weekly DAVE'S 2021 WEEKLY 52 SHOWCASE & Finished

Fab pic of the pooch :)

Really nicely captured Dave - the lights still getting used then? ;) I have mine out at the moment - in fact my modelling lamp has blown :rolleyes: Hopefully just the bulb, but it hasn't been used much.

I think I prefer the colour too, but both work well. It has such a warm feel to it.

Nice detail in the lion Dave I prefer the colour version I think

Thanks Allan.

Really nicely captured Dave - the lights still getting used then? ;) I have mine out at the moment - in fact my modelling lamp has blown :rolleyes: Hopefully just the bulb, but it hasn't been used much.

I think I prefer the colour too, but both work well. It has such a warm feel to it.

Hi Bebop I have not used any photo kit for a long time, so it was the on camera flash turned right down on the X100V.

Mono for me too. Can't beat a good black background too. Tidy & neat composition that suits the subject. (y)

Mono, 'nuff said.

Nicely shoehorned Dave :D

Both have their merits, so no real preference

Both nice shots - if pushed I;d chose the mono :)

Both the colour versions of Still Life and Miniscule for me. The tones are really nice in the golden lion. On first glance I'd have liked the mask to be a little more centred in the frame, but then the more I look, with the features on the mask being a little bit wonky, the slightly off centre nature of it adds to the unease.

Nice in b&w I think

Both nice shots - if pushed I;d chose the mono :)

Both the colour versions of Still Life and Miniscule for me. The tones are really nice in the golden lion. On first glance I'd have liked the mask to be a little more centred in the frame, but then the more I look, with the features on the mask being a little bit wonky, the slightly off centre nature of it adds to the unease.

Both look good, but I think I prefer the B&W.

Thank you folks.

Thats a very interesting shot/composite. Great sky and the whole thing nicely framed.

Very dramatic and suited by the 16:9 (or thereabouts) crop. Hope you have a nice Christmas and thanks for commenting on my thread most weeks even though I rarely get round everyone else.

Poochtastic :)

Can't beat a festive animal coat :) I'm assuming she gets presents too?

Or was it just the chicken?

Very festive, and she looks fetching in her coat. Great for the theme and nicely thought out.

Back