weekly Bobby Gold's 52 Weeks 2014: Week 13 - STEP added

Beautifully crafted Simon. Lighting is great and the smoke trail gives a really interesting focus and makes the image seem animated in some way. Your tireless model seems to be acting out the scene perfectly. Hope you're feeling better now. Think you've cropped the image well too.

Beautifully crafted Simon. Lighting is great and the smoke trail gives a really interesting focus and makes the image seem animated in some way. Your tireless model seems to be acting out the scene perfectly. Hope you're feeling better now. Think you've cropped the image well too.
Cheers Gav, yes feeling a lot better now thanks - just need to get some food back in me!

Thanks for the comments, I'll let you into a little secret on the smoke (I suppose everyone else too :p) that's the part I really struggled on, actually getting the cigar smoke lit - it was pathetic smoke. So I came up with an idea of sticking an incense stick the the back of the cigar and using the smoke from that, I think it did the job. So I can see what you mean when you say that the smoke makes the image look animated in some way.

Also no crop, it was framed like that in camera :snaphappy:

WOW WOW WOW....THis is what I like...A shot so well planned and set up. Simply in a league of its own. The smoke idea is awesome. Well done Si and look seeing more :)
Well that is one hell of a compliment, thank you so much I'm glad you like it! Comments like that mean a lot to me cheers mate (y)

Oh, yes, play. Cracking. Well composed, very moody, plenty going on...but not too distracting....not much anyway :naughty:

Yup, one of the best play submissions so far. (y)

Cheers.

Hi Simon, you're off to a great start with your 52!

Odd - two really well executed images, and the first is beautifully lit.
Line - what a fun image! Great idea, super model and a the lighting is great again (I sense a theme here!).
Play - loads to look at, atmospheric lighting and - as other have said - the smoke is the icing on top. Thanks for explaining how you achieved it.

I'm looking forward to following your thread (y)

Another huge yay for enthusiastic house models - mine are threatening a no show this week ;)

Works really well for me - atmospheric and superbly staged

Excellent Simon :clap:, the lighting, the smoke, the mood (y)

Nice use of models for both line and play, lighting is nice on both of them

very very nice - that is the quality of a shot we should all aspire to.

Hi ya

another image where all I can do is go..... :notworthy::notworthy:....nuff said :clap:

Hi Simon,
First time visiting your thread, there's so many to get around :)
I will just echo what everyone else has said above, fantastic work all round (y)
You're off to a great start!

Another cracking shot, nothing to crit really as all the good stuffs been said already :clap:

I am though a bit concerned with your lifestyle, so far we've had Wine, Drugs and now Gambling..... can't wait for the next one :)

So this week was a bit of a fail, I put all my eggs into one basket for a location fashion shoot and typically the British weather has rained off every opportunity I've had, and I do mean EVERY opportunity, I've held out until the very last minute in the hope I could get it done - it just wasn't to be!

So I feel a bit of a cop out with this effort, it wasn't even a back up plan, it was more of a last minute "I need something quick". A very uninspiring shot for a Fifty Two but here are my two children Paige and Blake, they are so 'close' and so much alike its uncanny.

I will be re-shooting this weeks again at some point with my original idea, I'll just get my coat now... :coat:

Fifty Two Weeks, 3/52 - Close
by SimonRobson, on Flickr

I just want to say a big thank you to everyone else who commented on my previous weeks "Play", sorry I don't have chance to write back to you all individually - there is so many since I last logged on. I will make more of an effort to write back to everyone individually this time, honestly :eek:

That is lovely - I wanted my girlies to pose for me too - they sneered :LOL:
Thank you! Haha that's funny, I can imagine these two will get like that at some point - either that or get annoyed with always having a camera poked at them lol. For the moment though they love playing cameras :D

Fantastic work again mate. Now my two are older they rarely agree to pose for a photo unless it's a special occasion. Make the most of it while they're still young ;-)

Fantastic work again mate. Now my two are older they rarely agree to pose for a photo unless it's a special occasion. Make the most of it while they're still young ;-)
Cheers mate, I certainly do try to make the most of it its starting to rub off on Paige - she wants a camera now! :snaphappy:

Back