weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

02 Comfort

#1 Comfort ... van Gogh style.
45OpcEKgGxBEo3W3ztLFwrHStIXot92B64spWt0emRgRazPs0euzT4qkkxQuzVYtcqbDY1sYXHJsYqB3XUm7h1T2NXjv3VJV6ZHvgySTXgI2GSGpZdVWzE1eioyJWrSDcCmnGV2zlSzbQwdEJHAs8on1Gw_2dLXwfw0eLwXzgOJfepA08bRGyJl6YfNpJ9KxAIdQx3anfQPbgmGrM6RYqlB9xdNc0uDoMVfYk-e_9Kyb2O9ol08nHK_3XkZclAWL94Nh_wh4mWOBvBE2DRQgYQueTzRzS--HuKppPW4JESaeYMJxo1cOalMq-RVWCVr00kcVPfd6gKqw58f6iINOcMrDLlfowLmDWjR0lZ0jtE-4HBnBQ3RUEQ8rkdFvAKVcGLwPfA6OuVE44S2gCuI1SMgv-XhVvHxhb3B6wN_ETJAPEDhLshS1MslpdConER5FUPyNU6OCVHxLzzLMbOI_AxXVzijAiQVujJ4coBX8J9szlv-QF7JSPoQrMPgkh-0QFVryuIPOdz4vFUKaqkWae48mCLhjobkRdqEOb02m5Ox_f6zUStX-j5813BOa1zh-ujKUhk3InWSC6BGw632uNpXrY-NTQXgKg3Nl6RPDVuoYxiOvIam2=w1007-h917-no

5MmIUqa6p57SRYQ3fcj-12RO0g48aX9ThxInz-XTDJdVESuWSZNqEudMZpnhJhnnuIunTLOSoaGntdLrxkVPEIYog2fPuPwXitTT7oq0t6C_TlnpywN59TKQWWHpItSR92hwmZOXnjOoUvY3TjjgKgWhfUxNtzH9CnIWIGFtZ6R2oiolUs3IhW4j7v13q8rkx22lNxYDHT1hMFRp-wa9mCAx1wbPLd-Bm_2UqiC91LlXgOZY7E_4P1x-aX6XqIJ5tz4n6I4NQ5R9rSv9AUH0fK4xr_7kOFJ3qIWgzBjQRM-bUdBWbweceQasgzHiJCBllEJSjfcs3twkESdO0sZm1zfb1QUQQHz0KEC3tqXaFPy5epFgUyNQ0Pdq3qVibTg4U2JS9EmGGyaDal-y10JGL-4QXdYNhVtcMo-TDXkQprUdR8V0FT5He9KEminU9zH-SO9iCuNd67fU_a3aKxV0xOnTHGZ_97TFdLa1kgDOSbtbADOH8PaM-L5GSdRhWvqnbYAsCgp50qNlx14Ylxd2H8D-JnRYWhuPgRpflRqscPo6xFUCxXH2VpoN8vFoDRAFeEvnMOT-hqspt6F1E6RqcMr342A2v0vQqsy3BVcarm21IIQ6T3ce=w1280-h917-no

Last edited:
LOL very good David, both bang on theme, gotta say I love the chair the best though (y)

I like the chair picture. Although its playing with my mind a bit, I assume its a normal chair in the middle of a road but somehow looks like a tiny chair or is that just my eyes :confused:

Brilliant thinking and shot of the chair David - lovely colour and detail but the simplicity tops all else. I like all the ornate metalwork of the second too but #1 rules for me.

(y) ... Thanks all so much for liking my chair. Yes it is an ordinary (ish) chair, in the road. The white lines are not the middle but where cars park. I intended cloning them out but decided to leave them, don't know why! It's one of a set of "Van Gogh" we bought from Habitat in the '90s. Never photographed them before, well you don't do you!

After studying van Gogh's perspective I took it outside and took a few shots with my 85mm f/1.8 this at f/2.8. Back home I realised the chair's facing the wrong way so flipped it which created a wonky illusion I liked. :D

I love the randomness of the chair in the road, great idea, well captured.

