Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

Yellow on black but still quite muted, nice
Thanks Clive, I always find solid yellow and solid red flowers the hardest to capture well. I thought that the black would help

Nice us of DoF the yellow of the flower really pops out form the BG.
Thanks Mark, a standard for me is to use f5.6 when shooting flowers, I find that it gives me a depth of field that Is pleasing (to me).

Last edited:
A children's wading pool (I think) in an old army base, now an off-leash dog park...time has not been kind...

6 (1 of 1).jpg

Thanks Shugpug, I was pleased with result. I left my Canon 7D at home and took my daughter's old Sony NEX-5R just to try it out. Shot pretty much on full auto and guessed at the composition (tough to see the screen in the sunlight). It did a fairly decent job.

It's certainly showing the ravishes of time I like the composition using the wall to pull your eye round into the picture.

Definitely on theme showing the ravages of time. Nice composition with the edge leading you through the image .... just realise I've said the same as Mark above.... so it's definitely true :)

I don't find any reference for scale, but to me it looks to deep for a children's wading pool... Nice composition, great muted colours and nice DoF!

Definitely on theme showing the ravages of time. Nice composition with the edge leading you through the image .... just realise I've said the same as Mark above.... so it's definitely true :)
LOL, it's what you get for reading the comments before commenting...:D

I like to see the remnants of our past and this is nice. A good PoV and a good fit for the theme.
Thanks Pete, the whole dog park is cool, with remnants of the original army base strewn around. This is another that I took:

Apr 05 (1 of 1).jpg

Slows very well how nature takes things back over time.
You have to wonder how much reclaimation nature will make while we're all locked indoors.
Thanks Tim, yes, except for the roads that run through the park you would barely know that anything man made had been there (unless you look closely deep in the brambles)...

I don't find any reference for scale, but to me it looks to deep for a children's wading pool... Nice composition, great muted colours and nice DoF!
Thanks Bernd, I think that it is about 10 inches from the rim to the ground, not that deep. Probably about about 20 feet in diameter (just my guess).

Bored at home and playing with my daughters camera (I liked the way this turned out):

1.JPG

Lovely image love the expression on the dogs face and the fact that both of them have their heads at the same angle.

I like your doggy pic! Especially the way the dog in the background is mirroring the head angle. Nice depth of field... and if anyone else has already said that..... :banghead::ROFLMAO:

Great composition with the repeated head angles. Not sure if its "more walkies" or "not again.. " these days :)

Lovely image love the expression on the dogs face and the fact that both of them have their heads at the same angle.
Thanks Mark, they did the "head tilt" thing a couple of times before I managed to get it the way I liked it.

Very nicely done, getting the tilted head of both puppy dawgs.
And those pleading eyes. They so say "Walkies Please".
Thanks Tim, it wasn't so much walkies as "Treats!"

Back