weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Very clever, my first thought was this was some kind of grass that looked like hair but its exactly the opposite:)

I thought it might be the hair of one of those troll toys, but I suppose it's too fine.
I can see where the sand dune comments came from too.
Very sharply detailed David and literally on theme.

Hairy, yeah, works for me. Nice detail and it could be a reed bed, sort of :)

Cheers.
Very clever, my first thought was this was some kind of grass that looked like hair but its exactly the opposite:)
Yep - fooled me too - nicely done :)
I thought it might be the hair of one of those troll toys, but I suppose it's too fine.
I can see where the sand dune comments came from too.
Very sharply detailed David and literally on theme.
Hairy - the simplicity of this works very well, I like it not crit to offer, I think it is fine as it is.
Thank you ... (y)

I enjoyed that ... backlit, high f number, learning cuuuurrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvve.

Not perfect, not a great subject (the moped), all very experimental, a first, and it keeps raining, PABD.

week 4 Smooth ride
nhPHznHhvC6kQZEYKnapqMSfWzzIXPnJumaGDEWwaKiC6kDeVW7_UNXUWgRXvabwDHq8mJ8xI0ZtpamjeRgMluhVrMXZ75DVn4Kp_AhzV44WaNvsyYGX5rkFvghnlCziYuhvPEIrnuW2ty2KbGfSqyukDM63MPqyoTwN87NcDSWa3jm1lCni9id72SwJYm7p7ofj-vtfmEOA3HX0EoW2FnuXNw1VrJYZ3qJkTbMPA1qb0Ky1cNyS9ZRKAB7Tm4h2rTbOV8AAD5RE_9VXo__To6AlgD4XIztatEB-UI7FeSZJzQ9hyo5A_I1sb-XCPYtguV57F_1_JcUduQByS5XLzFTTVbRe9LAzfUPFSzjK_2SkBYeko_GbE08cXngUdytIDl_uqzrhpqf_XXVgk4yugDVqvdennp3LlTgW0QYlIuHa2YAC2XSV71O82jecdprN9xxuRznuEfq-FgRBLzRj-Ot87xDReGVtSlcKGACGrxn5ulVW4Sqyjv9wXoSTqL7lyUx2k3JPu4SWei7W-AbMiMKUxzbS56peaxy74mXBL_H7g4qaSbbyuYybPWWhrU6PjH-Nq4cgoDYPUw-pJ25rW6B9giuaUnWHMYoDeKnYmwS8oj0jyDnt=w1527-h520-no

At first I thought you took one photo of a row of very similar mopeds... nicely done, maybe a bit closely cropped at both ends, and the background looks a bit dull, but I like the idea!

Chuckle, that's a fun idea (shame it's mopeds though).
Maybe a bit tight on the crops at the ends, but it does help give it the impression of being 5 bikes *because it doesn't all quite fit in a single shot) rather than a composite of some sort (I'm guessing a photomerge of some kind).

Good thinking David .... an excellent novel take. Could be a Spot the Difference image.

At first I thought you took one photo of a row of very similar mopeds... nicely done, maybe a bit closely cropped at both ends, and the background looks a bit dull, but I like the idea!
A nice smooth shot of the rider, maybe just have the three from the middle.
Chuckle, that's a fun idea (shame it's mopeds though).
Maybe a bit tight on the crops at the ends, but it does help give it the impression of being 5 bikes *because it doesn't all quite fit in a single shot) rather than a composite of some sort (I'm guessing a photomerge of some kind).
Good thinking David .... an excellent novel take. Could be a Spot the Difference image.
Smooth - I like what you have done for this theme, agree its a bit tightly cropped. But its a very clever idea for the theme(y), now you can move on to the next theme.
(y) Thanks all ... Yes it is a close crop, not my doing, don't know how that happened. I had a total of six images, shooting "continuous" for about 2 seconds and merged five (thought was a good number) of them together manually, just layered them up and used the eraser tool.

Cheers DK ... the idea needs working on, or is it really worth it? You do see people riding horses in Hyde Park ... now there's thought.

Works for me, not worried about the crop interesting take on the theme

Great idea. I too thought this was a line of different mopeds. I did wonder why they were all so close together :D

Excellent idea d00d, very original for the theme, I really like it ... nice neat bit of stitching :)
:agree: with Susie, made me smile
Very cleverly done David :)
Works for me, not worried about the crop interesting take on the theme
Like it nice take, great idea....wonder how long they will stay smooth.....LOL
Great idea, I thought it was several mopeds not one. Well done, go for the horses!
Great idea. I too thought this was a line of different mopeds. I did wonder why they were all so close together :D
Thanks all (y)

...... go for the horses!
:D

Week 5 Mineral

Wn1ybEPksQT0mBndMTK3yAK-_Morlpj6cKGarRiv3-26NwfDeuauZ-8wXwxwWGApVmXO4wvOOr2clQBhIGgEaEOdmXc84GkBuN0pifNoeHuBzBmxJ5MPwKcfLIvIJqdqDChOWW5HUd5C7lNRji5HwoK0g2GVwh8j48Rs7_oh6R4gnwD4UZH7IH7jLEUrmje4rQlrAzwRC9e8hhVES9ffALBWv_jVpUzK2VKR03VniWWFxr4K4GNjAVh392IkGL8ZRzMpPWxuhA5c1UlCeOxmgAaxRi7tpbgRuapIjkviIXjy8ZMdcuWWpf47jlODEpikAbwkQ_XiTRZcogwrRjp1vEDWtgVlfs1SkKS7oYd0yojmMiP6PdHFaUoXv8C4Zg1vBbTgF-obizWur8yDjUWVYNlLWC7L4pXySmACpDtee4sQ9cT1xZpdm2NbA135b3STcT8KWxrV-XItnn7anivATdER8YPVle_EOheia_gBS47Un8sb-Ev_bSTwARZTL4l79Wnzv9RJ7sm5AyGvxerKxXxhuIQ5H9qYtRU9j6seoixrK2jfsJRGscGkP4QGNN6eznr3OX95DTrksrXET3wzhXOKzEpTjqEk51xaPDS6df0wFFE5kP7C=w1176-h917-no

