weekly De88ie's 52 2016 - Week 49 50 51

Lol Debbie. I know what you mean about teenagers.
The lighting effect from the candles is kinda cool.
As you said yourself, not the best pic ever, but hey, it's on theme and a shot for the scrapbook to embarrass them with later :)

Hi Debbie I really like your image for Effort fits the theme. I really like the lighting form the candles

Thank you for all the kind comments. Thanks Paul for the tip. I will try it out.

Hi Debbie,

Apologies for not commenting on your thread so far...

Metal - A very good start the looks good in mono. Nicely lit too;
Old - I like old architecture. Good use of 'thirds' for the vertical and horizontal elements;
Captive - I do like this. Good thinking! Looks like a nice chessboard too. I actually prefer the original shot;
Miniature - Another good one. Well spotted. The cropped original one for me;
Happy - A great happy scene. I like the water splashes - perfect shutter speed;
Abandoned - Nice find. Very abandoned;
Camouflaged - Nice typical Squirrel pose. good camouflage against the forest floor;
Dangerous - Nice shot. A little tighter crop on the bottom edge for me maybe?
Topical - Very poignant shot. Powerful stuff;
The Living World - I like this. The OOF grass in the FG is a touch distracting for me though;
Spiky - A perfect spiky pose!
Artificial - The first one for me. A nice arrangement.
Personal - Very personal indeed. I agree with others re the BG.
Effort - Getting teenagers to do anything like this can be an effort. Well done on the lighting.

Little write up made me chuckle Debbie.
I like it. Like the lighting.

Week 14 Technologytech.jpg
Sorry about thumbnails. Tried to make the full size image smaller, need an idiots guide to Affinity photo.

Last edited:
Wow! that is really sharp Debbie - the image seems almost 3-dimensional. :clap:

Thank you so much for all the nice comments. I spent ages photographing the mac in front of a mirror. Wanted to get the lit apple logo and the keyboard in a single shot. Couldn't get focus on both, so started messing with different close ups and angles.
When i uploaded them to view, the keyboard photo stood out. It never fails to surprise me that the photos i think will work, don't, and the ok shots turn out much better when viewed on large screen.

Effort - I too like the glow from the candles on the face
Technology- I nearly missed this one. I like the lighting and the angle.

Last edited:
Hi Debbie

Technology works well. I like the shiny bits around the keys glistening and bokehing. :)

Backlit keyboards FTW Debbie
Good shot, clear but with good use of DoF and as d00d says, some nice bokeh.
<flame war> Shame it's a Mac </flame war> :exit:

Behave, it took me 2 years of indecision before i took the plunge and bought the mac. ;)

Hi Debbie. May b me but did not spot a link from the main to your page ? Like the interpretation for Horizontal and the sunshine shimmering across the water.:clap:

Last edited:
Thanks Carl. Will check the link again. Cheers.
Link sorted.

Last edited:
Hi, it is sparkly, but I'd prefer softer light. Tops of the concrete or wooden barriers are slightly off, minor point but the brain does pick up on these things, mide does at least :geek:

That said, we spotted and composition works well.

Cheers.

Image 17-04-2016 at 16.59.jpg
Week 16 Vast
The vast size of this cloud is put into perspective, when you realise that the small thing sticking up, on the far right of the picture is actually Jubilee Tower, better known as Castle Hill. Image below. Apologies for thumbnail. I resized cloud but somehow can't resize Castle Hill.
Image 17-04-2016 at 17.29.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you. It was the view outside my window. Couldn't believe my luck

Such a dramatic cloudscape - well caught Debbie. Nicely composed with the Jubilee Tower helping to scale. :clap:

Now that's a belting sky. I'd have missed Castle Hill if you hadn't pointed it out, which is the point, I guess.

Must get back the the Hill some time.

Cheers.

Like you take on vast, it's nice the way the foreground cloud is picked out by the light ... great minds think alike (n)

Hi Debbie, that's a cracker! I love the sky and you've processed it "hard" but all the detail is retained and I wouldn't say it's over treated at all. I like the anchoring you've done by including the thin strip of ground and obviously the tower for a sense of scale. Maybe the horizon is slightly wonky, but that's minor if it is indeed the case.

Super job! :clap:

Cracking Sky Debbie well captured !

Hello Debbie, Really like horizontal image, good framing and take on the theme.

Vast - is a really good image, huge sense of scale and power

Back