Chair for me too. Light and DoF are spot on and I love the detail and texture in the road.

Absolutely love the chair shot. It's nicely composed and the lighting and focus work well but more than anything, it's just so weird!

I love the strange chair shot with its contrasting colours! Well composed, well focussed and very clever idea.

Both images speak to me in different ways. My first thought of seeing the chair was, "I would be uncomfortable sitting there, in the middle of the road." The chair stands out from the road and has great color and detail. The second image tells a story of weary travellers looking for comfort (a good meal and a comfortable bed) after a long journey.

I love the randomness of the chair in the road, great idea, well captured.
(y)
Hi, Comfort, a little leftfield but I do like Van Gogh.

POV is slightly off compared to Mr G's :)

Cheers.
(y)
I love the chair shot, quite random but brilliant!
(y)
Chair for me too. Light and DoF are spot on and I love the detail and texture in the road.
(y) nice bit of resurfacing.
Absolutely love the chair shot. It's nicely composed and the lighting and focus work well but more than anything, it's just so weird!
(y) just so weird! :D
I love the strange chair shot with its contrasting colours! Well composed, well focussed and very clever idea.
(y)
Both images speak to me in different ways. My first thought of seeing the chair was, "I would be uncomfortable sitting there, in the middle of the road." The chair stands out from the road and has great color and detail. The second image tells a story of weary travellers looking for comfort (a good meal and a comfortable bed) after a long journey.
(y) my caption for the second image is: "Comfort Inn, can't be much further, they said it was around here somewhere"

Chair is curious - why is it in the road ?
Ignoring that, its nicely composed and lit.
Prfer it to the inn pic tho....

Loving the chair David, very abstract in it's setting.
Sharp, jumps out from the background and the background probably isn't what it appears to be (it's not really the *middle* of a road is it...)

Chair is curious - why is it in the road ?
Ignoring that, its nicely composed and lit.
Prfer it to the inn pic tho....
Thanks Mark ... in the road? ... I think it would make a pretty uninteresting photo shot in my modest little abode, I wanted a solid contrasting OOF BG. I wanted to use my 85mm prime and you need space.

Loving the chair David, very abstract in it's setting.
Sharp, jumps out from the background and the background probably isn't what it appears to be (it's not really the *middle* of a road is it...)
Cheers Tim ... near middle, a newly resurfaced quiet resi street, the white lines mark the resi parking space.

Loving the chair shot David. And you call me weird :p
(y) .... :p

Great minimalist and literal photo for the theme, works very well!

Yep very minimalistic, and bang on theme David :)

Minimalistic as you say David but spot on theme - very fine detail.

I thought this was a landscape but it is in fact the very most literal interpretation of the theme. Nice concept led to a very effective photo which held my eye for longer than I'd expected it to..

(P.S. your sensor's filthy!)

Hahaaaa when I first saw that I though Sand dunes :D - a very literal image and very effective David (y)
Very nice shot David, and on theme. Like the darkness at the bottom and how it gets lighter and sharp on top (y)
Great minimalist and literal photo for the theme, works very well!
Like DK above I did think sand dunes very good indeed
Nice one d00d ....works really well for the theme :)
Yep very minimalistic, and bang on theme David :)
Clever idea and well executed, I like it.
Minimalistic as you say David but spot on theme - very fine detail.
:LOL: Like that, very simple and very apt for the theme.
I thought this was a landscape but it is in fact the very most literal interpretation of the theme. Nice concept led to a very effective photo which held my eye for longer than I'd expected it to..

(P.S. your sensor's filthy!)
Thanks all (y)

This is genuine animal fur [I think] , a lady's stole thingy. Taken on the w/e but not posted till yesterday, as I wasn't sure about it!
I fixed it to open internal window shutters so the camera was pointing through the glass [about 2 foot away from the subject] at a clear blue sky.
I then flipped it vertically to give the landscape feel.

Hi Nick @nickbee ... Thanks for the advise but it may be my dirty window. I'll check out my sensor tho. :)

Last edited:
Back