zxWHdtPvAGamy2tyft3DS7xjXiFhQ27AAIsGmtV5RF9fdHdgUmgiHsvqUA8AuSLlb62dxWN1IrkeYo5R9g-weFLo4MxoU28bnJzjQZEXBJSoFXEfQr32nw-otsDnRczcYnAPJxnJfDEcdXqiKpqZ4PFJyRXft00tEUxd6zRlCAvQuw_Oc6jNtZTxyntdw00B8b3eJ0RP08TJYr8z0vIj8LkldOa-Xd7P4Qh4c4NH-UyKdE_EwXElAtgzk-5F1PjGlv825_q92Di7SY_y-WoKdr0GngyzbKrf5i5ThPuObpcloGao734dB65eW1YbUVld-YV868kJ_v0w0o1N6XINTAiZTiKroX7J64wC9Rswbx3e_379iT7MrA2hY4dLwHNOonEv9gg9jGR6uiiAdJ0Q07MjglFJ7Dla-ZXeT6nKaEmTSZU4R159tTP8s7RoWtVgsx4qj67ENOYCOI2uI5bUlucDh_oy0X3LXUFdTBy80lPu1U6yRwzXX6CWCN4MRdMVDv3ixAQRdiQ3Inbp8FrBn6kkqcr2QieX79tPutKZCYpEHKMuzOWuXNUoEBPSME1XjY4VFY06TsSOr5jY-Eo8XUfWpVMq5Voip592Dv1AJEiWrC8Wi_Vu=s917-no

Last edited:
Mineral #2 for me David - lovely colours and abstracty. (All those healthy minerals don't cha know).

It has to be number 2 excellent idea for mineral, only a genius could come up with such an idea (y)
@Carl Ayling you changed you tune :p

Love the garlic photo, not sure what it's got to do with minerals but I really like it

perhaps just a touch soft in the top right but I still like it

Really like the Garlic shot, and not entirely convinced re mineral tbf...

Whats the thought process with the gears/sand ?

Mineral #2 for me David - lovely colours and abstracty. (All those healthy minerals don't cha know).
I didn't but I do now. :D

It has to be number 2 excellent idea for mineral, only a genius could come up with such an idea (y)
.... only a genius. :D

Love the garlic photo, not sure what it's got to do with minerals but I really like it
Garlic's the new mineral. :D

Two great shots David, have to go with #2 good clear shot :)
:D

Whats the thought process with the gears/sand ?
... just wanted to do something different but all the punter wants is :D.... garlic. :eek:

Four (alternative) facts:
1. Minerals are present in water but not as intensely nor are they as beneficial as those in garlic.
2. Life can be sustained without garlic but not without water. (Friends can't be sustained with garlic but can be with Water :)).
3. Water can exist without garlic but not the reverse.
4. Crucially, Garlic has more substance and so lends itself to being shaped into the form of a shoehorn - water in it's liquid form of course cannot ever be.
Therefore, I remain hopeful that sense will prevail and the Grand Vizier will divest me of the Order of the Shoehorn and confer it to someone more deserving .. .IMHO
:p

Last edited:
I like the garlic shot best. Beyond that I'm utterly confused as to what's happening in this thread and I don't like it. I'm off.

#2 for me too David. Great dof and colours.

Looks very Spanish :whistle:
Thanks Jill ... It's Portuguese, I guess Spanish garlic is equally as colourful.
I meant, wheres the mineral connection ? Purely in the sand ?
cheers Mark ... I first tried these little cogs embedded in salt but it didn't work so well. Builders working on a nearby house refurb gave me this lovely sand yesterday. :)
Four (alternative) facts:
1. Minerals are present in water but not as intensely nor are they as beneficial as those in garlic.
2. Life can be sustained without garlic but not without water. (Friends can't be sustained with garlic but can be with Water :)).
3. Water can exist without garlic but not the reverse.
4. Crucially, Garlic has more substance and so lends itself to being shaped into the form of a shoehorn - water in it's liquid form of course cannot ever be.
Therefore, I remain hopeful that sense will prevail and the Grand Vizier will divest me of the Order of the Shoehorn and confer it to someone more deserving .. .IMHO
:p
Are you saying my garlic cloves are shoehorn shaped! o_O
I like the garlic shot best. Beyond that I'm utterly confused as to what's happening in this thread and I don't like it. I'm off.
Thanks Nick ... but fear not, see where the fun starts HERE

Hmmmm tough one, I like the elements of One, the overall image of Two, but would prefer One out of the Two if there were only Three cogs in the frame and a closer crop :)

Thanks for that DK (y)

I forgot about 3 being the magic number and of course it is. I've now got an acre of sand and felt the need to show plenty ... I'm sure I'll be using it again as a BG in future.:)

Yeah, #2 for me. Wonderful textures and muted colours. My eye was drawn to the OOF bit's, though.

Minor point and I do like garlic :)

Cheers.

Back