknic (y)

Hiya Lynne,

Wow you have blown me away with your photo for 'time' :clap:

Now that is a clever idea and well executed too. I absolutely LOVE this image, everything about it from the colours, border, text, title ...everything!

Well done you, your picture has put a smile on my face :)

Cheers

Dawn x

hhi ya Hun...glad I made you smile :) I must admit I'm really pleased with this image...only took 16 shots instead of my usual 60 & apart from tweaking the WB only had to sharpen & crop & I loved the border..another 1st for me...1st one I tried & I thought...yup,like that:)
Thinking about getting it printed & framed for the kitchen wall (y)

Wow... :clap: just brilliant Lynne

Just to let you know how strong and powerful the shot is I knew it would be passing of time on my very first glance of the photo without reading the text! Very well done.

Love it. :clap:

Many thanks Stan....never ceases to surprise me that images that took very little putting together get so well recieved:)

Hiya Lynne, that is an excellent photograph. Like everything about it. Well done.

Cheers Michael (y)
Excellent idea, lovely photo! (y)

Thanks Joe (y)

Okey dokey...week 36 & Time...something most of us have far to little of for the pleasures in life !

My 1st thought was my egg timer...the type with sand in but couldn't get a clear enough shot...wanted to see the sand running through but the whole thing is only about 3 inches tall so far to difficult.

Driving along today had a thought, stopped roadside & gathered my props - -strange looks from passing cars :LOL:

I'd love to say these are all SOC but my ability with WB let me down so had to tweak levels a touch .I'm sure this is gonna be another marmite shot but I'm really pleased with the result :D

Time by llj666, on Flickr

with all the leaves on the floor it was surprisingly difficult to get a set from the same type of tree but think I managed it !

That's a cool idea! Very nicely done :)

Morning all

I must admit to becoming a touch un-inspired by some of these themes:crying: BUT I promised myself I'd see it through to the end & I will .
Had precisely zero idea's for MIX... well , had one but no time to get a mixing bowl,flour, sugar & eggs & a whisk....plus it would have got rather messy & I'm trying to get the house clean , not make it worse :LOL:

Possibly a bit of a cop out on this one , only sensible thought I had ( apart from the one posiviews already done ) a mix of all my 52 shots , was my breakfast mix...muesli & tropical yoghurt ,yum yum (y)

Figured out that high iso & slow shutter speed all but eliminated shadows although did create a slight cast to the top left of the photo's . Quick play in picnik to create a set of placemats & I give you my MIX :

Mix 1 by llj666, on Flickr

Right , I'm ready for the abuse.... :D

I've always been a fan of triptychs, especially those of Francis Bacon, so you're on a winner to start.

It tells a nice simple story and is well composed. I missed the smaller bowl, but as Michael says, its a minor issue.

Icing on the case would have been a few cherries to add a bit of vibrancy.

Cheers and you can now get on with another one seeing as you haver another 5 days....:exit:

Hiya Lynne, really like that picture. I like the clean background and the positioning looks good. The first bowl appears smaller, but that is only a minor niggle. Great work.

Thanks Michael...couldn't get each bowl the same size for some reason
, spent a wHile in PSE messing about but this was the best I could get:bang:

I've always been a fan of triptychs, especially those of Francis Bacon, so you're on a winner to start.

It tells a nice simple story and is well composed. I missed the smaller bowl, but as Michael says, its a minor issue.

Icing on the case would have been a few cherries to add a bit of vibrancy.

Cheers and you can now get on with another one seeing as you haver another 5 days....:exit:

Thanks Andy..just had a look at some Francis Bacon stuff...interesting(y)

Cherries ? oooh , how decadent:)... not thought of that but may give it a go for a reshoot..thanks for the idea

ps...gonna be off line for a while ...no 'puter so no chance to post another shot before next weekend :-(

Another cracking bike shot for blur, and I like the montage of leaves for time.

Thanks for popping by Mark...appreciate it (y)

Last edited:
Hi Lynne

Sorry for not popping by for a while. Life has just been hectic!

I LOVE your panning shot of the motorbike... faultless!

As for time... I like it a lot... although I think a plain green main border with white or silver text would work better.

As for mix... it's ok... I'm not sure the three pics even need a border at all... sorta feel its just not needed...I think the first beige rectangle would be fine!

At least your up to where you should be... I'm going to have to put the effort in over the weekend. My time shot is held up waiting for a piece of kit!

Mark

Back