weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

The car park shot is fascinating - I could spend hours trying to read the text - where is it? Someone obviously cares a lot about the building! For the theme though, it has to be the first. beautifully framed with wonderful textures and that open door asks a lot of questions..

3 great images for Entrance Dean.

No's 1 and 3 are my favourite

No1 Perfect for the theme and having the door slightly ajar really adds to the feel of the image and imo takes the image to a completely different level to the image if it had been closed.

No3 Loving the details and textures

#3 for me too. I'd like to see it either tighter cropped or from a little further out....maybe even a vignette drawing your attention to the door at the top of the spiral stairs.

Hi Dean, #1 is definitely the most appropriate for the 52 theme but the last one is intriguing and therefore far more compelling as an image for me. A portrait crop of the entrance and stairwell would be even more powerful IMHO but great spots and well delivered for this week's theme (y)
Thanks Paul :) with it being close to/on the corner I struggled to get an image I liked :)
I had to stand at a slight angle to stop the edge of the staircase lapping the building, but then difficult to crop :thinking:

JI3A4396 by TP DK, on Flickr

JI3A4437 by TP DK, on Flickr

The car park shot is fascinating - I could spend hours trying to read the text - where is it?
I agree Emma, I tried reading for a while but there is so much of it, it is VAST and the sentences do seem to go around the building... In Norwich :)

Someone obviously cares a lot about the building!
They certainly passionate... or MAD :D

For the theme though, it has to be the first. beautifully framed with wonderful textures and that open door asks a lot of questions..
Thank you :)

3 great images for Entrance Dean.

No's 1 and 3 are my favourite
Thanks Mark, mine too :)

No1 Perfect for the theme and having the door slightly ajar really adds to the feel of the image and imo takes the image to a completely different level to the image if it had been closed.
To be honest yes I totally agree, I got a few shots of it prior to opening and it looked in interesting - Thank you again :)

No3 Loving the details and textures
:)

Hi DK well at first I thought #1 but then looked on Flickr at the detail in that brickwork on #3 and its stunning ....I love it, so it definitely gets my vote :clap:
Cool - Thanks Susie :) :)

#3 for me too. I'd like to see it either tighter cropped or from a little further out....maybe even a vignette drawing your attention to the door at the top of the spiral stairs.
Hmmmmm good thinking Ian !!!

Not got time to edit tonight as hoping to do an hour of comments every night until I catch up (Got until 10:00pm tonight :D)

Hi Dean the first one for me. Dark, Sinister and inviting with the door open. I d have to try in B&W

Chris
Thanks Chris :)

Yes B&W another I should try - thank you (y)

And onto this weeks...

Well another nice busy week, but keen to keep up and get out of the house with my camera as much as possible (Rather than quick indoor or garden shots) I popped out again with my daughter, today I wanted to play with the illusion of size so picked a nice local tall building that I hoped would fit the bill... I rotated the image to aid the pushing look, as with the lighthouse correctly upright it did not make sense...

I am pleased with the colours of the location but slightly disappointed with the sky, I had a polariser fitted which helped quite a bit... I hope to pop back here when we have a bit of a summer stormy day and/or when the crops have grown (Hoping for something vibrant :)

here you go - Week 21 - SIZE

Wk 21 - Size by TP DK, on Flickr

And here is the another idea (I tried several but this is one of the other more successful) the sky was again very disappointing hence 2nd choice :)

Wk 21 - Size 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Liking both of those, DK. That type of shot is a lot harder to pull of than you think too!

Sky isn't great as you say, but what can you do!? A very good effort, sir.

Couple of good ones there DK :)
When I saw the first shot in the main thread I thought 'clever - that's pushing it back upright'.
I think I actually prefer the second one though (even though, as you say, the sky's not as good).

I agree with Tim, both are very well done but the second really nails the effect. I might have cloned out the bit of tree at the bottom left of the lighthouse but it works very well anyway.

Hi, both work well but I prefer the second one because its straight I don't think the angle of the first one is needed, the sky doesn't bother me as its pretty irrelevant to the subject really, very clever indeed

Couple of good ones there DK :)
Thanks Tim :)
When I saw the first shot in the main thread I thought 'clever - that's pushing it back upright'.
Yay !!! that was the plan - thanks :)
I think I actually prefer the second one though (even though, as you say, the sky's not as good).
Haaaa that's what Mrs DK said too :)

I agree with Tim, both are very well done but the second really nails the effect. I might have cloned out the bit of tree at the bottom left of the lighthouse but it works very well anyway.
Thanks Chris :)

Well spotted, I did actually think that, but the hours were slipping away with me so took the plunge to edit no more :)

Prefer no2 Dean, agree shame about the sky. Like the idea. I am still thinking of my options for size
Thanks too Chris :)

Nowt we can do with the weather hey :)... good luck with yours (y)

Those shots are such good fun - you've done really well with both of them. I think it's the second one for me, as well - it really does look as if your daughter is lifting the whole lighthouse up. (y)
Cool - Thanks Emma :)

Jazzy really enjoyed herself, it's great having some quality time with her again at weekends when she is at home :)

Hiya Dean

I really like the second one for Size. It just works perfectly. Very smartly done and the overcast sky has done wonders for the lighting on both subjects (y) You could up the exposure if you wanted though :)
Cheers Paul (y) there was no cloning involved just loads of direction as to hand placement, boy was it fun :D

Hmmm upping the exposure, what on the whole image ??

