weekly DK's 52 of 2015 - wk 52 'Christmas' added - FINISHED

hmmm I prefer no. 1 as a picture, but I think no.3 just edges in as more fitting to the theme (vertical), yay more claps :clap:

Relax - good find for the theme nothing to crit.

Vertical - three good choices to pick from, but I a, going to have to go for the third one. The colour and cloud detail in the sky is great and there's detail to be seen in the coloum, so that's a bonus for me. The added bonus is the closeness to the coloum, which keeps me interested in the image.

Relax is a super shot and my kinda relaxing (y)
And vertical im gonna sit on the fence and say all 3 work brilliantly

Hi DK ....phew :eek:are there a lot more posting on here than last year ...the comments seem never ending, must try and keep up and not fall so far behind.

Love your Relaxed shot ....well spotted and great composition, it's as if they posed for that one.

Vertical ....cranes v column:confused: it's hard to choose between the two because they are both excellent in their own right. Both have amazing skies which are perfect for each shot, both super choices for the theme, great composition in both too.

Hi DK, really like your relax shot, nice work.

As for vertical I think I have to go with No2 purely because that's my place of work.

hmmm I prefer no. 1 as a picture, but I think no.3 just edges in as more fitting to the theme (vertical), yay more claps :clap:
Thanks a lot Summer :)

Relax - good find for the theme nothing to crit.
Cool... thanks Mandy :cool:

Vertical - three good choices to pick from, but I a, going to have to go for the third one. The colour and cloud detail in the sky is great and there's detail to be seen in the coloum, so that's a bonus for me. The added bonus is the closeness to the coloum, which keeps me interested in the image.
Thanks again Many, nicely explained :)

Relax is a super shot and my kinda relaxing (y)
And vertical im gonna sit on the fence and say all 3 work brilliantly
Wow... Cheers Simon (y)

Hi DK ....phew :eek:are there a lot more posting on here than last year ...the comments seem never ending, must try and keep up and not fall so far behind.
You ain't wrong there Susie :)

Love your Relaxed shot ....well spotted and great composition, it's as if they posed for that one.
Thank you :)

Vertical ....cranes v column:confused: it's hard to choose between the two because they are both excellent in their own right. Both have amazing skies which are perfect for each shot, both super choices for the theme, great composition in both too.
Thank you again Susie :)

Hi DK, really like your relax shot, nice work.
Cheers John :)

As for vertical I think I have to go with No2 purely because that's my place of work.
Thanks again and Really ?? :)

Hi, #1, plenty of verticals in the cranes and rays of light and the implied verticals on the sand. #2, plenty of verticals, though I might have been tempted to crop the sand out. #3, wonderful sky, I initially thought it had been 'shopped in...but I suspect not.

Cheers.

And for last weeks theme...

While away on holiday last week with a trio of great TP friends, my hope was to ensure with a theme like mouth that Cobra was not the only one submitting 'Gob Shots' ... but despite my effort snapping away at sooooo many cats, dogs, goats and TP'ers there were only a couple I am happy with/would like to post on here.

So here we are - Wk 10 Majorca 'Mouth' shots :)

Wk 10 - Mouth by TP DK, on Flickr

Week 10 - Mouth 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

No question about it for me Dean, the dog one is a fantastic image.
It has such depth to it Dean, there isn't any crit I could add. Perfect(y)

I alway love looking at photographs that were taken when I was there. Although I might not have actually been took with you for #1...thinks that's me gasping at the top :arghh: Well captured and composed. Looks a little orange and I'm not sure if that's what is was..I was took busy going :jawdrop: at the place.

#2, as I said, that's one mangy cat, but it did have character. Was this the one that was deaf??

Cheers.

Like dogs, don't like cats...but bias aside, it's the dog picture for it's sense of scale and the charming expression on the dog's face.

Dog for me and I'm a cat person.

It's the whole scene. The huge amount of steps and the energy expended in climbing them, juxtaposed with the (exhausted) dog having a rest. Great choice of DoF and my only (ridiculous) crit would be that there's a bit too much brown in the image. It really is a shame that the dog blends in to the steps and even though there's a certain compliment to the colours because of it, I'd prefer it if the dog or the steps were a different colour.

Daft I know.

Hi DK, not sure which one for me both good for different reasons the dog looks very relaxed settling on the steps but the cat certainly looks like he is a big character

both worthy of the theme (y)

Dog shot for me too.
Belting image.

Cobra was not the only one submitting 'Gob Shots' ..
Where I lead others follow Dean :D

As already said the dog is cracking shot, very nice DoF and the steps their selves are also "mouth like" leading to the Church(?)

