Canon EOS R Series Cameras

For my RP, I've got the 70-300 USM Nano, the 200mm L, 24-105 L and my current favorite - the 50mm Canon 1.4.

I got mine a while back and used it on Canon M series, the D30 and Kodak DCS - and it has to be my all time best. If I had to choose just two lens, it would be this and the 200mm 2.8. I strongly recommend anyone with an R to look at these too. I find the images just stunning with it!

For my RP, I've got the 70-300 USM Nano, the 200mm L, 24-105 L and my current favorite - the 50mm Canon 1.4.

I got mine a while back and used it on Canon M series, the D30 and Kodak DCS - and it has to be my all time best. If I had to choose just two lens, it would be this and the 200mm 2.8. I strongly recommend anyone with an R to look at these too. I find the images just stunning with it!

Used the 200 Lii on my rp, IQ is superb, the AF was crazy fast.

My reservation would be no IS or IBIS at 200mm is not ideal.

Depends on how much you shake, also, most of my stuff is moving so I'm never below minimum of 1/125. The lens is great for up to full body from distance, shooting into the light and from further there's a noticeable lack of contrast and funky bokeh.

Some more Canon R5 news just made public : https://www.dpreview.com/opinion/4115083276/canon-eos-r5-go-big-or-go-home

Newly Announced Details of The Canon EOS R5 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera include:

• 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
  • 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
  • 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
  • No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.*
  • Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
  • Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
  • A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
  • Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.

Lovely shots, that lens is so sharp. Some have issues with its bokeh, Tbh I can't see it. Loved mine on sony, nicer than sz55.

Cheers mate. Its a great lens. Simple as that. Those were shot at f2.2.

Getting much use out of your rp?

Some more Canon R5 news just made public : https://www.dpreview.com/opinion/4115083276/canon-eos-r5-go-big-or-go-home

Newly Announced Details of The Canon EOS R5 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera include:

• 8K RAW internal video recording up to 29.97 fps
  • 8K internal video recording up to 29.97 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265).
  • 4K internal video recording up to 119.88 fps in 4:2:2 10-bit Canon Log (H.265)/4:2:2 10-bit HDR PQ (H.265). 4K external recording is also available up to 59.94 fps.
  • No crop 8K and 4K video capture using the full-width of the sensor.*
  • Dual Pixel CMOS AF available in all 8K and 4K recording modes.
  • Canon Log available in 8K and 4K internal recording modes.
  • A Canon first, the EOS R5 will feature 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization, which works in conjunction with Optical IS equipped with many of the RF and EF lenses.
  • Dual-card slots: 1x CFexpress and 1x SD UHS-II.

What are we thinking the price will be? £3,500?

Anyone using the RF 50/1.2 on an RP? I don't trust the reviewers so your opinion would be much appreciated.

I agree with RedRobin that the EOS R is an excellent camera for close up/macro photography. Whatever you stick on the front in terms of extension, etc. the electronic viewfinder gives you a clear, bright view to focus and compose (providing you remember to switch "Exposure simulation" off of course!). The other thing I have found to be a really revelation is the ability to use my left thumb on the touch screen to drag the focus point around. This is such a fast and intuitive way to do it and beats using buttons or joysticks with my right thumb any day. I need my right thumb for the back focus button anyway. Wish Canon would do a firmware update to allow me to do this on my 80D!

I think the one thing I would change is to lose that multi-function bar. I have tried to use it (set to control ISO), I really have, but I cannot get the hang of it! I struggle to turn it on (tap one end) and then I struggle to get it to control anything. Either it won't change, or it suddenly leaps to a stupid high ISO value. Anyway, I have pretty much given up and ignore this contril!

I think the one thing I would change is to lose that multi-function bar. I have tried to use it (set to control ISO), I really have, but I cannot get the hang of it! I struggle to turn it on (tap one end) and then I struggle to get it to control anything. Either it won't change, or it suddenly leaps to a stupid high ISO value. Anyway, I have pretty much given up and ignore this contril!
I have set mine now for a tap to magnify which I've found really useful when manual focusing for macro, and not too irritating if I do it accidentally.

I have set mine now for a tap to magnify which I've found really useful when manual focusing for macro, and not too irritating if I do it accidentally.

that sound like good use of it. i couldn't find anything to set it too and ended up just locking it. its not going to be included in the R5 so this may be the only camera we ever see it on.

Back