weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

Hi Chris (you have a name :)) ...your thread just wouldn't be the same without your crowbars :p

Your Cheetah looks magnificent sitting in the autumn sunlight, and the wolverine ...is a real wow one ...that look....now that is scary....definitely not one for the kids bedroom wall !

Hi Chris (you have a name :)) ..
Hi Susie, its never been a secret .... honest :D

.your thread just wouldn't be the same without your crowbars :p
Yeah that's what I thought :D

Your Cheetah looks magnificent sitting in the autumn sunlight, and the wolverine ...is a real wow one ...that look....now that is scary....definitely not one for the kids bedroom wall !
LOL You haven't seen my sons bedroom............. typical teenager's bomb site .............. (Although he's mid 20's :D )

Thanks for dropping by and commenting (y)

Last edited:
Time for another I think :D

Spike can be a bit "full on" at times

spike-3-jpg.49966

But he did oblige with a full gob shot, so I'm grateful for that at least :D
(And not a Dentist in sight :D )

spike2-jpg.49967

Ha ha - a defining moment ... or more precisely a redefining moment as far as "shoehorn" is concerned .... and possibly crowbar too. Great gob shot - hopefully the closest I will ever get to looking down the throat of a lion. Such power - nicely taken.:clap:

He's a naughty boy that Spike, definitely a full on gob shot can't grumble with that (y)

Hahahahahah, he definitely was 'full on' and he defnitely has a full set of teeth so a great let down of the shoehorn variety. Must try harder :bat:or Madam will be called :LOL:

Hi Mr Cobra,

Elephant / Element: What? No big cats??:D I guess the Fire water is just about on theme (y)
Seasonal: Lovely light on the Cheetah shot but the Wolverine has it for me. Spot on.
Full: Ah, the big cat gob shot is back :banana: A very Full set of pointy teeth to boot.

Really love your wolverine shot - very scary! Two smashing shots of Spike for Full - your interpretation of "full on" made me laugh :p

What can I say?
Well outta my depth with this one .....

Habit2.jpg

However, so as not to pass up the opportunity to shoe horn,
Dirty habit! :D

IMG_5988.jpg

Last edited:
FFS, new keyboard needed :)

#1, well composed, nice subtle lighting and the hod works well. Not sure about injecting washing up liquid, though ;)

#2, no comment :)

Cheers.

I thought we'd have more images like #1 by now. B&W is defo the right processing for that kind of shot, in keeping with the gritty feel.
I appreciate your comments Tim (y)
TBH I really struggle with that type of image, I guess I should try more though.

#2 Thank God that's not a gob shot !
Do you honestly think I'd have walked away without getting one? :D

Mandrill.jpg

Pleasantly surprised with your entry this week, well that was my first thought from the 'photo's only thread' yet coming here... the second image is soooo more you :LOL:

I'm liking your fist shot, a nice gritty image and a nice take on the theme (y)

The second shot, well, over exposed but not in a light level way, and so glad your self portrait was not similar :D

#1 is a gritty b&w which as @LC2 says, suits the subject perfectly but ...... dare I say, I prefer #2 because it's fun, it's natural and the colours are fabulous. Besides, it keeps up your shoehorn strike-rate which I would suggest is a Habit in itself ! :exit:

I prefer #2 because it's fun, it's natural and the colours are fabulous. Besides, it keeps up your shoehorn strike-rate which I would suggest is a Habit in itself ! :exit:
Fair point well presented. :D

Thanks for dropping by,and commenting, Carl, its appreciated (y)

Hi, you maybe out of your comfort zone but that works really well, that fairy liquid is really addictive, so i'm led to believe :clap:

the second one........enough said certainly a habit :ROFLMAO:

Hi, you maybe out of your comfort zone but that works really well, that fairy liquid is really addictive, so i'm led to believe :clap:
Cheers Allan (y)
Actually its water with a touch of Photoshoppery to highlight the chemical :D

the second one........enough said certainly a habit :ROFLMAO:
:D

I think it's brilliant using a single subject for so many different themes :clap:
Thanks Carl, (y) But it just goes to prove I have a warped mind :D

:eek: I 'm shocked ...you've done a 'proper' submission :).....
Thanks Susie :)

..... and that second one :runaway:
:whistle:

Sorry I forgot to say ....I agree with the other coments, good gritty image for #1 spot on with the black and white.
LOL Thanks Susie (y)

Yo Hissy ... lots of lovely
49881-31e7c5f923f8a2c49b30e6c612ccc6cb.jpg
since my last look. (y)

The wolverine shot is incredible.

The hoody with the needle seems to be "on theme":thinking: ... nice job, as the others have said, good comp, lighting and colour. Is that watered down Fairy? It looks suitably nasty.

2 selfies, very brave. [emoji2]

One of the few times when selective colour really works, bringing attention to the theme. Horrible narrative, but I suppose that's the point.

Week 47 ( well and truly covered :D .)
No shoe required, this is Donut my female Gyr x Saker,
she recently finished with the moult, so she is covered in new feathers.
A wise falconer keeps his fist covered with a leather glove, to protect from those needle like talons.
As an aside, although its not obvious here, my son is pretty much covered in tattoo's.
Job done :D

D3.jpg

Last edited:
Back