Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

Definitely looks secure. The black frame adds to it and it's all nicely squared up. The sharp central focus draws your eye in and then it can wander to the surrounding area. Well captured.

Thank you Bebop.

Hi Bill,

Sign(s) - Are they rain clouds? Summer has certainly set in. interesting you could find a beach that wasn't packed.

No rain clouds, just an interesting backdrop (Mother Nature in a cooperative mood...)

I do like the focus on the sun shade, and it's vibrancy.

It was the umbrella the drew me to the image...

Secure - I find the light in the window competes for my attention, but I still think it works. The black around the door certainly emphasises it.

When I took the shot I added the top half on purpose, I thought that the light added another dimension to the story.

I really like the bottom two thirds of your alley shot - the shallow DoF fair draws your eyes to the fencing. I find the top a little distracting though unfortunately.

Thanks for the comment Shug, cropping the image makes it look unbalanced to my eye, but I did do a black and white version that maybe addresses your concern?

Version 2 (1 of 1).jpg

The shallow DoF almost makes it look like a miniature setup. Is there any back story as to why the door needs the extra security?

Thanks Graham, no backstory, just a grimy old door in one of the city alleyways...

I just liked the light right above it and thought that it would make a good image.

Very secure looking, it looks the type of place you might think twice about walking through. I like your depth of field but might have trimmed the top a bit.

Thanks Clive, you're in the same camp as Shugpug and Tim (above) :)

That's certainly secure enough, and as mentioned, somewhere I'd think twice about walking down to!

Thanks Phissy, yeah I wouldn't be walking around this area after dark. This was taken at about 10 AM.

Nicely exposed as there are lots of different blacks to deal with. Makes a cool image.

Thanks Helen, the software makes it easy. Sometimes I feel like I'm just along for the ride...

Some charms that my mother-in-law used to have attached to her keys. I have them on my camera bag to remind me of her. It makes me feel like she's watching over me when I'm out on a photo prowl.

July 26 (1 of 1).jpg

Awww what a cutie :)

Personal: Lovely colours and nice to have something as a reminder.
Graceful:That's just a great pic of a lovely dog.

Last edited:
Personal, nice idea, and nicely arranged, I have Donald Duck on mine, a present from my grand daughter.
Graceful: Well as she is called Gracie l guess its not a shoehorn. She almost looks guilty of something, lovely pooch.

Last edited:
lovely dog image, really shows character.

So behind with everything! Sorry for the late replies...

Personal: Lovely colours and nice to have something as a reminder.
Graceful:That's just a great pic of a lovely dog.

Thanks Pete!

Love it on Gracie.

She's the best (don't tell our other dog...)

Personal, nice idea, and nicely arranged, I have Donald Duck on mine, a present from my grand daughter.
Graceful: Well as she is called Gracie l guess its not a shoehorn. She almost looks guilty of something, lovely pooch.

Thanks Clive, I'm thinking that maybe we all have something we bring along that makes us feel good or brings back fond memories...

What's not to love? So, so cute!

Thanks Helen!

Lovely back-story on the personal, and very nice shot for your clumsy Gracie :)

Thank you Shug!

great image of the dog

She's much more photogenic than I am...:D

lovely dog image, really shows character.

Thanks Jim!

Personal - Very nicely caught colours.
Graceful - This did make me chuckle when I saw it in the main thread. Such a great capture. (y)

Thanks Tim!

Static in moving water that was made static by long exposure...

Aug 05 (1 of 1)-7.jpg

Very static Bill.

It almost looks like a Pinhole shot - static and smooth, and even the clouds behaved for you!

Thanks Shug, I've played around with pinhole shooting but haven't had much success with it. I'll keep trying.

Long exposures are a powerful tool that can transform flowing water into a static glass mirror-like surface.

Thanks Stan, I like playing with long exposures whenever I can.

Hi Bill

Nice Static Shot, not a movement to be seen.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I was hopeful I wouldn't get any static about this submission...just sayin'...

Very static Bill.

Thanks Phissy...

Very nice static shot, water has smoothed out nicely.

Thank you Clive.

A small grill found on the side of a downtown building. I liked the pattern.Aug 05 (1 of 1)-8 (2).jpg

Back