Carl's 2016 TP52 Challenge **Completed**

Fits the theme Carl, as DK says, in two ways really. It leaves you wondering where the closed road is, as, as there are no roadworks visible.
Thanks Tim. A mystery about the closure as no workmen seen as yet ha ha.

Week 52 - Celebrate/Celebrations

...... and finally. My last is of Christmas tree lights with the symbol of faith set against the wondrous gift of nature. Taken this morning, Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sunrise Christmas Eve 2016 IMG_5862 by Carl Ayling, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Carl, as you say it fits the theme, and ticks the box, and it's definitely something we see when out and about.....especially the fact that nothing seems to be happening.

Oh you hopped in with that one :) that's really lovely and very appropriate for the theme and the day, an excellent choice for your last photo. Looking forward to following your thread again next year.

Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you too.

Last edited:
Hi Carl, as you say it fits the theme, and ticks the box, and it's definitely something we see when out and about.....especially the fact that nothing seems to be happening. Oh you hopped in with that one :) that's really lovely and very appropriate for the theme and the day, an excellent choice for your last photo. Looking forward to following your thread again next year. Wishing a very Merry Christmas to you too.

Thank you Susie. Beautiful sunrise and a bit of luck coming across the lights and Voila! Merry Christmas to you too Susie - thanks for all the encouragement over the past year. Looking forward to 2017. :banana:

Well done for finishing Carl and a fitting way to end too, have a lovely Christmas and new year (y)

Well done for finishing Carl and a fitting way to end too, have a lovely Christmas and new year (y)
Thank you Allan. Hope you have a lovely Christmas too. Very appreciative of both your time and critique over the year ... learnt lots. Looking forward to 2017. :clap:

Hi Carl

Second arranged for me really stands out well spotted.

Male - what a great festive Minion I like the lighting

Out and About - Nice colourful image spot on for the theme.

Celebration - Lovely image what an great sky in the BG

Well down on completing your 52 challenge

Marry Christmas

Pic says a lot Carl, love the BG. A time to celebrate indeed. Have a lovely Christmas.
Thank you Walter. Hope you have a lovely Christmas too.

Hi Carl Second arranged for me really stands out well spotted. Male - what a great festive Minion I like the lighting. Out and About - Nice colourful image spot on for the theme. Celebration - Lovely image what an great sky in the BG Well down on completing your 52 challenge Marry Christmas
Thanks Mark. Just barely made it over the finish line but it was fun. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

It looks like a snake with a set of "cross hairs" on it, What are you trying to say here Carl? :D

Good sky and well controlled light for celebrate, the tree gives a good sense of scale and and the blue crosses stand out well. Very nice image for the theme. Hope you had a good Christmas and here's to next year (y)

Works very nicely the silhouettes of the trees and the Christmas lights against that stunning sunrise.

It looks like a snake with a set of "cross hairs" on it, What are you trying to say here Carl? :D
OOooo Er! Didn't occur to me that they were snakes ... just saw the crosses. Strange.

Wonderful colours in Celebrations Carl, nice to see your end image with a festive touch too... thumbs up to finishing your 52 for 2016 (y)
Thanks Dean. Thoroughly enjoyed the 52 ... again

Hi Carl.
Nicely captured sunrise there. Not sure I've seen snakes as Christmas decorations before, quite an odd image.
Not me either Tim ... not sure what that's all about.

Good sky and well controlled light for celebrate, the tree gives a good sense of scale and and the blue crosses stand out well. Very nice image for the theme. Hope you had a good Christmas and here's to next year (y)
Thanks Chris. Hope 2017 is good to you and yours.

Nice image and a wonderful sky to finish the project. Well done :clap:
Thanks Stan. Got tough towards the end but got there thankfully. Well done to you too - let's make 2017 even better.

Works very nicely the silhouettes of the trees and the Christmas lights against that stunning sunrise.
Thanks Bernd. Couldn't believe my luck while out at the bakers on Christmas Eve.

'ere everyone, just realised - the crosses represent Good and the snake, Evil ... that must be it surely. Only explanation for the snake I think.

Hope you all had a good Christmas and looking forward to seeing the new year in. Wish you all good health & luck for 2017.

Hi, I was at the coast and managed to capture this sunrise - best I've seen for a long time. Fitting finish. See you in 2017. Cheers.
Thanks Andy. See you in the new forum ..... as soon as @Cobra eventually gets around to posting the Week 0 theme .... yawn (ha ha)

That is certainly a sunrise to celebrate - wow! I love the way you paired it with the Christmas lights, too. I've really enjoyed your thread this year Carl - looking forward to more in 2017 :)
Thank you Emma. Yes, all ready and raring to go for the 2017. Looking forward to seeing your submissions too. Good luck. :woot:

The end of another fantastically enjoyable TP52 - thank you everyone for your kind comments and encouragement over the year. Looking forward to seeing you all in the next.

Back