Clives 52 in 2020

A nice set of "hidden" Clive.

I like the footpath sign. It somehow defines anticipation..

A nice selection Clive. Love the fox cub pic.. the half face works for me even if its not the sharpest.

I love the hidden sun, but that shot of the fox cub is fantastic!
Thank you Shugpug

Foxy for me too. Sharpness is often placed above content - and wrongly so.
Thank you, it has been nice watching them

Great set of hidden images - I think the fox image would have been better had the eyes been in full focus.
Thanks Phil, I just missed focus, which is why it wasn't my first choice.
Hi Clive
Great set of Images, great to see the Fox cub, not being sharp reflects how tentative he must be out in daylight and peeping round a gate/fence post, we have some foxes round here which I sometimes see when taking Dudley <<---- out for his last walk.
Pete
Thanks Pete, we have about 8 foxes in the field at the end of our garden, fun to watch, last couple of days we have had a Muntjac too.

A nice set of "hidden" Clive.
I like the footpath sign. It somehow defines anticipation..
Thank you Mr Cobra, it was a nice setting, a new path to us and seemed to be little used.

A nice selection Clive. Love the fox cub pic.. the half face works for me even if its not the sharpest.
Thank you Helen, I am still trying to get him a bit sharper sitting in the garden trying not to scare them.

Hidden
The Hidden sun and fox work the best for me. I'm not sure I can pick between the two.

Hidden
The Hidden sun and fox work the best for me. I'm not sure I can pick between the two.
Hi Dominic, I picked the sky because I missed focus on the fox...and never got a second chance!

That's a terrific sky Clive and well processed. I like the fox too.
Thank you Pete, after a few dry days we had a small storm coming in

Great set. My favourite is the hidden road sign.
Thank you David

Clever idea Clive, it works well.

Yep - small it is and nicely thought out :)

That made me smile as well - not a bad thing at this time. Thank you for that!

Cool fun take on the theme Clive, like it.
Thank you Dave

That made me smile. Nice idea.
Glad to make you smile

Clever idea Clive, it works well.
Thank you Chris

Yep - small it is and nicely thought out :)
Thank you Dave

Made me smile too as I scrolled down to see what was small :) I thought he might be Jack.. and the corn stalk
Thank you Bebop, my dark mind never got to Jack and the Beanstalk.

That made me smile as well - not a bad thing at this time. Thank you for that!
You're welcome Joan, Thank you.

Love your hidden shot great sky.
Like the humour in small, perfect exposure with lovely colours.

Week 25 Snappers Choice

Getting visits from some local fox cubs on the school field at the bottom of the garden.
Pity about the fence but it can't be helped.

PSX_20200620_214515.jpg

PSX_20200620_214734.jpg

Not a lot you can do about the fence, but you've caught a great pose and expression on the fox.

First image I won't mention cutting his ears off :D

Nice expression, well caught Clive.

Nice Foxy shot :)

Both lovely images but it has to be number 1 for me, a lovely intense/inquisitive look on the fox's face. the fence doesn't detract in number 1 for me at all as there is plenty else to keep me looking 'through' it. great job and lovely subject. (you could maybe try some masking and lightening to try and remove the fence in number 1(?)

That's such a cute expression and the fence is hardly noticeable in #1. Nicely captured.

Hi Clive,
Small - A fun shot, and the choice of portrait really does emphasise that mini you is small
Snappers Choice - The fence doesn't really intrude in the first shot, I think it works nicely and great to get the eye contact.

Great corn shot - made me smile!

Lovely first shot of the cub - you wouldn't notice the fence in that unless it's pointed out. Lovely shot.

Small: A great idea and nicely executed. I like the PoV.
Snapper's Choice: The first is especially good and I'm very envious as I've not seen a Fox for years now.

Not a lot you can do about the fence, but you've caught a great pose and expression on the fox.
Thank you Dominic.

Lovely to have captured him looking at you, and so close - you can eve see the grass seeds on his head!
Thank you Bebop, he is getting a little bit bolder now and doesn't run away when I sit near him to take photos (with the fence between us).

First image I won't mention cutting his ears off :D

Nice expression, well caught Clive.
You mentioned the ears! He caught me out by getting so close.

Nice Foxy shot :)
Thank you Dave.

Both lovely images but it has to be number 1 for me, a lovely intense/inquisitive look on the fox's face. the fence doesn't detract in number 1 for me at all as there is plenty else to keep me looking 'through' it. great job and lovely subject. (you could maybe try some masking and lightening to try and remove the fence in number 1(?)
He gave me that look as I sat there talking to him.

That's such a cute expression and the fence is hardly noticeable in #1. Nicely captured.
Thank you Helen

Hi Clive,
Small - A fun shot, and the choice of portrait really does emphasise that mini you is small
Snappers Choice - The fence doesn't really intrude in the first shot, I think it works nicely and great to get the eye contact.
Thank you Tim, it is one very inquisitive fox, the rest of the cubs disappear as soon as I go in the garden, but he just sits and watches me.

Great corn shot - made me smile!

Lovely first shot of the cub - you wouldn't notice the fence in that unless it's pointed out. Lovely shot.
Thank you Shugpug, 2 shots I enjoyed taking.

lovely animals must be a pleasure to see them
Hi Allan it's really nice seeing them, 5 cubs and 3 adults, although I have been told there are 8 cubs.

Small: A great idea and nicely executed. I like the PoV.
Snapper's Choice: The first is especially good and I'm very envious as I've not seen a Fox for years now.
Thank you Pete, in these days of social distancing they have bought us a lot of pleasure.

Cute little fox.
Thank you Phil.

Week 26 Mother Nature

The half way mark

A collage of pictures taken since Thursday.
Buzzard, Song Thrush, unknown Butterfly ......any ideas? Fox cub,
Fox cub, Pigeon feather macro,
Unknown moth or butterfly , Gatekeeper, Fox cub
Please let me know if you can identify the mysteries thanks
1593260330136.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Collage Clive (y)

Best guess #3 Although its not that well marked, its likely a Marbled white. Melanargia galathea
#7 is a moth not a flutterby and likely to be a yellow Shell - Camptogramma bilineata

Nice collage with some nice pictures!
Thank you Shugpug.

Nice Collage Clive (y)

Best guess #3 Although its not that well marked, its likely a Marbled white. Melanargia galathea
#7 is a moth not a flutterby and likely to be a yellow Shell - Camptogramma bilineata
Thank you Chris the white one was quite small, slightly smaller than the moth.

Thank you Chris the white one was quite small, slightly smaller than the moth.
No worries Clive.
Marbled whites tend to have more black on them, but I can't think of anything else like that.

Great idea to do a collage. I have just bought a book about day flying moths and was excited to use it for the first time to ID your moths.... ahem... no luck yet. I think the white one is a moth too, but maybe it flies at night as I can't find it in my book :ROFLMAO:

Also I think your Gatekeeper is a Meadow Brown as I can only see one spot.

Edit: Just had a look and I think that white one is a Clouded Border https://butterfly-conservation.org/moths/clouded-border
The other moth looks like a Yellow Shell to me but I'm very much a novice at moth ID https://butterfly-conservation.org/moths/yellow-shell

Last edited:
The fox looks rather friendly and I love foxes! Good idea to do a collage.

Back