The dog shot - love it, tis an amazing picture :clap:

No question about it for me Dean, the dog one is a fantastic image.
It has such depth to it Dean, there isn't any crit I could add. Perfect(y)
Thank You Mr. Blake, really appreciated coming from you mate :)

I alway love looking at photographs that were taken when I was there. Although I might not have actually been took with you for #1...thinks that's me gasping at the top :arghh:
I know the feeling mate... and shudder at how you must of felt RUNNING up them steps :D

Well captured and composed. Looks a little orange and I'm not sure if that's what is was..I was took busy going :jawdrop: at the place.
Thanks Andy :)

And looking back at it, yes you are correct it does look a tad orange... just a little less warmth required I think :)

#2, as I said, that's one mangy cat, but it did have character. Was this the one that was deaf??

Cheers.
Yes this was the deaf one mate, not sure if it is mangy or just has sunburnt ears - poor thing either way :)

Like dogs, don't like cats...but bias aside, it's the dog picture for it's sense of scale and the charming expression on the dog's face.
Thanks Martin :)

I must say you are very Brand Loyal :D

Dog for me and I'm a cat person.
What you do on the weekends and evenings is entirely up to you Ian :D

It's the whole scene. The huge amount of steps and the energy expended in climbing them, juxtaposed with the (exhausted) dog having a rest. Great choice of DoF and my only (ridiculous) crit would be that there's a bit too much brown in the image. It really is a shame that the dog blends in to the steps and even though there's a certain compliment to the colours because of it, I'd prefer it if the dog or the steps were a different colour.

Daft I know.
Thank You... and yes I do know what you mean, a nice chocolate lab or red setter would have been perfect :)

Mouth

What a cracking image, great stuff.

Phil
Thank you Phil :)

Hi DK, not sure which one for me both good for different reasons the dog looks very relaxed settling on the steps but the cat certainly looks like he is a big character

both worthy of the theme (y)
Thank you Allan :)

Yes they both had great character, the dog due to his engagement with the public, and the cat due to it's deafness and lack of knowing or wanting to know what was happening :)

Dog shot for me too.
Belting image.
Thank you Ruth :)

The Dog image for me too. Oddly it puts me in mind of "The Joker".
Ha Haaaa that's what I thought too, either that or the scream mask :D - Thanks Tim :)

Mouth - love the dog photo :)
Thank you Tracy :)

Where I lead others follow Dean :D
Yeah Right :LOL:

As already said the dog is cracking shot, very nice DoF and the steps their selves are also "mouth like" leading to the Church(?)
Yes it is mate, a church... and thanks :)

The dog shot - love it, tis an amazing picture :clap:
Thank You Summer :)

Mouth ... Two excellent shots DK .... capturing some true Majorcan ambience.
Cheers David... sure is a stunning place :)

Hiya,

Two cracking shots there, I'm not normally a cat person but I'm finding it hard to choose between them.

I think the dog has the edge though - it has a nice sense of scale and I really like the dof. Lovely

All very inspirational stuff in your thread. I like the idea of posting a few options for each theme. May try that at some point.
My fav image so far has to be the flying companions, second crop works better!

Cheers

You been away on holiday you never said you should have mentioned it more ;)

The dog pic is a fantastic capture such an obliging pooch to do that at the prefect time.

Love your mouth shots - especially the dog one. Like the composition. Big mouth for a small looking dog! :)

Now then matey.....I'm still wading through all my shots from the trip....next time I need to " step away from the camera" :D

Kitty shot for me....I just love it, he was so cute & the old worn door provided such a great backdrop to set off his lovely ( if slightly tatty ) white fur :clap:

Hi there, well behind on comments, but trying to have a mass catch up this week

Patterns - I like all 3 of the photos but I prefer no 1, just because of bringing the water/froth into as well, and I think it breaks it up. It's composed nicely, and fits the theme really well.

Bliss - I like this one, again suits the theme, i like the colours reflected in the glass. I bet this was relatively difficult to get right, and its better than I would do. I would have prefered to see a bit more exposure on the popcorn and you, and a little bit less on the movie(althought I dont actually think this would work as well) so the comment almost cancels itself out.

Fragile - This works well, nicely exposed and even though set up, it's one of those occasions that happens more often than I would like lol.

Scenic - This is a really great photo and I prefer it with the windmill. I've nothing else to add because it works perfectly for me.

Companions - Nice action shot, I would argue theres a bit too much foreground but possibly me being too picky. I'm also on the fence about which side to crop from.

Elegant - Can't see it sorry?

Watery - I like number 2 out of the three. I tried to get a sailing boat for a different theme, bold, but couldnt bloody find one anywhere strangely enough. Well fitted to the theme :)

Bold - Both photos work well, I like selective colour etc but i think no 1 steals it. I agree with a couple of others where i would have liked to see all 3 tins in focus.

Relax - This is my favourite from yours so far, it just fits the theme well and is a really well taken photo.I wouldnt change anything.

