Carl's 2016 TP52 Challenge **Completed**

Hi Carl, number two gets my vote as well. Very interesting composition coupled with some excellent lighting. Well done :)

Hello Carl,

I prefer the first image - nice and shiny but I would like it even more if the forks were in line. You've done well with the lighting mate, no worries about that. Nice shot all round.

best,
David

Hi, Catching up with commenting.

Old - Really nice shot, great lighting.

Metal - #2 is my preference, like the composition and the sharp reflections. #1 - I normally really like shallow DOF but wonder if this would work with a deeper DOF so the reflections would be sharp as well. Also agree with others that I would have liked to have seen all the reflection.

#2 for me, the reflections are incredible! Really nice photo!
Thanks Sam - I favoured #1 but quite liked both hence the dual submission.

I love them both, but #2 is my favourite too. The reflections on the back of the spoons are outstanding
Thanks Colm - I filched the idea from somewhere ... definitely not my own.

I like the subject in the second one and very well executed. Not just metal, but shiny metal!
Thanks Ian. Our best set, kept for "special occasions" ... haven't come across one yet ha ha.

Metal - really like these and the way they are lit - I prefer No 2 and if im being really picky wondered what a crop of the RHS would look like to make it more central and no black space to the right
Interesting suggestion Jon - may give that a try. Thanks

Hi Carl, I found #2 a bit busy with a lot going on and my eyes just wondering all over the place trying to find a point of interest. #1 is a lot better and I think a slight more balance shot would help too.
Know what you mean about #2 Stan - too full on I think. I really should try and view things more critically when setting-up - alignment issues with #1 an example of that.

Hello Carl, i like both images but the second is my favorite.The second for me is a better balanced image and has more to for the viewer to take in. Good luck completing you 52
Thanks Lee - wish you the same. It's a long haul to the finish ... but the travelling companions are great and the journey definitely worth the effort.

Hi Carl, number two gets my vote as well. Very interesting composition coupled with some excellent lighting. Well done :)
Thanks Rob. Lighting is courtesy of my homemade softbox - cardboard and t-shirt combo ha ha.

I prefer the first image - nice and shiny but I would like it even more if the forks were in line. You've done well with the lighting mate, no worries about that. Nice shot all round.
Thanks David. Yeah, you're right about the alignment being off-putting - can see that now .... but why didn't I see it before taking the shot Aaaaaargh!

#1 - I normally really like shallow DOF but wonder if this would work with a deeper DOF so the reflections would be sharp as well.
Thanks Steve. That's a good thought - may give that a try ... if the guvnor allows access to the props again.

To be honest Carl I am not that keen, you clearly have overcome some technical challenges to pull the shots off as well as you have and they fit the theme well. They just seem harsh on the eye to me sorry.

To be honest Carl I am not that keen, you clearly have overcome some technical challenges to pull the shots off as well as you have and they fit the theme well. They just seem harsh on the eye to me sorry.
Maybe it's because they are sharp objects which can have that effect. If anything #2, is a tad overpowering but is the one most have gone for. Never mind Ruth - thanks for visiting and commenting.

#2 for me as well. I think it's the 'balance' and the completed reflection...and the 'sparkle :)
Thank you - I'm on a self-imposed detention for the incomplete reflection and the off-kilter positioning of the LH fork in #1 - oh the shame of it all (ha ha)

hi
liking the second one as its easier to see that the reflections are in the spoons.
good idea with difficult subject with all those highlights

hi liking the second one as its easier to see that the reflections are in the spoons. good idea with difficult subject with all those highlights
Thank you for popping by and commenting Anita.

Hi Carl,
The second 'metal' one for me. The reflections are amazing, wonderful!

Hiya Carl, here we are again mate. [emoji4]
Shiney Shiney! I likey likey. Prefer the second as most do but the first would have won for me if it had a slight ccw rotation. What y'gonna do? Can't please em all!

Hiya Carl, here we are again mate. [emoji4] Shiney Shiney! I likey likey. Prefer the second as most do but the first would have won for me if it had a slight ccw rotation. What y'gonna do? Can't please em all!

Hi Brian. Thank you. Yeah, gluttons for punishment eh! Absolutely right about the ccw. Bit of a difficult one this week - been wracking my brains, such as they are, to try and come up with something different but time running out so desperate measures.

^^ Bump ^^

Thanks DK - need a kick up the R's. Need a mojo transplant. :confused:

Very imaginative, very well executed Carl. And its certainly value for money (y)

Took me a second or so to see you in the steam , I think it is very much on theme and very well executed :clap:

I didn’t see it at first glance... Then WOW very clever and well thought out genius (y)

I didn’t see it at first glance... Then WOW very clever and well thought out genius (y)
Thanks Michael ... not generally taken to having a brainstorm so resting up so the mind recovers from that novel experience.

Nothing wrong with that one Carl, an excellent idea and really nicely done ...I like this one a lot :clap:
Thanks Susie ... nearly didn't make it in time to stop getting behind after Week 2 !

Great idea, well executed Carl, really like that.
Thanks Chris - not sure genies are known for wearing denim jeans and t-shirt but shhh! nobody has noticed ..... yet.

Hey ... clever shoppery there Carl [although you must admit it has its imperfections], and really nice idea for the theme. (y)

Hey ... clever shoppery there Carl [although you must admit it has its imperfections], and really nice idea for the theme. (y)
Thanks David - many imperfections, from wardrobe to shoppery but still ..... I'm glad it's done pre-Week 3 PHEW!.

Really like your idea for the captive theme, clever and well captured and i like the processing

Very clever - I like that!
Thank you Emma - I don't usually do clever so off for a lie down in a dark room ha ha.
Really like your idea for the captive theme, clever and well captured and i like the processing
Thanks Lee ... I enjoy PS nearly as much as taking images
Very clever, and a strong image. Definitely not a 'meagre offering'
Thanks Paul ... it was a struggle but glad it's done.

Morning, I didn't see you at first, I saw the face on the LHS. Cracking idea and not one that crossed my mind. I'd like to see a ore dramatic pose from you, but nice detail in the steam.

Good show.

Cheers.

Very creative captive and eye-catching photo!! Can I get three wishes please? :D

Thanks Liz.

Captive: that really is a cool idea and I think you've done really well to pull this one off as well as you have
Very kind of you - thanks Jason

Morning, I didn't see you at first, I saw the face on the LHS. Cracking idea and not one that crossed my mind. I'd like to see a ore dramatic pose from you, but nice detail in the steam. Good show. Cheers.
Thanks Andy - hope not too frightening when you did catch sight of me. Yes, I agree with you - could do with being more dramatic - must try and work on that one.

Very creative captive and eye-catching photo!! Can I get three wishes please? :D
Thank you. Special offer this week Sheylara, buy three get one free (see, a poet as well ha ha)

Back