weekly Bobby Gold's 52 Weeks 2014: Week 13 - STEP added

Hi, its a nice enough image, not sure why you are not too happy with it,
will have to wait and see what you had in mind originally

Cheers mate, I certainly do try to make the most of it its starting to rub off on Paige - she wants a camera now! :snaphappy:
Indeed mate. Our two are camera users too but I would say 90% of any photos fall into one of the two categories - Selfie or Food...... ;)

Hi, its a nice enough image, not sure why you are not too happy with it,
will have to wait and see what you had in mind originally
I suppose it's because I had something else in mind, I mean I like the photo I just don't think I've challenged myself with it. Looking forward to reshooting though, thanks for your comments.

Nice high key photograph, well composed and cracking sharpness.

Any PP? Not sure if I can see a few it's around the edges.

Cheers.
Thank you!

No PP other than the crop and a slight tweak of the curves :eek: I didn't really have the time this week if I'm being honest, I was late submitting as it was and feared the wall of shame lol. More effort required me thinks!

Hi simon

I don't do kiddy pic's (or people pics for that matter ) but the lighting is great as is the focus & they look happy :)

A lovely family photo but more than that. You've captured some great expressions and is super sharp. My only niggle is that it feels a little cut out especially around the feet.

So it's another late entry from me, but better late than never!

I originally struggled to find inspiration for this weeks theme, having toyed with a few idea's that wasn't up to standard or just didn't work out. So that left my Friday evening to get the shot done, processed and then submitted - I'm a glutton for punishment!!!

It's funny because at the start of this Fifty Two I had said "it's all a bit of fun, I don't plan to take it seriously", but so far I have spent money on every single shot I've done and I'm also too hard on myself. Next week I'm going to be easier on myself and TRY not to spend any money on the shot.

Overall I'm fairly happy considering it was done last minute, there's always the after thoughts of "I could of done it like this, or done it like that, or moved that to there blah blah", so here is my effort for the theme "Bubble"

Fifty Two Weeks, 4/52 - Bubble
by SimonRobson, on Flickr

Close: I like it Simon.....You've certainly succeeded with the white background! (y)
Close... Awww I love it, well focused happy shot(y)
Hi simon
I don't do kiddy pic's (or people pics for that matter ) but the lighting is great as is the focus & they look happy :)
A lovely family photo but more than that. You've captured some great expressions and is super sharp. My only niggle is that it feels a little cut out especially around the feet.

Thanks for all of your comments and crit, it's much appreciated and as always your points having been taken on board. (y)

I'm running short on time today, so I will get round to commenting on everybody's threads tonight - from a quick glance there's some great images!

I really like this - I think I'm guilty of not spending enough time on this - although I did have to go and beg a white egg from a friend who lives in the next village over :D

The lighting is spot on and the clarity superb love the rich colour of the cherries.

Bubble is spot on and perfectly lit. Did you add Gin to the Tonic later so as not to waste it? ;-)

Great detail, colours and exposure...Really nicely done there Simon....What lens did you use for this?
Thanks mate!

I used my Canon 24-105mm L and set to 105mm, it was on a full frame (5D MkIII) so would be around 160mm (ish) on crop sensor. In an ideal world I'd of liked to used a 100mm Macro but I'd never get the moneys worth out of it, shame really.

Thank you for your comments and input :)

I really like this - I think I'm guilty of not spending enough time on this - although I did have to go and beg a white egg from a friend who lives in the next village over :D

The lighting is spot on and the clarity superb love the rich colour of the cherries.
Lol! That's commitment right there, going all that way just for one egg! :p

Thank you, lighting is something I'm trying to concentrate on with this 52 - trying to improve where I can, my thinking is 52 weeks of trying different lighting on different subjects should hopefully add to the skill set.

Thanks for your comments, as always they are very much appreciated.

Bubble is spot on and perfectly lit. Did you add Gin to the Tonic later so as not to waste it? ;-)
Thanks Gav, haha I like your thinking but unfortunately it's only lemonade :( I will remember that though for next time!

Looking forward to seeing your bubble shot mate, speak soon.

I'm also too hard on myself. Next week I'm going to be easier

It's like..you're me...I feel this way every week :)

You should be very proud of yourself so far. Some cracking submissions and Bubbles is wonderful. No real crit from me..not overly keen on the text, though.

Good show.

Cheers.

You might have classed it as last minute but this has to be one of the best of the week. I like the use of two cherries and great bubbles. I especially like the few streams of bubbles coming from the bottom. Great stuff.

It's like..you're me...I feel this way every week :)

At least I'm not the only one - do we actually go easier on ourselves as the weeks go by or by week 52 are we like a stern head mistress on ourselves!? :)

I know the text is a bit Marmite you either like them or you don't - myself I like Marmite and in my defense there was some negative space to fill, I tried adding more bubbles but it didn't seem to work (for me).

Thanks for your comments Andy (y)

You might have classed it as last minute but this has to be one of the best of the week. I like the use of two cherries and great bubbles. I especially like the few streams of bubbles coming from the bottom. Great stuff.
Wow thanks Peter!! :)

You wouldn't believe how long I played with those bubbles at the bottom in PS, moving them about until the flow looked right. Don't think the Mrs was happy at how long I spent playing with "silly bubbles"... wait until she see's the smoke theme for this week :eek:

A beautiful shot Simon! The lighting and the colours are great. Doesn't feel at all last minute. How did you get the bubbles round the cherries?

Lovely shot of the kids too - None of the shots I have of my two from that age (only about 6 years ago) are 10% as good as that!

super bubbles, loads of 'em clinging onto those cherries... I think I might have left the negative space - composition is perfect even without it.

Great stand out image.

Back