weekly Carl's (Greenoak's) TP 52 in 2016 Challenge - Week 7 "Danger" added

Hi Carl :)

Blimey... behind again I am.

Captive - A tad dusty on there, my ocd would have me spot removing for an hour on that :D - the directions on the nav look like you are captive in traffic, so works for me :)

Miniature - I would have preferred something included for scale and slightly deeper DoF, although I can see they are toys, I'm liking the colours and the reflections :)

Happy - Really like this one, loads of colour and the DoF works well for me on this, like it (y)

Abandoned - Oh My... what a lovely building to have no roof, such a shame how these old things get left to crumble, good pick for the theme :)

Hiya Carl,

Clever image for the miniature theme,nice reflections

Happy is by far the best for me, perfectly taken, great Dof and the angle is perfect.

Abandoned, it certainly has been, like te treatment too.

Hiya Carl,

Clever image for the miniature theme,nice reflections

Happy is by far the best for me, perfectly taken, great Dof and the angle is perfect.

Abandoned, it certainly has been, like te treatment too.

Thanks Lee Happy seems well regarded..

Hi Carl :)

Blimey... behind again I am.

Captive - A tad dusty on there, my ocd would have me spot removing for an hour on that :D - the directions on the nav look like you are captive in traffic, so works for me :)

Miniature - I would have preferred something included for scale and slightly deeper DoF, although I can see they are toys, I'm liking the colours and the reflections :)

Happy - Really like this one, loads of colour and the DoF works well for me on this, like it (y)

Abandoned - Oh My... what a lovely building to have no roof, such a shame how these old things get left to crumble, good pick for the theme :)

Thanks for your comments. I really enjoyed my catch up day in Bristol

Nice little catch up Carl. Miniature: Love the models and composition and especially like the reflections. Happy: Truly inspired - would never have occurred to me. Great concept. Abandoned: Beautiful building - that would keep me occupied for days, Lovely detail. You must return there for a more dramatic sky. Well done. :clap:

Hi Carl
Miniature - Nice sharp images, decent background blur and reflections in the water too boot. Good Job.
Happy - That's an interesting take on the theme that no one else seems to have thought of, well done. I wouldn't know this was satairs without your commentary though.
Abandoned - That's an odd building... it looks in far too good condition to be abandoned, but it is evidently without a room so qualifies. What's the story behind it? The B&W processing works for it, plenty of detail in the large flickr version :)
My only crit would be the perspective, I would suggest an attempt to pull it back in PS.

owl by Carl Cross, on Flickr

I found this a really tricky subject so had a bit of fun . Lovely light this afternoon, and I really like all the moss of the wood. I was just walking around the site and work and thought this was close enough to camouflage

Its nice to see that you have had fun with a theme you found difficult, Nice sharp shot and certainly better than nothing.

A bit too close to being over exposed for my taste I'm afraid, and more 'partially hidden' than camouflaged.
That said though, it is a nice sharp image and he draws your focus :)

I totally agree with it not really being on subject, I just thought it was better than nothing, and I was certainly not going down the photoshop route as lots of others done. I must confess of the shots released only the chameleon really took my fancy. A very challenging subject.

It would certainly blend in nicely against that bg Carl just a bit too bright. Nice and colourful.

Hi Carl ...we have one of those as a seagull scarer but they totally ignore it :) I really like close ups but maybe with this one a distance shot might have worked better. Some themes are easier than others and camouflage was a difficult one ...shame it wasn't drawn in the summer I think it would have been easier.

Well done catching up.

Miniature - I like the colours, the idea to use the water and the reflections. works well.
Happy - Good shot, nice DOF and colours. Well done on spotting the opportunity.
Abandoned - Interesting looking building with lots of detail.
Camouflage - it was a tough theme, well done for getting something. An interesting subject but as others have said just a bit to bright.

This is a camera phone image taken today at work. The area is marked as a hard hat danger zone, so I nipped over to take a snap. I was soon moved on !!

DSC_0110 by Carl Cross, on Flickr

Catching up with comments
Miniature - fun shot I like the reflections
Happy - certainly captures memories of a happy day perfect for the theme
Abandoned - sad to see beautiful buildings abandoned but great picture
Camouflage - fun idea
Dangerous - certainly does look dangerous not surprised they moved you on

Happy: I love a good dof shot and this one really appeals to me. Nice composition, good sharp detail on the bits in focus and happy colours. And it's a great idea for the theme!

Abandoned: Wow, beautiful building. What a pity it's abandoned! Nicely shot!

Camouflage: Well, like the others (and yourself) said, not too on theme, but it's a nice photo nevertheless. :) Owl looks startled, which is cute.

Danger: What lovely blue sky! (Doesn't look too dangerous because of that, lol.) I think this scene has a lot of potential to look more dangerous and interesting if you could zoom in closer to the action but I guess you weren't able to stick around too long before being chased away? :p

One of the most dangerous occupations so well chosen Carl. What a lovely day too. Crisp clear take.

Hard hat zone? yet the red shirt from Star Trek on the LHS will be dispatched shortly no doubt...loving that sky though, so blue!

Hi Carl

Dangerous is definitely on theme. I think cropping parts off the digger to the left and the digger to the right don't help the image "settle" - which can make it a bit more tense if that's what you want, but I think in this instance, shooting a touch wider would give a greater context to the danger as well as capture all of those vehicles. A good image for a camera phone though!

Topical is just working for me. Ive played with daffs mars bars apples flags and Im still not happy ... GRRR to topical...

Back