Clives 52 in 2019 Thread Almost there!

very nice great capture and as I said on the other new growth style ones I love these as it makes me feel like spring is coming :D

Yup, definitely new growth there - nicely done

It's quite worrying, all these new blooms just as we're supposed to be going into a lengthy cold snap!
Plenty of colour Clive, but personally I would like to have been not quite so tight in, to give a bit of context (but of course I don't know what constraints you had).

fabulous colour there and more to come when they bloom. good choice not to go for the technical on this one.

Nice and bright new flower bud Clive, good to see you back as well.
very nice great capture and as I said on the other new growth style ones I love these as it makes me feel like spring is coming :D
Yup, definitely new growth there - nicely done
Perfect for the theme Clive, you’ll soon have some lovely new blooms.
Welcome back, Clive, and good luck with completing this year's 52. This is perfect for the theme and the bright green underlines the fresh hope with each new year.
Lovely vibrant green there Clive.
I really like the colours, rich and compelling.
Great image!
(y)
Very nicely done. On theme and full of colour.
It's quite worrying, all these new blooms just as we're supposed to be going into a lengthy cold snap!
Plenty of colour Clive, but personally I would like to have been not quite so tight in, to give a bit of context (but of course I don't know what constraints you had).
Like this Clive, be nice to see what colours you the blooms are
Nice and bright and lovely to see some fresh green growth at this time of year.
fabulous colour there and more to come when they bloom. good choice not to go for the technical on this one.
Thanks everyone, hoping I have lost my green cast too!

Hi Clive

New, Nice vibrant colours, well cropped (apart from the part label on the right) and fits the theme.

Pete

Open
Love it. The title says it all.

Distant
I like it, there's not too many people on the platform.

Great images Clive.

Clean: Great B&W processing - such marvellous contrasts, and good use of the groynes for leading the eye.
Spectacular light, and the textures on the sand are tremendous.
Open: Unusual, quirky, funny and very inventive....lovely image!
Distant: I love the use of vanishing point perspective, so effective. Crisp, sharp and with a great story.
Nice work Clive!(y)

Great shots to get up to date. I'd go with the color version of the clean beach. Open is a great capture. I just wonder what they were doing there in the first place!!
And distant is the same idea I had, so great too. I know how 'round' the underground is, as I often have to explain to students why it's called the Tube.

I agree, a super catch up.
Clean, that sea looks polished, really nice composition too.
Open ...what’s not to like, that’s a really excellent shot for the theme.
Distant ...fits the theme perfectly, I like the central placing of the yellow line, it really leads the eye.

Open: great fun image. Well spotted.
Distant: Good lead in line of the yellow line and track. You definitely get a feel of going into the unknown distance through the tunnel t the end.

That's a good catch-up, Clive (y)

I just prefer the colour version of the clean beach shot, although I can see why you would try B&W too, but there's just enough colour to go for that one. Open is excellent and very funny - well spotted! The lines and vanishing point in Distant make that a good fit for the theme, with the yellow line being a great aid to taking the eye through the scene and into the distance.

Hi Clive

Clean - I don't know, both work. Maybe *just* the colour one simply due to the colour creeping into the sky.
Open - LOL, nice capture. Would work well for this week's theme too.
Distant - Another shot begging to be used for week 6! I would like it to be sharper throughout the whole image though.

Clive

Clean, Both Colour & B&W work well, the line of the breakwater takes you out of the picture. Fits the theme.

Open, what's the chance of that happening. Great Shot. I would have tried cropped both edges to get rid of the none vertical lines to see if it improves the image, Maybe you did and it was a waste of time.

Distant, like this one as well, lots to look at on the walls when following the track into the distance.

Cold, the colour does make it look very cold, the sun in the centre I feel is too much but I see what you were trying to achive. May have been better easrlier on in the morning with the sun still behind the houses. Is it on a hill as there is a slope.

Pete

Clive

Cold, the colour does make it look very cold, the sun in the centre I feel is too much but I see what you were trying to achive. May have been better easrlier on in the morning with the sun still behind the houses. Is it on a hill as there is a slope.

Pete

Hi Pete, thank you for your comments. It would have been better earlier...I am told, I missed it!
Slight slope off to th left.

This works very well but, as others have said, the sun is so bright. I feel I almost want to shield my eyes, so maybe that was the effect you were looking for?

There’s something I can’t put my finger on, might be the bright sunshine but I’m not too sure about that. It definitely gives you the impression of cold for sure

Back