weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

I have done a few themes before only some other fora in the past. hoping this keeps me in the groove.

Hello Clive...I prefer the PoV of the second image of the three that you posted, but there's something about the angle that isn't quite right unfortunately. So I'm going for the first one even though the top left takes a little away from it - love the detail in the shot. A really good image for the theme.

Cheers,
David

Hi Clive

55 year old male ... never have guessed it from your avatar. :exit:

Old ... harsh light, poor BG, but happy smilie old chap. (y)

Metal ... simple, but top stuff for the theme. I was idly looking for something similar myself over the weekend.
(but personally, I think the subsequent three variations add nothing ... they're probably better left unseen).

.. looking forward to more. (y)

Like the first photo! The second photo for metal has a perfect DOF and for the theme

Good luck,
Oscar

I did smile at the Lego jail :D
And the tombstone is great interpretation Clive (y)

All three images fit the theme well and I love creative shoots with Lego and stuff, the reference to Fulsom jail also amused. However, as a set of images they seem a little unconnected and I think I would have chosen my favorite rather than try putting them together.

Loving the lego! Focus on the lovebirds looks a little soft and I think that possibly the light wasn't very kind to you. Yes, whoever' under that gravestone is definitely a permanent captive! :clap:

Hi, not a fan of Lego pics sorry, but all three pics do fit the theme, the focus looks a tad soft on the birds but if I had to choose one it would be the grave

I love the budgies ... are they real? They look cartoon-like. (y)

Hello and welcome to the challenge.

Old - great image and fits the theme nicely.

Metal - another good choice of image to fit the theme perfectly, nice sharp and plenty of detail.

Captive - nice choice for the theme, think the second image is my fav.

Last edited:
Hi CLive like your choice of sot for the theme, the lego is cool.

Hi Clive. All tree are good but my preference is for the lovebirds - such nice light washing over them. Excellently done.

I think my preference is for the grave image too. Although all three address the them, I think this is the most interesting and creative interpretation.

If crit is welcomed, then I would suggest you think about experimenting with composition a bit more; all three of these are shot fairly square on and might have benefitted from a different perspective or control of dof.

If crit is not welcomed, tell me to mog off!

All the best for your next 50

Spooks

nice group of pictures all on theme I think I like the birds best

A good start to your 52 challenge

Old: Lovely shot but maybe a shallow depth of field would have helped separate the subject from the background

Metal: I love your original take on the theme the depth of field really makes the subject stand out from the background

Captive: I love this 3 great images with very different takes on the theme

Some set - lovely landscape. Well themed.

Attachments

• clap[1].gif
    clap[1].gif
    607 bytes · Views: 3
Hi Clive, off to a good start. Good interpretations of all the themes, had to smile at Captive, especially the grave. Very clever. As to miniature, I think getting in closer would work well, either focusing on the train coming out of the tunnel or maybe the houses at the top of the mountain :) (y)

On theme Clive, maybe a touch tighter crop would of helped. Like it though

Definitely a tighter crop needed for me, but then most people have done just that (myself included) so well done for trying to be different.

miniature - good take on theme but its a shame about the wall, I think more landscape would have worked if there was less blank wall or a tighter crop as others have suggested

Back