weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

I was sure I'd replied to this! :thinking:

Ermmmm - I pretty much said what they said ^^^^ lolz

Waves splashing on the front of the boat, good idea but it is a bit distant to have a lot of impact.

You've done well to keep up, Dave. Still plenty of details in the image considering the amount of cropping involved.

Waves splashing on the front of the boat, good idea but it is a bit distant to have a lot of impact.

Thanks guys, it was only a shot just to help keep me up to date while I try and sort things out :)

Dave

Splash, not a bad shot considering using 90mm lens. Fits the theme and the slant is good for water skiing.

Pete

Dave

Good job on keeping up. As Stan has said ^ and I thought that scaffolding was lifted up, then I saw that chap with a bit of string attached, so it's all good.

Pete

A lot going on there in the image and difficult to make out the theme main subject but considering your current situation you've done very well keeping up with this project and live life normally. :clap:

Dave

Good job on keeping up. As Stan has said ^ and I thought that scaffolding was lifted up, then I saw that chap with a bit of string attached, so it's all good.

Pete

Thank you Stan and Pete for looking and the comments.

Its a bit busy, may be cropping in more would work but does the job for the theme

And there was me thinking that The Grand was being 'pulled' down.
As the other have said, well done keeping up with the themes. And you've paid more attention to vertical verticals than I evidently did ;)

Thank you both for looking and the comments, can`t wait till it goes back to normal here.

Pulled

It's always going to be hard no to be busy when photographing scaffolding, but i think you've done alright.

Lovely shot that Dave :)

Photography is an art, so it`s good enough for the theme

Technically it’s fine it’s just very static, while music is an art form it’s not really a visual one.

Hi Dave, at long last I am almost uptown date, so time to try and do some commenting!! Not going to comment on all of them but you have some really great shots. The bee shot for creatures is really good, they are really tricky as even when they aren't moving around they are seem to vibrate. Elegant is a lovely looking building and a good angle, maybe worth a revisit when the flowers are looking a little better. I like the straight on view of the pier and the position of the horizon being level with the edge of the building. You have some really excellent portraits for several of the themes and I love The Kiss. Well captured moment :D

But Dave, I'm pretty sure she's neither Godley or Creme ;)
I have to disagree with Allan on this. Whilst yes, she's not obviously moving, the face, expression and shape of the mouth say to me that she's in mid song and yes music is an art. Works for me and you are definetly getting some great shots with that 90mm of yours.

Hi Dave, at long last I am almost uptown date, so time to try and do some commenting!! Not going to comment on all of them but you have some really great shots. The bee shot for creatures is really good, they are really tricky as even when they aren't moving around they are seem to vibrate. Elegant is a lovely looking building and a good angle, maybe worth a revisit when the flowers are looking a little better. I like the straight on view of the pier and the position of the horizon being level with the edge of the building. You have some really excellent portraits for several of the themes and I love The Kiss. Well captured moment :D

Thank you Georgina for the comments and for looking :)

But Dave, I'm pretty sure she's neither Godley or Creme ;)
I have to disagree with Allan on this. Whilst yes, she's not obviously moving, the face, expression and shape of the mouth say to me that she's in mid song and yes music is an art. Works for me and you are definetly getting some great shots with that 90mm of yours.

Thank you too Tim for the comment, when I saw the theme I had a hunch it would be one of the vocalist, and yes I am loving this 90mm :)

Fuji 90mm F2 FTW!

Nice candid - and definitely ART.

Thank you Dave, the 90mm f2 is my best lens imo I have ever owned.

It’s a cracker - but to be honest I haven’t used mine since getting the 50-140mm F2.8

Dave

A lovely Portrait, at first glance she looks a bit static but the more you look the more she is singing.
Maybe she is too sharp but that's better than being flat as a singer;)

Dave

A lovely Portrait, at first glance she looks a bit static but the more you look the more she is singing.
Maybe she is too sharp but that's better than being flat as a singer;)

Thank you Pete for looking and the comment. One shot but two Art, singing is art and photography is also art :)

I'm not seeing Bizarre in this shot Dave, but it is a good street portrait / environmental portrait and I'm guessing any excuse to get the 90mm out.
Looking forward to the X-T3 shoe horns from next week :)

Thank you Tim for looking and the comment, shoehorn I think it is :D
All goes well this week my theme will be taken with the X-T3 + XF 50mm f2.

Back