Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

No issue with the background from me, it's sufficiently oof and the symmetry works.

Thanks Tim, I was okay with the background as well, and it was what it was...

Those petals are the most gorgeous colours I've come across.

Thanks Stan, yes I agree, and there is very little post processing of the image. It is very close to the "real" colour...

Nature...I wish I could have isolated the tree a bit more but I was limited by my point of view.

July 01 (2 of 2).jpg

Nicely captured nature shot, well spotted :)

Lovely shot. the foreground anchors you and then your eyes can roam to the fast flowing river and the swirling mist. Lots of aspects of Mother Nature, well captured,

Hi Bill

Mother Nature in a wild state with the raging river. Is that a radio tower at the top, I would have cloned it out given the theme and that it's partly obscured by the clould.

Pete

A lovely shot but yes - that radio tower needs to go.

Hi Bill that's a fast looking river. It's amazing where trees manage to grow. Nicely seen, and although the tree was your focal point the whole scene is mother nature.

Thanks Clive, yes most of the rivers in the province are very high right now and many are under floodwater advisories. A combination of a very deep snowpack with a long stretch of very warm weather followed by a very long stretch of high precipitation. I actually took this from the Alexandra bridge. An old bridge that is now only open to foot traffic.

July 01 (1 of 1)-7.jpg

I don't think I would want to get too close to that water either.. nicely done.

Thanks Helen, I was quite high up. I've shot some long exposure shots of the bridge before from the side of the river, but the shore is flooded right now (it was pouring rain that day).

Lovely shot. the foreground anchors you and then your eyes can roam to the fast flowing river and the swirling mist. Lots of aspects of Mother Nature, well captured,

Thanks Bebop!

Hi Bill

Mother Nature in a wild state with the raging river. Is that a radio tower at the top, I would have cloned it out given the theme and that it's partly obscured by the clould.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I'm actually okay with the radio tower. It goes to show that man's influence has a habit of poking up even when you don't want it to.

Ah, the Fog Plan shot :)
It is rather a tale of two photos there though.

Thanks Tim, more of an unplanned fog shot :D . It was raining so hard that we almost turned around...

I like your river shot, and agree that the tower isn't an issue for me. But your bridge is doing funny things to my eyes as it appears to have two focal planes sandwiching an OOF area?!

Nice pop of colour in your signs of summer!

I like your river shot, and agree that the tower isn't an issue for me. But your bridge is doing funny things to my eyes as it appears to have two focal planes sandwiching an OOF area?!

Nice pop of colour in your signs of summer!

Too funny Shug :p! Yeah I was playing with using a tilt-shift effect in Lightroom...I know it isn't for everyone but you gotta take chances and try different things sometimes...(and it's fun to play!)

I like the tilt and shift effect. I have a lens baby lens and I love playing with blurry edges and a sharp main subject.

I also really like your signs shot. The people are really nicely placed around your foreground dash of colour. I'm sure you placed the people there :ROFLMAO: on the other hand you might have just walked to the right spot.

MN: I like the bridge shot lots. The river one, great shot. You are right about the tree, but the water, background trees and mist more than compensate.

Signs: Clever take and quirky shot.

Great signs shot. The colour really pops from the rest of the image. The perspective makes it an interesting shot.

I like the tilt and shift effect. I have a lens baby lens and I love playing with blurry edges and a sharp main subject.

I also really like your signs shot. The people are really nicely placed around your foreground dash of colour. I'm sure you placed the people there :ROFLMAO: on the other hand you might have just walked to the right spot.

Thanks Bebop, I've been looking at a lensbaby for a while but haven't pulled the trigger yet. All of my "tilt/shift" is in post.

I was going to pay a bunch of models to pose on the beach but....then I just happened on this scene... :)

MN: I like the bridge shot lots. The river one, great shot. You are right about the tree, but the water, background trees and mist more than compensate.

Signs: Clever take and quirky shot.

Thanks David!

Great signs shot. The colour really pops from the rest of the image. The perspective makes it an interesting shot.

Thanks Helen, it was all about the umbrella for me. I saw the colours that thought that it would make a pleasing image...

Definitely looks secure. The black frame adds to it and it's all nicely squared up. The sharp central focus draws your eye in and then it can wander to the surrounding area. Well captured.

Hi Bill,

Sign(s) - Are they rain clouds? Summer has certainly set in. interesting you could find a beach that wasn't packed.
I do like the focus on the sun shade, and it's vibrancy.
Secure - I find the light in the window competes for my attention, but I still think it works. The black around the door certainly emphasises it.

I really like the bottom two thirds of your alley shot - the shallow DoF fair draws your eyes to the fencing. I find the top a little distracting though unfortunately.

The shallow DoF almost makes it look like a miniature setup. Is there any back story as to why the door needs the extra security?

That's certainly secure enough, and as mentioned, somewhere I'd think twice about walking down to!

Back