weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Hi Jill,

BOLD!

Wow! That is just perfect - and so beautifully framed and executed. Spot on.

Karl

Last edited:
Like the border.

Brilliantly simple and on theme (it's the finished picture that counts, not how you took it ;) )
The lighting looks spot on and there is lots of detail.
A+ :)

Thanks so much Tim (y)

A simple yet very effective idea Jill.
Lovely warm colour tones from the wooden skewers which are pleasing on the eye. Good work (y)

Thank you :)

Hi Jill,

cracking idea for this week's theme, simple but very effective. I'm not always a fan of borders, but in this cas I think you were right to add one. It finishes the image off :)

Hi Lorraine, that's me 'simple but effective' :LOL:

Hi, can only agree with the comments above, a simple but good idea carried out perfectly (y)
I am not big on borders but in this case it works

Thanks Allan :)

Hi Jill,

BOLD!

Wow! That is just perfect - and so beautifully framed and executed. Spot on.

Karl

Thanks Karl - WOW seems to be the majority response to Bold for some reason ;)

Hi, Jill, a very 'simple' idea that I find myself staring at :)

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, me too! I find it both relaxing and intriguing for some reason. :)

Another quality shot this week Jill. When I saw it on the main picture thread, it really stood out as a brill interpretation of the theme as well as a lovely abstract. Can't find anything to constructively add, so it's just a "well done again" from me this week.

I got to keep my clothes on,
And there was me on the edge of my seat with anticipation wondering what I was gonna find this month,
Oh well skewers will have to do :p

Very nice Jill. A nice simple interpretation (y)

Another quality shot this week Jill. When I saw it on the main picture thread, it really stood out as a brill interpretation of the theme as well as a lovely abstract. Can't find anything to constructively add, so it's just a "well done again" from me this week.

Thanks Ian :D

And there was me on the edge of my seat with anticipation wondering what I was gonna find this month,
Oh well skewers will have to do :p

Very nice Jill. A nice simple interpretation (y)

Well there are 43 weeks to go so who knows :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

Vertical - a very simple but effective image I happen to like the inclusion of the border.

Thanks Mandy (y)

Nice shot Jill - on theme and wish I could see something like that for vertical! (once of course I've posted relax!)

Hey Jill :)

Quick catch... sorry for not popping by recently...

Bold - Very brave indeed, what a great idea... I'm now picturing posiview and you together in a shot :D A good colour well lit shot, it could soooo well have been toooo red with that background but I like it :)

Relax - Perfect DoF for me, really liking the seafoam around the bottom stones, real good detail and layers of colour in the background - Love It (y)

Vertical - Again Oooooo that is very effective, bang on level, good colours & detail again, can't crit that at all, a bunch of spot on images :)

Nice shot Jill - on theme and wish I could see something like that for vertical! (once of course I've posted relax!)

Thanks Michalene and good look with your pics too :)

Hey Jill :)

Quick catch... sorry for not popping by recently...

Bold - Very brave indeed, what a great idea... I'm now picturing posiview and you together in a shot :D A good colour well lit shot, it could soooo well have been toooo red with that background but I like it :)

Relax - Perfect DoF for me, really liking the seafoam around the bottom stones, real good detail and layers of colour in the background - Love It (y)

Vertical - Again Oooooo that is very effective, bang on level, good colours & detail again, can't crit that at all, a bunch of spot on images :)

Ooh, Mr DK you flatterer you :ROFLMAO: Me and Andy together would be just too much for your delicate disposition, especially in his pjs :naughty: I luuurve positive crit :angelic: so :ty:

I'm winding all the way back to BOLD.
BOLD... What an image this is! Well Done! it is an absolutely classic shot and a stunning pose. I think the backdrop really enhances the image and brings a warm colour and give a lovely skin tone and backdrop is obviously colour co ordinated with your nail polish;). The position of your arms with your collar bone across your chest is reminiscent of a heart shape (matches your avatar;)). Extremely distinguished and beautiful pose IMHO. I also think your very Brave as well as Bold, Fantastic Jill!

