weekly Chris P My 2019 52’s Week 36 Soft

Hi Chris,

Plastic - Nice work for the technique. Pretty vibrant there.
Interior - Heh, oddly that sort of shot was one of my options at Dunster. Nicely executed :)
Life - Bug shot. No comment.
Free Week - Oooh, liking the first one. It has a dystopian feel to it.
Closed - They look like sweets in a box. I agree that the pp needs some work, but having had a play, really the only thing I would do is use levels to set the white point. That gives it a lot more pop.
Wide - Impressive to get that shot at a GP weekend. I likes it :)
Dirty - Haha, an excellent expression caught there. Nicely caught with the DoF too, given it must have been an instinct thing to grab the shot.
Drink - Fun and captures the theme. I thnk though I would have tried to get more crowd in, or some part of the track to give it more context. This 'could' be an evening in the park...
Thanks Tim for your comprehensive comments, really appreciated. They really help me no matter good or bad. As each week goes by each theme makes me want to improve.
Interior
I think your something different works pretty well, it's different, but still works for the theme.

Plastic
It certainly pops.
Dominic, thanks for your comments. I wanted something different for interior and think it works quite well.
All good shots, but I really love the plastic colour pop shot.
Thanks Dave, I have used the plastic flowers before. I hope that they last the winter as I am sure they will make a comeback next year !
Three great images Chris!:clap:

Life: Wow! Excellent insect macro! Great detail on the eye, and wonderful deep, rich colours.
Interior: I love this image - it's creative and it just works. Great use of reflections, and the mono process fits well.
Plastic: Smashing colour pop technique, which works very well with the subject.
Thanks Gareth, I am trying ! Each week makes me really think ! Then it’s three weeks and I start to panic !

Thanks for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated !

Week 35 Building.

The Victorian Summer House at Charlecote Park National Trust. Went there last Sunday with my granddaughter Winnie and came across this great little building. Here’s a LINK from the National Trust’s website. I have some pics from inside but taken from the outside through the little windows but didn’t think they were quite right for the theme.

Building by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

And one of Winnie xx

Winnie Willow Smith by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Last edited:
Empty
Out of the two i will go for the second, I think it conveys empty a bit better.

Building
What a wonderful little building, You've captured it really well.

Very nice set of images Chris.:clap:

Empty: Very sumptuous dining room, and well exposed and photographed, though I think I agree with Dominic, the second image works best for the theme.
Building: What a terrific little building! Quaint and interesting, and perfectly photographed with some lovely, sharp details.
And a bonus is the wonderful portrait of the adorable Winnie....great back lighting with good attention to DoF and well controlled shadows!(y)

Hi Chris

What a nice little building you found there, lots of interest, plus a fanastic shot of your cute grandaughter, a real bonus.

For Empty, I prefer the chairs shot, more to look at and keep interested in. Excellant colours and exposure.

Pete

Empty
Out of the two i will go for the second, I think it conveys empty a bit better.
Building
What a wonderful little building, You've captured it really well.
Thanks Dominic, the little building is really full of character. Something out of a fairytale.
Very nice set of images Chris.:clap:

Empty: Very sumptuous dining room, and well exposed and photographed, though I think I agree with Dominic, the second image works best for the theme.
Building: What a terrific little building! Quaint and interesting, and perfectly photographed with some lovely, sharp details.
And a bonus is the wonderful portrait of the adorable Winnie....great back lighting with good attention to DoF and well controlled shadows!(y)
Thanks Gareth, be prepared for many more images of my Winnie !
Hi Chris

What a nice little building you found there, lots of interest, plus a fanastic shot of your cute grandaughter, a real bonus.

For Empty, I prefer the chairs shot, more to look at and keep interested in. Excellant colours and exposure.

Pete
Thanks Pete, nearly caught up with the themes !

Building is really nice, very interesting subject and well composed
Empty: I think I prefer the first, although a bit busy for my taste.
Soft is such a lovely image (either), really like the way you've used the sun t0 backlight, it catches the cotton of the bonnet etc perfectly. Great stuff

Hey Chris,

A little bit more catch-up from me ;)
  • Soft - I'm with Jim on this, great use of the available light to provide a backlit, almost halo effect (y)
  • Empty - #2 for me, it say empty to me more than #1, which is really a lack of people rather than emptied.
    Critique would be that I would have done some pp on the verticals (but that's just me).
  • Building - That's a great looking little cottage, lovely capture. That's good enough to be included in their guide !

Lovely soft shot. Most soft focus shots just look out of focus to me but this one works :)

Some awesome shots in your recent submissions....

I really like your take on INTERIOR, great idea and b/w suits really well.

Cracking images Chris.
Building looks like something from a chocolate box and the photo of Winnie is lovely.
Empty works best on the second one for me.
What's not to like about Soft. Another really lovely photo.

I love the empty dining room - it looks so sumptuous - that wallpaper must have cost a fortune in its day.
Soft - of the baby is a beautiful shot - definitely a keeper. And I really like the fact she is not looking at you.
And an adorable fairytale cottage!

Well what a disaster! Moving has been the most stressful thing I have ever gone and done. I totally went to pieces and have just managed to get things back on track. We lived at our old house for 30 years ! Packing and unpacking has been a nightmare ! However I need to distress so have sorted the cameras and batteries are on charge. I am going to give the 52 a third attempt ! I can’t promise I’ll get to complete but will give it my best attempt. Thanks for all the support with my 2019 effort, all the comments really spur me on. Here’s to 2019 and all the great members !

Back