weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Smooth like the idea, nothing wrong with mopeds makes a change from Harleys and they are often faster! Agree with the others about the cropping.

Mineral. I like the first shot because it is so different, the lighting's good, and gears work for me.

Yeah, #2 for me. Wonderful textures and muted colours. My eye was drawn to the OOF bit's, though.

Minor point and I do like garlic :)

Cheers.
Love that garlic d00d ...a really eye catching photo, loads of texture, colour, and ....ummmm .....garlic :D

Not so sure about those nuts in the sand :thinking:
Thanks guys (y)

Roger Roger ... I aim to play some more on that stretch of road in Hyde Park. And those little cogs are cute, they came out of an electric screwdriver, I may use them again.

They both work for me. #1 Nice and simple, #2 makes me think and when I've thought i get it.

I like the cogs in #1 but not sure it works with the sand but looks like they would be interesting in a macro shot.

The 2nd one works well, good colours and details and I like the way they fill the frame.

I like the sand photo because that's the only one on theme. Not totally sure about the composition though...

a stacking ashtray I stole from a restaurant about 20 years ago, shot on a wholesome rug which I kind of defocused in PP to add emphasis the nuts/seeds.

Week 6 ~ Wholesome
luDhh4rVlAJxg8beRNZIztKazKli_hlEIsqjasBV3-Moy3mZf87b3S4X5dUu3Ds7jTqgbMzjYkfl4xMVfxbg49XmYk0UurH_k5Vs1_-_hxW-m64rMvpCRwtXVk_Vc9eGpZ7-cl0rqe9-NjRtHtH_nEI3wSqf7UPg_MEzJ6qR-AEKYSHtNXYBYaxcwdSvvdgy25nDmbz1DW0LskoQ9eUGWLjbaNo_QXENuqq5YkTXC9K_4gf_yKpb__cLrzSnGnvnRcAUAXJ76kFOXLtr-WmO0kX4nximDdHYzZBcBtKH9IJFr1vZI7eVvT-gRfoiT-pAwcDVEEkky1x7KzsQO4eGtTdYjYac9CzsAM5abggyQgba6dV4P9ItLPgSsZDjQZxFiuO7U6uw0mBb01cE1F-m--BooNKqvRRiiPTI9IA0GVWGYoK9kZTXcAKAFZU42ORI0SVqKNqvyoFPDiJxEOGVdO7cnfZMah7-4jrLvY7cMXMEzUaa7eJxtUwkc-EXGxLB5rrch-5ooNnyZSc__OMutJbOpn-sYGv6TvBkSt2A7vkwzY2g6imeJ8SqRd3-_gI2BUUTXvAHWo3xxs3GQZ8TWLr5-orWmnv585SFJr22RcS-UX1SqqTo=w1299-h917-no

Hi David finally getting round to commenting photos

Song - Very nice find really like the collection of shoes awaiting repair some nice details not overly keen in the tiled wall but there is nothing you could do about that!

Order - Love the B&W version has a really with the misty conditions in the background it adds a real sense of calm to the image

Comfort - I like your thinking for No1 although it doesn't look too comfortable! Nice bit of street photography for No 2the 2 people walking towards (?) the hotel with there suitcases helps tell a story.

Hairy - Nice take on the theme nice point of view helping to display the 'hairness' of the grasses

Smooth - nicely put together and processed

Mineral - 2 really good images there I think I'm leaning towards No 2 for the colours and textures.

Whole - I quite like the subdued nature of this love the textures in the nuts

A slightly unwholesome acquisition gives birth to a very Wholesome repast. Yes, very well thought through David and lovely colour and detail as usual. Like it a lot.

Smoking isn't allowed anymore in restaurants anyway, so they'll hardly miss it. Great details in the nuts and seeds and muted colours work well here.

Ah yes a 52'ers meet, a load of nuts :D

Nicely presented and nicely taken David

Nice nuts (dayum that sounds so wrong ;)) ... Nicely lit ant shot. Can`t help thinking of a square crop though.

Hi David finally getting round to commenting photos

Song - Very nice find really like the collection of shoes awaiting repair some nice details not overly keen in the tiled wall but there is nothing you could do about that!

Order - Love the B&W version has a really with the misty conditions in the background it adds a real sense of calm to the image

Comfort - I like your thinking for No1 although it doesn't look too comfortable! Nice bit of street photography for No 2the 2 people walking towards (?) the hotel with there suitcases helps tell a story.

Hairy - Nice take on the theme nice point of view helping to display the 'hairness' of the grasses

Smooth - nicely put together and processed

Mineral - 2 really good images there I think I'm leaning towards No 2 for the colours and textures.

Whole - I quite like the subdued nature of this love the textures in the nuts

Hi there Mark ... so pleased to see you back in business. (y)

... commenting furiously on everything, I don't know how you do it but thank you. Subdued ... yes i suppose it is.

A slightly unwholesome acquisition gives birth to a very Wholesome repast. Yes, very well thought through David and lovely colour and detail as usual. Like it a lot.
:D ... thanks mate.
Smoking isn't allowed anymore in restaurants anyway, so they'll hardly miss it. Great details in the nuts and seeds and muted colours work well here.
Yes exactly and I collected quite a few in those days ... throwaway ...
Great overhead shot of the whole nuts, nice clear and sharp :)
(y)
Ah yes a 52'ers meet, a load of nuts :D

Nicely presented and nicely taken David
(y)
Nice nuts (dayum that sounds so wrong ;)) ... Nicely lit ant shot. Can`t help thinking of a square crop though.
thanks Paul ... I struggle with size/dimensions. Square crops and portrait always come out too big ... letterboxy, I've grown to like.

