Dave Kiddle's Oktoberfest Prime Lens Challenge

I agree Kev......

......about the picture, not Paulie...!!!

I'm having a crappy week - I've been struck down by the dreaded man-flu :puke:

...oh no!! ... i've heard about viruses on the internet... just by replying..i could catch it !!! ... :puke: ... what was THAT??? :help:

Hi Dave

your 1st shot for day 8....stunning...wonderful...love it :clap:

As for the stags.... all are just wonderful...except number one sort of looks like it's mounted on a wall to me ? Just the angle you've taken it at I guess . Number 3 is far & away the winner in my eyes...just superb :clap::clap:

not sure about the bokeh on the seed head #1 and the DOF look odd on the wall #2 but all very good colours are good in all well apart from #6
Thanks for the comments Chaz :)

...oh no!! ... i've heard about viruses on the internet... just by replying..i could catch it !!! ... :puke: ... what was THAT??? :help:
You've already got it - man-flu lies dormant and strikes when least expected!

Hi Dave

your 1st shot for day 8....stunning...wonderful...love it :clap:

As for the stags.... all are just wonderful...except number one sort of looks like it's mounted on a wall to me ? Just the angle you've taken it at I guess . Number 3 is far & away the winner in my eyes...just superb :clap::clap:
Thanks Lynne. I agree the first one does look rather like a trophy doesn't it? He was walking past me at the time and that's all I could fit in the frame with the 300mm!

Really like that shot Dave..Will try something like that myself at some point me thinks.(y)

Great shot this Dave (y)

Only thing that i`m finding slightly distracting (on first glances), is the fence just above and to the fore of the flower. I keep thinging its a bit of web, or a hair, with the catchlight on it.

Glad you`re feeling better from the Man Flu mate.. knocks the stuffing outa ya.

Really like that shot Dave..Will try something like that myself at some point me thinks.(y)
Thanks Dean, glad to be of service with the idea :D

Nice one that Dave, think the colours work really well together

Hope you are feeling better soon, Dave.

I think your latest shot is an interesting take on a flower shot. I love the colours and the DOF.

Jenny
Cheers Julian, cheers Jenny :)

Great shot this Dave (y)

Only thing that i`m finding slightly distracting (on first glances), is the fence just above and to the fore of the flower. I keep thinging its a bit of web, or a hair, with the catchlight on it.

Glad you`re feeling better from the Man Flu mate.. knocks the stuffing outa ya.
Ta Paul, yes I can see what you mean - it's the very thin line that looks like a spider's web. Still, not a bad shot considering the pain and suffering - I could hardly hold the camera :LOL:

Cracking shot... Love the seaweed carpet......

#1 is a cracking shot Dave (y)

Good recovery from the dreaded Man Flu

i hate using this word... but AWESOME! Can't decide on which i prefer most. All 3 are wall hangers (y)

Day 16. I'm all photo'ed out after 900 odd shots at Bushy Park yesterday, so a quick shot from the garden today. Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 with 25mm extension tube.
Exposure 1/125 sec, f/4, ISO 200 :)

Lavender by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr

Last edited:
erm "extention tube" Isn`t that in the same cat` at a tele converter? Breaking your own rules Dave :LOL:

Tis a great shot though, and serious bokeh (y)

Er nope, - there's no glass in an extension tube, so it can't be a lens! :D (I just make it up as I go along :LOL:)

Ahh but does it not, technically change the focal length of said lens ;)

Your challenge, your rules (y) :LOL:

Some brilliant stuff from Bushy Park (y)

Cheating there with the extension tube... wish I'd thought of it :)

Dave,

Some stunning pictures, particularly like the deer and the 85mm morning shots from bushy park (y)

Nick

that bushy park offers great opportunities for amazing sunrises (y) cannot choose a favourite ... all great..

love the DOF on the lavender ..(y)

that bushy park offers great opportunities for amazing sunrises (y) cannot choose a favourite ... all great..

love the DOF on the lavender ..(y)

Thanks Kev.

Oh and bloody man-flu back with a vengeance! I think the cold early start at Bushy did me in! However, I will struggle on like a brave soldier and continue to post. :LOL:

Last edited:
Thanks Dave,

I've just enjoyed several minutes of looking through this thread.
So far Curfe Castle and the Bushy Park shots stand out for me.

But I also love teh ones such as the weed on the pavement and the tap.
Simple objects turned in to interesting and appealing images.

I picked up my nifty 50 last week, I hope I get some good shots like these.

Thanks Dave,

I've just enjoyed several minutes of looking through this thread.
So far Curfe Castle and the Bushy Park shots stand out for me.

But I also love teh ones such as the weed on the pavement and the tap.
Simple objects turned in to interesting and appealing images.

I picked up my nifty 50 last week, I hope I get some good shots like these.
Cheers Neil, good luck with your nifty 50 - great little lens that.

i admire your dogged (no pun intended), never say die attitude David. I wouldn't put it in the epic fail file - the title defo adds to the image (y)

I like that the dog`s looking at you :LOL:

Dave...still a decent shot. Sky is good. Dog is thinking you look like dinner... .. Man flu... ?? Don't believe in it..... Now get back out there....still time for another shot today .. :D

Not up to your usual standard I think....must be distracted by the butt shot LOL

Back