weekly DH59's 52 for 2014 - Week 3 Close added

Name
Diane
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, here goes! I've done it now and created the thread!! Tried a 365 a couple of years ago and fizzled out by February, then started a 52 last year and managed to reach July, so here's hoping I last the course this time, and hopefully improve along the way. Good luck everyone!! :)

& another girlie joins the madhouse...welcome aboard Diane , 52 weeks will fly by (y)

Hi, thanks for the welcome into the madhouse.

My previous 52 was abandoned as I had set myself the task to take the photo for the week on the Saturday or Sunday, and then we went on holiday and it just went to pot as the Saturday was spent travelling, and on the Sunday we did a bit more travelling and then pitching a tent and all the setting up tasks involved, that I just couldn't get into it after that. I hope that having a theme to work towards will help this time!

Not sure whether to start with the ODD theme, or just wait for the proper start date! See if I can come up with something.

OK, sorry for the delay in getting started. I now have the Line/Linear entry done. Struggled a bit, as this week I've been going to work and coming home in the dark, so not a lot of chance to sort anything. I did take this image on Friday night, but we went out yesterday and I wondered if I might get something better, but having edited this one, I think I'll stick with it.

View attachment 3683

I like it, crisp, clear and on theme. On my laptop screen it initially looked much more exposed than it actually is and I think it looks a bit better - more abstract. Could be worth playing with?

Hi, like it. Well composed and I don't mind the bright top, I feel it adds depth.

Minor crit would be the dark gap between the pages near the LH side.

Cheers.

I really do like that - excellent composition and lighting - very effective :clap:

Hi, Have to say I like it too, the lighting really makes it, the way it fades in from the top :clap:

Thanks for the comments.

I think the preset effect I added in Lightroom may have added to the lightness at the top, but it wasn't actually blown out when I edited it - I try to make sure there are minimal extremes at either end of the histogram.

The dark gap on the left annoyed me as well, but it was how the pages of the book fell open, and I tried for ages before it looked anything like OK.

The lighting is simply the light next to my computer shining from behind the book, which was wedged between the desk and the back of my chair to prevent it opening too far. Desperation!!

What an excellent image! I really like the minimalism and abstract feel of it. Great concept, very well executed.

Great image, I like it (y)

To me, it wasn't obvious at first glance just what I was looking at and the more I look the more I could see, makes it very interesting :)

Line - Like this. Would maybe crop the top to just include the forward edges of the pages.

Thanks for all the comments, very encouraging. Let's hope it doesn't go downhill from here!!

Anyway, here's my last-minute take on the theme of Play.

View attachment 4010

Good shot. I like how you have brought all the different games in and the pop on the colours.

I like this one, good take on the theme. Maybe a bit too much going on, maybe not, I don't know but either way I like it!

Only criticism would be that I think the words Play and Scrabble should be centralised, it just seems a little bit off to the right although I can see why you cropped like you did because of the squares.

Play: ha..ha...If in doubt, throw every game you own into the frame and hope for the best......and for me this has turned out well. Very busy but the clean sanitised execution makes up for it in my mind. Like it (y)

I likle it - nice selection of board games - well it and composed for me.

Thanks. I had a Scrabble only option, but that appeared to be done already, so I had to have a change of plan! There is a lot going on, but that was the intention.

liking the overhead view and obviously on theme in more ways than one. Can't help thinking there is too much going on in the shot though and one of the games depicted would have been enough.

Back