I could eat my own weight of Brazil nuts :)

Great POV, not keen on the processing to the rug, looks like it's floating.

Cheers.
Fair comment .... liberal use of the dream tool ... hahah

That's a little more roughage than anyone needs :D nicely put together. (y)

Week 7 ~ Structure ... Eduardo Paolozzi's mosaics at Tottenham Court Road

hqDxxWrM0S_G-CVcaTuvvYhf1ac-ShkICi4i7itfO7IHgaN7s3ZQa2UPd3DWZNXcPd4ri0YN2zG2L9FJ86BsvoXMms8-7DXZWBkzpK2ZDBqouObnNwtYSh_a8JcaLG6QZ2LECRC9X97L3uj3jb97t8-1ZNsysSQ6UGUnjDpZYG3qylAGyjLUemLsOiyQqBNhmCGUwW5waWu3uOv7XhRqoHBS329o4QOIBvo5ySlYNjgcPYFyvTF96hkYCeSrxHrZRA8uP1OjqSfpAAZCx3ER9m1aGmG_k_2rhztqgXMcC7bxxQbCErhZjbYsTLIjtaw4z-WmTp4DGx9j77ZsVpHg5T_vlQthdAEjhcMF4z0O0loX7wFqJJCiaD6TTyzzRZGtOB4tOd5HThPbvyfiBz_UwzBOo_NYDq1mIPyZ89Vd0QxGiOHoLh3oT1CAo5biO9246bPkTwfu0uZaRpNdXPrF-XiQNwwS9VYace5yitplusLNzffFe_7AL940bkAM3sMwPa8ykmN_nILXE1cuYO6mkMPYcYqrNUIlXAPnMEoXnjem45kFo2UTL6XRnC3BCOwvO_OpNp5lcjTegdb8gT2Alt2Q7rli_OOVUNPpbYI0SZb37KU59mDV=w906-h784-no

PjaTtMyKwrLZCg-8biOcDtxG_psPmBFoDXoJYvVJ9AFt21AMtT7HFeX8WkyPUSn6nvAxL59aQEuDw0GUqpldJ2LDNXWcDuz_2yRVO-7f2xojg3lcYFpH7mdQzbeqbdNtv-WPDntTNEAFgJZDydKKacgwX8X0y-U6WnzBgOS9Z0T1PZmsss0L6-BanBdmXSpowxnFUdaoZ3XPUEIWWe9JkYRX0xTmW35LuvAuAgkAABnF9menlK10qAgL246jyI2t193F3YogjhAkm10sMA-9ubkHySKbYnA_EVNJn725mBbmXb9iz6FMMV3P-gXg-k12nLoQ0CxXrfXuXgrrwOG2s1WmiubPQrncmaefzuUb4yVKfzI3EPwlpDeJG4_rfJwkr-XoRWFVhJD6RFVwHeXF6TKFVI6ULKbetCe4z_sxeFE34b9gN6HiRZuUKscQi_K8LV0NiEA_VAqarXd-Unn8796p_g58iY2YoSdbRjZIGhQTNUHxiyGLR9a9cI8IDxBtLVjW-BPjvFBJNG5gNEtsGj8_uEGOa-wfWRKvN9ObPd7XWfrb5d25LLi3X-zEaRWhXGeACfvngxnGMtNpfmtZWUfRdxoYDrtLe07cvVWCt22liVBzYW5e=w1425-h917-no

Last edited:
Very interesting but the two ladies in the photo look very stressed. I don't know what that place is.

Thanks ... I think the redhead is hiding from the photographer.

Harsh light ...

Interesting choice for the theme. I prefer the second shot David - a lot more detail of the artwork in evidence and more movement blur.

I would have liked more blur on the people to eliminate them a bit more, they kind of distract from the art work, if you see what I mean

Whole - fits the theme, I do like your selection of nuts, looks very wholesome indeed. I am not that keen on the background if i am honest.

Structure - I like what you were trying to achieve with these images, but I got to admit I find the people distracting.

I prefer #1, and I like it that it has people in it. In my opinion that adds to the interest.

A good all round structure shot David, nice colours and like how the Red Head is brushing her hair back :)
Very interesting but the two ladies in the photo look very stressed. I don't know what that place is.
Interesting choice for the theme. I prefer the second shot David - a lot more detail of the artwork in evidence and more movement blur.
I would have liked more blur on the people to eliminate them a bit more, they kind of distract from the art work, if you see what I mean
Whole - fits the theme, I do like your selection of nuts, looks very wholesome indeed. I am not that keen on the background if i am honest.

Structure - I like what you were trying to achieve with these images, but I got to admit I find the people distracting.
I prefer #1, and I like it that it has people in it. In my opinion that adds to the interest.
Love those mosaics d00d, think I'd like more mosaics and less people.
Second for me I think - I like the idea that the artwork is pulling that guys's attention even though he's on a hectic commute. Probably!

Thanks all (y) ... mixed reactions but not bad. I wanted to get something posted before the w/e ... wasn't sure how busy I'd be come Monday. It was a little rushed, thought the artwork said Structure ... only just. So on theme, with a difference. They're not my best tube stn shots, if I do a reshoot I'll try a slightly longer exposure and fiddle with metering. My aim was to use the people to distract ... a straight photo of someone else's artwork is not good enough. ;)

Last edited:
Back