RELAX.... You looked pretty relaxed for Bold;). The simplicity of this is excellent and what make it work so well (I'd never think to take something like this:rolleyes:) I love the excellent use of depth of field here,and that shoulder of foam rising up over the bottom pebbles is great, pin sharp with lots of nice little highlights across them. Its interesting to see the very narrow DOF in the sand in the immediate foreground. Very Ying and Yang this ..... Clear, Clean Sparkling shot, Nice Work Jill. PS I think Blue Tack is the order of the day here;).

VERTICAL.... Works for me! I am amazed at how quick off the mark you are! I never know what post to look at to find what the new "Theme" is (I'm just a mere confused man!) but I know if I look through your posts you'll be the first up:).
Was trying to work out what it is and I have settled with bamboo cane.... Nice clean shot, fits the theme, Job done(y)

Nice Work Jill!

I'm winding all the way back to BOLD.
BOLD... What an image this is! Well Done! it is an absolutely classic shot and a stunning pose. I think the backdrop really enhances the image and brings a warm colour and give a lovely skin tone and backdrop is obviously colour co ordinated with your nail polish;). The position of your arms with your collar bone across your chest is reminiscent of a heart shape (matches your avatar;)). Extremely distinguished and beautiful pose IMHO. I also think your very Brave as well as Bold, Fantastic Jill!

RELAX.... You looked pretty relaxed for Bold;). The simplicity of this is excellent and what make it work so well (I'd never think to take something like this:rolleyes:) I love the excellent use of depth of field here,and that shoulder of foam rising up over the bottom pebbles is great, pin sharp with lots of nice little highlights across them. Its interesting to see the very narrow DOF in the sand in the immediate foreground. Very Ying and Yang this ..... Clear, Clean Sparkling shot, Nice Work Jill. PS I think Blue Tack is the order of the day here;).

VERTICAL.... Works for me! I am amazed at how quick off the mark you are! I never know what post to look at to find what the new "Theme" is (I'm just a mere confused man!) but I know if I look through your posts you'll be the first up:).
Was trying to work out what it is and I have settled with bamboo cane.... Nice clean shot, fits the theme, Job done(y)

Nice Work Jill!

Thank you so much Steve......I do my best ;)

Well, the first thing I have to say this week is I'm about 40 years too old for the shot I had in mind :naughty:

The second thing I have to say is @Cobra 'See, you didn't have to wait that long after all :ROFLMAO:'

The third thing I have to say is that I hope @posiview is enjoying Mallorca so much he won't notice the slight shadow on the wall :whistle:

And, finally ...............

MOUTH

Last edited:
Hi, no idea what to say about that, I like it the processing is spot on and the shadow you mention is fine, an interesting if not slightly bizarre image

The mind boggles at what image you would have done if you were 40 years younger o_O:wideyed:

Hi, no idea what to say about that, I like it the processing is spot on and the shadow you mention is fine, an interesting if not slightly bizarre image

The mind boggles at what image you would have done if you were 40 years younger o_O:wideyed:

Hi Allan, it's actually this one :D. Bizarre, I don't know what you mean, it's only me getting one of my 5 a day :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If @Bruja was 40 years younger she'd be on spoonfed mashed banana ... think that's what she's trying to say.

Well done Jill ... stole the show again. Maybe Tim @LC2 has an idea: SC red lips!?

Fab really like this. What ever the age this just works ;-)

Gaz

The second thing I have to say is @Cobra 'See, you didn't have to wait that long after all :ROFLMAO:'
Jill, I'm shocked, truly shocked, I'm almost speechless :D

Great interpretation, I love it,
the image that is, banana's I can take or leave :D

That's naughty and brilliant :)

Is it wrong of me to ask to see the colour version :)

No crit from me.
Well apart from the slight shadow :)

Majorca is wonderful...we are all in bed getting ready for a 04:00 alarm call :arghh:

If I comment on no other shot this week, it has to be this one.

