Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

Household item
I like that, just enough items and good processing.

Hidden
Another good photo, a subtle reflection and a good dof.

Household: Definitely reflects the goings on in many places at the moment.
Hidden. I like this and it gives me the feeling that something may also be hidden in the shadows.

I love your liquid B&W shot - the way the droplets catch the light is lovely.

And your hidden away Bog shot is something special. Absolutely lovely.

Thanks for the kind words Shugpug, much appreciated.

Liquid: really nice and suit the mono very well. I like the way that you've offset the fountain (it could have been a bit boring if it were in the centre)
Household Items: Yep, the 'new norm' as everyone keeps saying. I really like the PP on this and the lighting is really nice.
Hidden: The subject intrigues me and makes me wonder more about what's in the image (and maybe what's not in the image), good subject and great idea for the theme. I really like the slightly muted colours and use of available light too.

Thanks Jim, the hidden shot is of a foot bridge fallen into disrepair. It's just off a path in large peat bog that is near where I live.

Two good takes on the theme, good composition for household and hidden is quite unnerving in a way.

Thanks Alan, I actually wasn't going to go down to the bog because a friend of mine who grew up in the area told me that there was an urban legend that satanic rituals used to be held there and it kind of freaked me out...so, yeah, I agree with you it can be a little unnerving...

Hi Bill,

Household Items - Very much a more common sight these days I feel.
Hidden - Not really sure what I'm looking at. Is it part of a boardwalk ?

Thanks Tim, it's the remnants of a foot bridge that crossed a stream in the bog.

Awwww pooch paws.... 'nuff said :)

Great shot of the flower - but not sure about the background. Would a step to the right/left have been possible?

Thanks Shug, I was kind of stuck with this angle. I could have moved but would have ruined the symmetry of the petals.

I've heard of or seen one of those Bill, interesting flower
Thanks Phlissy, I'm kind of drawn to flowers just past their bloom and this poppy was just about perfect. I think that if i went today all of the leaves would be gone and just the seed head would be left.

Thanks Dominic, the light was really good that morning.

great colour on the snappers choice, and the background looks OK to me too.

Back