Vetical - It's number 3 for me, the single focus of 1 item VS the bold sky just works. I like it. Seems a tiny bit wonky to me, but its v.hard to tell from here.

Mouth - Ill take the dog photo for me, its another good one, and is great for the theme, i also did a dog releated one lol. Your DOF here is great and I think its bang on for the effect you were going for.

Crowd

Oooh, the dog shot's a cracker, I honestly can't see anything about it that could be changed for the better. Bravo! :)

Hiya,

Two cracking shots there, I'm not normally a cat person but I'm finding it hard to choose between them.

I think the dog has the edge though - it has a nice sense of scale and I really like the dof. Lovely
Thank You Lorraine :)

All very inspirational stuff in your thread. I like the idea of posting a few options for each theme. May try that at some point.
Thanks Bob... I do like to give a few options, though normally because I struggle to pick myself :)
My fav image so far has to be the flying companions, second crop works better!

Cheers
Thanks again Bob :)

You been away on holiday you never said you should have mentioned it more ;)
Ahhhh that I should have :D

Seems such a looooong time ago now :crying:

The dog pic is a fantastic capture such an obliging pooch to do that at the prefect time.
He/She sure was... thanks Simon :)

Last edited:
Mouth - two nice photos bang on theme, much prefer the composition of the second image.
Thank you Mandy :)

Love your mouth shots - especially the dog one. Like the composition. Big mouth for a small looking dog! :)
That's what I thought... such a MEGA yawn :)

Now then matey.....I'm still wading through all my shots from the trip....next time I need to " step away from the camera" :D
I know the feeling... I STILL have loads to go through :whistle:

Kitty shot for me....I just love it, he was so cute & the old worn door provided such a great backdrop to set off his lovely ( if slightly tatty ) white fur :clap:
Thanks Lynne :)

Looking forward to seeing a few more of your shots :)

Hi there, well behind on comments, but trying to have a mass catch up this week
Me too... and doing the same when I can :)

Patterns - I like all 3 of the photos but I prefer no 1, just because of bringing the water/froth into as well, and I think it breaks it up. It's composed nicely, and fits the theme really well.

Bliss - I like this one, again suits the theme, i like the colours reflected in the glass. I bet this was relatively difficult to get right, and its better than I would do. I would have prefered to see a bit more exposure on the popcorn and you, and a little bit less on the movie(althought I dont actually think this would work as well) so the comment almost cancels itself out.
Ha Haaaa I get what you are saying though !!!

Fragile - This works well, nicely exposed and even though set up, it's one of those occasions that happens more often than I would like lol.
I bet that doesn't get you in the good books :)

Scenic - This is a really great photo and I prefer it with the windmill. I've nothing else to add because it works perfectly for me.
Thank you very much (y)

Companions - Nice action shot, I would argue theres a bit too much foreground but possibly me being too picky. I'm also on the fence about which side to crop from.
Hmmmm could be right on both bits there... I do actually prefer with the gap to the RH now :)

Elegant - Can't see it sorry?
It was worth a go :D

Watery - I like number 2 out of the three. I tried to get a sailing boat for a different theme, bold, but couldnt bloody find one anywhere strangely enough. Well fitted to the theme :)
Thanks again :)

Bold - Both photos work well, I like selective colour etc but i think no 1 steals it. I agree with a couple of others where i would have liked to see all 3 tins in focus.
I must try that one day... IF I ever get some spare time :(

Relax - This is my favourite from yours so far, it just fits the theme well and is a really well taken photo.I wouldnt change anything.
Cool - Thanks :cool:

Vetical - It's number 3 for me, the single focus of 1 item VS the bold sky just works. I like it. Seems a tiny bit wonky to me, but its v.hard to tell from here.
Oh Dear... I hope it is level :O

Mouth - Ill take the dog photo for me, its another good one, and is great for the theme, i also did a dog releated one lol. Your DOF here is great and I think its bang on for the effect you were going for.
Many thanks... I also enjoyed taking this one as the dog was Soooooo friendly :)

You will be waiting a while LOL :LOL:

What a GREAT catch up form you - Many Thanks for the effort taken to quote :clap:

Now opening up a tab to catch up on yours soon :)

Due to a couple of manic weeks and another coming up I have failed to get out to do 'Crowd' so I will be coming back to this one in the next few weeks to ensure I get something I am happy with :)

Moving on... here is this weeks, nothing special and certainly not original, but I must say I enjoyed getting my 100mm macro out and having a play around with lights, trying to get the best compromise between DoF depth and closeness, I am hoping I have got in close enough with this...

Wk 12 - a Close Up Flower :)

Wk 12 - Close Up by TP DK, on Flickr

Close up, lovely flower, nice and bright with good detail in the centre (what ever its called).

Not sure if it's the lighting but some of the detail seems to be lost in the petals :thinking:

Have a relaxed week BTW :exit:

Back