Clives 52 in 2020

Great idea to do a collage. I have just bought a book about day flying moths and was excited to use it for the first time to ID your moths.... ahem... no luck yet. I think the white one is a moth too, but maybe it flies at night as I can't find it in my book :ROFLMAO:

Also I think your Gatekeeper is a Meadow Brown as I can only see one spot.

Edit: Just had a look and I think that white one is a Clouded Border https://butterfly-conservation.org/moths/clouded-border
The other moth looks like a Yellow Shell to me but I'm very much a novice at moth ID https://butterfly-conservation.org/moths/yellow-shell
Thank you Bebop, I have learnt much more about local wildlife but still no very little about butterflies and moths, and small brown birds.

Last edited:
The fox looks rather friendly and I love foxes! Good idea to do a collage.
That one cub in particular is friendly, possibly too friendly, he does not run off like his siblings when we go into our garden, he is on the school field behind a fence though. I took these holding the camera over the fence, thank God for articulating screens.
I came home about 9 on Friday evening, as I was getting stuff in from my car I found him sitting on my back door step and had to shoo him away, he then sat in the field staring at me through the fence!

Small: Nice fun take on the theme I like it.

Snappers Choice: No 1 for me great expression on little foxys face.

Mother Nature: Great idea and nicely executed.

Nice set of shots there Clive. Not my forte, but I can appreciate they are well taken.
Can I ask what software you used for the framing (I know that sounds odd, but...)
Thank you Tim, I used a collage creator from the Google play store called Picture Collage - photo editor by Astralwire, it's ok but not very adaptable, only downloaded it for these pictures.

Nice collection from yourself and mother nature. The fox cub seems to be getting more friendly every week :)

What a terrific set of oics Clive. Great to be able to see all of those in that space of time and some species we just don't get around our neck of the woods.

Nice collection from yourself and mother nature. The fox cub seems to be getting more friendly every week :)
Thank you Helen, one cub in particular doesn't run away any more, so can go and snap him, I just wish the fence wasn't there.

What a terrific set of oics Clive. Great to be able to see all of those in that space of time and some species we just don't get around our neck of the woods.
It's been very nice, we have hedgehogs visit too, a Muntjac deer a few weeks back and we have seen about 50 bird species while out walking.

Really good idea to include such different shots taken over a few days

Week 27 Signs
A couple of shots, the first is the Felpham village sign just down the road from home.
PSX_20200709_165346.jpg

The second is ...well it's just a sign, a sign and a good sign by anybody's standards!

PSX_20200709_172248.jpg

Last edited:
I do love those old quaint village signs, I see a lot on my travels around the shire of the Nor' folks
Nicely taken Clive.

It's no 1 for me too, really good colours and plenty of interest there.

I like the village sign with lots of effort clearly made in it.

Yep - village sign for me too :)

That's a nice shot of the village sign and it led me to take a pleasureable virtual trip round the town.

That's a lovely village sign - some rather naive illustrations.

Two nice sign images Clive, my pick would be the #1 shot.
Thanks Dave

I do love those old quaint village signs, I see a lot on my travels around the shire of the Nor' folks
Nicely taken Clive.
Thanks Chris

It's no 1 for me too, really good colours and plenty of interest there.
Thanks jim
I like the village sign with lots of effort clearly made in it.
Thanks Graham
Yep - village sign for me too :)
Thanks Dave
That's a nice shot of the village sign and it led me to take a pleasureable virtual trip round the town.
Thanks Pete, was that the 15minute video on YouTube?

That's a lovely village sign - some rather naive illustrations.
Thanks Helen, the pictures suit a seaside town I think, a bit of a change from the historical ones.

Village sign for me Clive
Thanks Mark

First one for me too not sure I understand the sandal shot
From the "Life of Clive" I imagine? Lots of good stuff throughout your thread!!
Good signs of summer (I'm guessing..?) in that second shot, but #1 for me too - very nice illustrations in that shot.
Hi all, thank you for your comments, as Bob correctly spotted it is a sign from The life of Brian,
View: https://youtu.be/Ka9mfZbTFbk

To see the bit of film, see the link above, I highly recommend the whole film!

Last edited:
Nicely locked.

It's good that you've managed to keep the detail in the shiny surface.

Great detail. I wonder why the central part suffers more rust? Could it be due to a different metal or because it's protruding?

Nice detailed close up Clive

Nicely locked.
It's good that you've managed to keep the detail in the shiny surface.
Good texture and plenty of detail, yet strong oof background.
Nice bit of rust to add to the textures of the lock and chain.
Great detail. I wonder why the central part suffers more rust? Could it be due to a different metal or because it's protruding?
Nice detailed close up Clive

Thank you everyone

Back