weekly Clives 52 in 2021

#1 is a beaut, very nicely framed with up- and down-ward pointing grass.

I like no. 1 best because it is so unusual with all the reed reflections pointing to the emerging sun.

Fabulous colours in the Mandarin picture. The blue of the water really contrasts well against the duck's colours. Nice catchlight in the eye too.

The colours of the duck are fantastic but for interest I think you've gone for the right shot.

Reflection
That first one is really interesting. Maybe a book cover.

Like the first shot -- and the second -- but the first one is somewhat ethereal as if, if you panned upwards, there would be a dark figure on the other side of a lake. Sorry, sometimes my imagination gets away from me.

Very nice choice you made, very strong.
Thanks Paul

Yep. Agree with Paul. That 1st shot is great. Lovely colour and the reeds frame it nicely.
Thank you Ian

Some lovely images there, but I think you chose the strongest for the main thread - really nice
Thank you Jim

Great first image
Thank you Nick

I agree the first one is the strongest image
Thank you Allan

Agree with all the above comments. First one is the best image for me.

I love the way it messes with your (my) head as the reeds in the foreground are upright, but the reflections in the background are upside down. It's like a reed mobius strip.

Also love the colours in the Mandarin.
Thanks Kell

Lovely bright images, I've only just seen the sun in 10 days past here, I too think the you chose the right one for the front page.
Thank you Chris.

Good choice, for some reason in my head it looked like a night shot with the moon reflecting.
Thanks Steve, same for me, but taken on a bright sunny day.

A really nice sky reflected in the water, The Mandarin duck is a cracker of a shot.
Good reflections in the 3rd one as well Pete
Thank you Pete.

Nice set of pix. Duckie does it :)
Thank you Dave nice duck.

#1 is a beaut, very nicely framed with up- and down-ward pointing grass.
Thank you d00d.

I like no. 1 best because it is so unusual with all the reed reflections pointing to the emerging sun.
Fabulous colours in the Mandarin picture. The blue of the water really contrasts well against the duck's colours. Nice catchlight in the eye too.
Thank you Bebop

The colours of the duck are fantastic but for interest I think you've gone for the right shot.
Thank you Helen

Reflection
That first one is really interesting. Maybe a book cover.
Thank you Dominic. That's what my wife said!

All nice shots Clive, but the 1st is a cracking shot indeed, love that it actually looks quite ghostly.
Thank you Dave

Like the first shot -- and the second -- but the first one is somewhat ethereal as if, if you panned upwards, there would be a dark figure on the other side of a lake. Sorry, sometimes my imagination gets away from me.
Thank you Martin

Week 10 Rough

Three close ups of different sand papers, not completely happy with them but I like the effect caused by the cheap macro filters l used, almost like an iris.

PSX_20210315_194955.jpgPSX_20210315_194511.jpgPSX_20210315_194809.jpg

I'm glad you said what it was, I'd never have guessed.
they are slightly surreal #3 for me.

They are odd, I find them hard to look at!
Me too! But I think they're great.

I wonder why you're not sure you're happy with them? I think all three could be presented as a great panoramic tryptich. Do 3 canvasses and hang them on the wall a couple of inches apart, and people will feel like they've walked into Andy Warhol's house!

I wonder why you're not sure you're happy with them? I think all three could be presented as a great panoramic tryptich. Do 3 canvasses and hang them on the wall a couple of inches apart, and people will feel like they've walked into Andy Warhol's house!
Andy Warhols house or mind?

They are odd, I find them hard to look at!

i'd have to agree, but they are very interesting

Ah, a trio of trypophobics perhaps.

I wouldn't have guessed what the pictures were of.

ERK!

Glad I looked at these sober or a may have fallen off me chair!

Nicely done :)

They send my eyes funny :) I thought it was tarmac close up. The first definitely looks more like sand. On theme... and you might have made us all feel rough ha ha!!

I might need to go and lie down now :LOL:

We're getting into Hawkwind album cover territory here!

#3 works best for me. It's a cool, trippy graphic, and I like the way the colour becomes more prominent towards the edges of the frame.

Don't scroll down while you're viewing!! They are cool shots... if, as said, a bit difficult to look at.

Rough
A good abstractly set of shots. I like the weird effect the filters have given them.

A really cool picture and difficult to look at too! I thought I had better stop drinking when I first saw them :ROFLMAO:

Thanks Ian

I like them, especially #3
Thank you Paul

i'd have to agree, but they are very interesting
Thanks Jim

Ah, a trio of trypophobics perhaps.
I wouldn't have guessed what the pictures were of.
Thanks Martin

ERK!
Glad I looked at these sober or a may have fallen off me chair!
Nicely done :)
Thank you Dave

Ooooh they look like migraine inducing photos :) they’re really well done though, you’ve certainly created a stunning effect.,
Thank you Susie, I still don't like looking at them for too long.

Chocolate for me. :)
Thank you David

They send my eyes funny :) I thought it was tarmac close up. The first definitely looks more like sand. On theme... and you might have made us all feel rough ha ha!!
I might need to go and lie down now :LOL:
Thank you Bebop

We're getting into Hawkwind album cover territory here!
#3 works best for me. It's a cool, trippy graphic, and I like the way the colour becomes more prominent towards the edges of the frame.
Thanks Nick

Don't scroll down while you're viewing!! They are cool shots... if, as said, a bit difficult to look at.
Thank you Helen

Rough
A good abstractly set of shots. I like the weird effect the filters have given them.
Thank you Dominic

A really cool picture and difficult to look at too! I thought I had better stop drinking when I first saw them :ROFLMAO:
Thank you Simon

Lovely coloured stones and definitely fit the theme. I do find the level of detail in the coral slightly distracting from the stones.

Nice stone, agree backgound coral is interesting but distractind

Nice pebble - agree with the coral.

The contrasting textures certainly emphasise the smoothness of the polished pebble

really nice pebbles and colours, and definitely right for the theme. Nice job.

Very nice smooth stones. Love their colours.

Travel? Yes I remember those days...
Thank you Bebop

Lovely coloured stones and definitely fit the theme. I do find the level of detail in the coral slightly distracting from the stones.
Thank you Helen

Nice stone, agree backgound coral is interesting but distractind
Thank you Nick

Nice pebble - agree with the coral.
Thank you Dave

Yep nice contrast in smoothness.
Thank you David

Gorgeous colours in those stones Clive, I like the contrast with the coral and the rock.
Thank you Susie

The contrasting textures certainly emphasise the smoothness of the polished pebble
Thanks Paul

really nice pebbles and colours, and definitely right for the theme. Nice job.
Thank you Jim

They are lovely colourful stones Clive, got to be the first shot for me as a good angle you placed it at and good lighting.
Thank you Dave.

That's a cracking picture of the bumble, it fits almost completely within the depth of field.

Great image and wonderful to see. We'd also be in a pretty poor state without the bees, so Alive is very fitting I think. Love how the bee's colouration matches the blossom. Fantastic image Clive.

Those images for Rough are really interesting. Almost look like a shot through a microscope of something. I agree with others though - I can't look at them for long for some reason!
Smooth is a nice set. I too like the contrast in textures.
Brilliant image of the Bee. Great colour and detail.

A nice close up of a Bee doing what bee's do Clive

Back