weekly Clives TP 52 Week 52: Celebrate

Catching up with comments all on theme nice idea for camouflage Good work

Hi Clive :)

Abandoned - Nice sunken boat, personally would prefer a bit off the top of the frame as neither here or there for me... but a nice find and perfect for the theme :)

Camouflaged - Well that is an odd one, nicely done and with the branches looking a bit like outstretched arms !!!

Hi Clive,
Not one of your best I'm afraid.
A couple of issues for me.
1. The sign isn't readable (at least not at the size of the posted image).
2. You appear to have uncorrected barrel distortion in the pylon legs, though as you have perspective too, it might be very hard to correct.
Well done for not letting the brighter sky cause put the pylon in shadow though :)

That looks pretty Dangerous to me Clive - I like the POV - makes the pylon seem even more imposing.

Thanks for your comments, The view was dificult mostly because to get all the pylon in view and to be able to see the sign I used my 9mm lens cap lens, The idea was to have the pylon looming over me. picture size is small, for some reason I couldn't upload full size image. Try the one on my flickr

Liking the looming over you feel but I don't suppose there's a way to fix that distortion? The subdued colour works.

Dangerous for sure and I appreciate the engineering gone into but man is it ugly! Would like the danger of death sign to be more in focus to but full marks for getting the whole pylon into the frame

Hiya Clive, Dangerous - fits the theme well. I would crop the bottom off so there is just the pylon. I think it would make a stronger image by making more of the angle you chose

Hi Clive

Camouflage - an interesting take and well used shoppery... well done! I am distracted by the blown side of the tree - I think the main image of the tree would be a lot stronger if you'd shot it in less harsh light? I do like the post processing though.
Dangerous works for me - the angle and strange distortion makes it look unnatural, which I guess high voltage electricity is! Sounds like you have an interesting lens! Surely DOF would be huge with such a short focal length - can't you just set it to the hyperfocal distance (google that if you don't know about it) and fire & forget?!

Looking forward to this week's...

I like the POV and the composition with the smaller pylon but to me it looks like the horizon is slightly off straight - which i find a little distracting.

Danger - Like the POV and don't think the sign is important the Pylon says it all.

Fontwell Races February 28th, I am sure if it had known all my money was on it, it would have gone a little faster!
I only ever gambled once, I "backed" a horse at 10/2 it came in at half 3
:coat:

Topical - definitely on theme and happy birthday :)

Living world - nice capture, good focus on the eye :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Clive. Nice image of the horse ... like the catch light in the eye. Well done on the mini catch-up. :)

Love the eye contact! - It's topical too. You wont be allowed to take your "professional" camera to the races much longer I hear!

Hi Clive.
Topical - It works for the theme. You've got a bit of light fall off top right. Was that uncorrected vignette followed by a crop, or just the lighting you had?
Living world - Nice shot. I'd like to be able to zoom in closer as I'm not 100% the focus is on the eye (looks like the top of the ear) but that could just be me and my dodgy eye sight.

Hi Clive.
Topical - It works for the theme. You've got a bit of light fall off top right. Was that uncorrected vignette followed by a crop, or just the lighting you had?
Living world - Nice shot. I'd like to be able to zoom in closer as I'm not 100% the focus is on the eye (looks like the top of the ear) but that could just be me and my dodgy eye sight.

Just the lighting, and the horse, your right.

Nice sharp focus and DoF Clive ... and most definitely Spikey.

Back