It's brill Jill. Age matters not, and I actually think that any photo that makes me crack a huge smile these days is worthy of mention. I try and steer clear of the photo thread until I've done mine, and mine is a similar theme but I need a willing woman. I keep getting narrowed eyes from my wife though....
(edit - I just bought my wife some shoes. I may have leeway)

[actual photo crit]
It fits the theme nicely - of course. But I really like how it's just simply "as it is" rather than a suggestive selectively coloured, or different POV'd shot. There are many choices for PP'ing this sort of shot and you chose what you chose. That's good enough for me.

So looking at the PP you chose, I'd probably prefer a bit more contrast. Actually, I'd prefer a lot more contrast, but I like contrasty images. Try a bit to start with and see if I'm, talking rubbish.

Seriously though, it's bold and cheeky and it really made me smile. Thankyou.
[/critstuff]

Mouth - well I like the crop for this image and the style of processing, my only niggle is the slight shadow on the wall.

Thanks for looking Mandy

I didn't see the mouh at first (and that's with my new glasses).
Very sensual, this works well in mono. I wonder what selective colouring of the lips would do to it.

Thanks Tim, and selective colouring would just be rude :ROFLMAO:

:jawdrop:
Nice work again Jill great choice on pp.
You seem to be going very 50 shades these last couple of weeks

If @Bruja was 40 years younger she'd be on spoonfed mashed banana ... think that's what she's trying to say.

Well done Jill ... stole the show again. Maybe Tim @LC2 has an idea: SC red lips!?

You flatterer you ;) and SC red lips would be a) beyond my limited pp abilities and b) just plain rude :bat:

Fab really like this. What ever the age this just works ;-)

Gaz

Thanks Gaz (y)

Jill, I'm shocked, truly shocked, I'm almost speechless :D

Great interpretation, I love it,
the image that is, banana's I can take or leave :D

I've shocked the snake hehehhhe :banana::banana::banana:

I don't eat them but I thought a cucumber might be a step too far :stop:

That's naughty and brilliant :)

Is it wrong of me to ask to see the colour version :) Very :bat:

No crit from me.

Well apart from the slight shadow :) Hahahahhaha

Majorca is wonderful...we are all in bed getting ready for a 04:00 alarm call :arghh:

Not all together I hope :eek:

If I comment on no other shot this week, it has to be this one.

It's brill Jill. Age matters not, and I actually think that any photo that makes me crack a huge smile these days is worthy of mention. I try and steer clear of the photo thread until I've done mine, and mine is a similar theme but I need a willing woman. I keep getting narrowed eyes from my wife though....
(edit - I just bought my wife some shoes. I may have leeway)

[actual photo crit]
It fits the theme nicely - of course. But I really like how it's just simply "as it is" rather than a suggestive selectively coloured, or different POV'd shot. There are many choices for PP'ing this sort of shot and you chose what you chose. That's good enough for me.

So looking at the PP you chose, I'd probably prefer a bit more contrast. Actually, I'd prefer a lot more contrast, but I like contrasty images. Try a bit to start with and see if I'm, talking rubbish.

Seriously though, it's bold and cheeky and it really made me smile. Thankyou.
[/critstuff]

Glad I've made your day as I'm really enjoying this and think it's great fun. I've tried it right up to v contrasty and i prefer it as is. Keep on smiling Ian, it's good for you :D

That's brilliant! Made me smile, I like the pp used and composition suits. Not sure about the thumb in view, but that's being picky.

Making a lot of people smile today :D I know what you mean about the thumb but it was a very small banana ;)

Great one again this week.
Suggestive and cheeky :LOL:
I knew the comments would prove entertaining too!

Add another to the the happy list :)

Great shot. Fits the theme very well. I don't mind the shadow. I'm guessing a bit here as it's in mono but I do think the lipstick colour in the lines of the lip is a bit of a distraction though.

Back