weekly Clives 52 in 2021

I like them both Clive. Both are colourful and fit the theme well. I just favour the landscape one though as I like the reflection of the sky in the water.

2 nice and 'fitting' images for the theme but I think you chose the right one for the main thread. The second one has a lovely quality of light, you can just tell that it's winter sunshine with those long shadows and colours.

I've got nothing against red trousers, but I think a crop would make a stronger image.

I'm liking the contrast of the wellies and trousers in your dirty shot.

The stone shot - looks like a stone fish in the foreground, as in fish made of stone not a stonefish. I like the leading lines taking us out to the marker or whatever it's called. Looks like a lovely calm day.

I'm too slow. I saw the fish as well. These rocks look like they have been cut, then I looked up groyne, so yes, these rocks have been cut although I expect the 'fish' is a happy accident. Certainly very 'stoney'.

Nice seascape Clive

I like that the sky gives a nice balance to the image and the dog walker gives a sense of scale :)

Nice image and I'm glad you included the walker. Have you tried it in B&W?

I like the lone footprint too. Well spotted. For me, it could be a little more prominent in the frame, maybe with a lower and closer pov. All those tide marks/water marks/whatever they are are distracting from the print. Really like the contrasting browns vs the blues of the sky too.

Some lovely seascapes Clive. I agree with Ian, the beach footprint could be a little less busy to highlight the textures in the sand.

Nice patterns in the footprint image Clive.
it makes you wonder why someone would hop along wet sand though :D

really nice image for snappers choice, great leading lines in the sand, the footprint works and the sky is very nice indeed.

Tall and Snappers Choice.

You have been having bright skies in Bogner, really adds to the photos.
Cropping a bit out of the bottom shows the boot print off better.

Pete

Yep - that works a treat!

Rocks
Good pov.

Tall
You've done well to include the figure, they give a good sense of scale. The sky is nicely caught in the reflection on the wet sand.

Snappers choice
Another good seascape. I like the patterns in the sand and again the sky reflected in the wet sand.

Nice catch-up Clive.

Rocks: I like the detail in the sky and your pov.
Tall. Nice contrasty lighting and the people give a good scale to the structure.
Snapper's: Nice lighting again brings out the details.

Slightly behind on the comments...

The leading lines for your stones work very nicely.

All tall is relative - and that's a fabulous sky and background.

And I like the lone footprint too in your Snapper's Choice!

Three nice images.

... seem to have missed the rocks and the pier. Two good seascapes both with a strong FG. (y)

Rock/Stone
I've never heard the word groyne, so that's a new word for my vocabulary. Did you try it as a mono, looks like it has a decent tonal range to support it

Tall
The scale of the person to the pier does give you an idea of the size, I must admit before reaching the comment I though it was a triangular sign on a post, not a dog walker

Snappers Choice
The mud looks almost like plastic which is a bit strange, would have been ideal if you had got the mystery one legged person to have stepped in the direction of the sun :D

Back