Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

Nice image there, Captures a moment in time for all involved.

Judging by the brollies it was raining as well. Great spot with those passing by completely unaware below him.

I definitely wouldn’t have the ability to be suspended like that, but great capture. I like how the lights intersect through the middle creating the two halves. Also with one of pedestrians having an umbrella up they could be protecting themselves from anything falling.

Last edited:
Judging by the brollies it was raining as well. Great spot with those passing by completely unaware below him.
Thanks Helen, yes it was raining but the funny thing was that the area under the window washer is covered and out of the rain. My luck that the people walking were either to lazy to close their umbrellas or completely oblivious as to where they were...all good either way!:)

You definitely captured the right theme in your photo, I think this is a well composed shot with lots of interest. Thumbs up from me.

A nice piece of "street", Bill.

Well captured in the conditions - and I like the bursts of colour from the umbrellas.
Thanks Shugpug, yes, that is what drew me to the image in the first place. I first saw the two ladies with the red and blue umbrellas and got lucky with the lady with the green umbrella crossing the street (I like how the green umbrella mirrors the green colour on the street).

Nice winter shot, looks pretty dreary there!

Ability nicely seen and captured great inclusion of the pedestrians.

Winter- Really like this love the brightly coloured umbrellas

Winter is a nice one, once again it nicely captures a moment in time. I really like the way you've used the light as it really benefits from the slight darkness, which absolutely adds to the image.

Nice shot - looks like Manchester any day of the year :D

Winter is a nice one, once again it nicely captures a moment in time. I really like the way you've used the light as it really benefits from the slight darkness, which absolutely adds to the image.
Thanks Jim, it was just around the golden hour and the lights coming on really helped out a lot.

Nice shot - looks like Manchester any day of the year :D
Thanks Dave, yes, we surely get our share of the wet stuff. Comes from being in a temperate rainforest zone.

Some great shots since my last visit. The scenic shots for Snapper's Choice along with the lighthouse stand out for me.
Thanks Bob, yes one of my favourite places to take the dogs.

An image that almosts asks for a bit of selective colouring (don't hate me for that !)
No judging Tim, I've been known to "selectively colourize" an image on occasion ;)

Nice street shot, I really like the colourful umbrellas!

Ability - I think the building in the reflection looks like a space ship is looming behind you (maybe I have been watching too mush sci-fi) nice capture.
Winter - sorry I agree with @LC2 it would work well with selective colour.

Ability - I think the building in the reflection looks like a space ship is looming behind you (maybe I have been watching too mush sci-fi) nice capture.
Winter - sorry I agree with @LC2 it would work well with selective colour.
I bow to the pressure...:snaphappy:

Feb 23 (1 of 1)-25.jpg

Attachments

• Feb 23 (1 of 1)-25.jpg
    Feb 23 (1 of 1)-25.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 3
Can't decide if this book submission is too trashy or to sketchy...:p
Went with more of a "find" a book rather than "depict" a book...:cool:

Mar 08 (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
A definite showhorn - and a clever one :)

Back