Hi, both work well but I prefer the second one because its straight I don't think the angle of the first one is needed, the sky doesn't bother me as its pretty irrelevant to the subject really, very clever indeed
Ahhh thanks Allan nice to know about the first :)

Hi DK. Yes, second for me too - perhaps the scaling is more pronounced with that. Well composed to get the hands spot on. Nice one Dean. (y)

two clever interpretations Dean :)
Second one for me also :)

Finally getting around to catching up with others

Horizontal, loads of them going on, really like the panoramic of it, kept all the shadows in, nice image
Vast, I think I prefer the St Peters one, it certainly looks vast, and the way you have centred it helps the effect
Rough, make me feel a bit dizzy :), I keep wondering what it would look like in B&W? It is one cool staircase!
Covered, in many ways :) Liking the patterns of the tattoo's
Colourful, nice depth of field and certainly colourful!
Entrance, I think I like the first one, nice textures and the open door makes a difference!
Size, like others have said, I think the second is the better image

Last edited:
Hello DK,

Horizontal - wow, such a good image, wonderful framing and the light is perfect.
Vast - all four are good in different way. Number 4 for me though. The thought of floating away looking down is powerful and the sky and clouds are lovely
Rough - that stair case is something else, would love to see that in B&W. Brilliant image.
Covered - .liking this, something about this, definitely 3Dness and good colour and sharpness.
Colourful - vibrant, shame they are still but that would have been difficult to photograph properly
Vast - all great but number three is epic. Some much to look at and interesting.
Entrance - wow, three top images but the third is epic. I could spend hours there.
Size, number two for me, both excellent.

That would make a belting long exposure to get the people to Ghost like Alexey Titarenko's work....superb photographer.

Cheers.

short.jpg
[/QUOTE]

there is a cool video on YouTube with him explaining his work to The Art Of Photography. Hope its okay for the link to the video.

http://theartofphotography.tv/episodes/artist-series-alexey-titarenko/

Last edited:
Excellent DK, there's no beating this kind of illusion for the SIZE theme. And you two have pulled it off. :clap:

Your young model must be patient, standing there with you shouting endless instructions.

Hi DK. Yes, second for me too - perhaps the scaling is more pronounced with that. Well composed to get the hands spot on. Nice one Dean. (y)
Cheers Carl :)

two clever interpretations Dean :)
Second one for me also :)
Blimey - another... Cheers too Chris :)

Finally getting around to catching up with others
I know the feeling :)

Horizontal, loads of them going on, really like the panoramic of it, kept all the shadows in, nice image
Thanks Lee - Glad you noticed :)
Vast, I think I prefer the St Peters one, it certainly looks vast, and the way you have centred it helps the effect
Cheers :)
Rough, make me feel a bit dizzy :), I keep wondering what it would look like in B&W? It is one cool staircase!
Agree... wish I could go back... maybe one day :)
Covered, in many ways :) Liking the patterns of the tattoo's
Thanks again :)
Colourful, nice depth of field and certainly colourful!
:)
Entrance, I think I like the first one, nice textures and the open door makes a difference!
Glad I chose the right one with that theme, seems size I was totally wrong as to peoples likely opinion :D
, like others have said, I think the second is the better image
More than happy to be told that... thanks for all the comments, appreciated :thumbs

Hello DK,
Hey Lee :)

Horizontal - wow, such a good image, wonderful framing and the light is perfect.
Cool - thanks :cool
Vast - all four are good in different way. Number 4 for me though. The thought of floating away looking down is powerful and the sky and clouds are lovely
Ahhh first one to choose it, thank you :)
Rough - that stair case is something else, would love to see that in B&W. Brilliant image.
Thank you and sure agree :thumbs
Covered - .liking this, something about this, definitely 3Dness and good colour and sharpness.
Glad you like it :)
Colourful - vibrant, shame they are still but that would have been difficult to photograph properly
It would have been nice to have a bity more blue sky :)
Vast - all great but number three is epic. Some much to look at and interesting.
Thank you again :)
Entrance - wow, three top images but the third is epic. I could spend hours there
Me too, I must return before it gets destroyed - Cheers :)
umber two for me, both excellent.
Appreciate that, and the massive catch up on comments too :)

s a cool video on YouTube with him explaining his work to The Art Of Photography. Hope its okay for the link to the video.

http://theartofphotography.tv/episodes/artist-series-alexey-titarenko/
Ahhhh must watch that, will add to my viewing list :)

Excellent DK, there's no beating this kind of illusion for the SIZE theme. And you two have pulled it off. :clap:
Cheers David, cheers much so :)

Your young model must be patient, standing there with you shouting endless instructions.
Well... yes I did go on a bit :LOL:

Hi Dean

2 really strong shots for Size I really like both but No2 just edges it for me.
Thank you Mark :)

So here is mine...

For this week I Jumped in the car and drove down the road for 5 minutes to a different local beach, I had my fingers crossed for a high tide but it wasn't so, anyway, having forgot my filters, strong winds and poor light I got a few options, all didn't turn out too bad considering, I didn't get as much water movement as I was wanting or many crashing waves, but I got a little bit of both... another spot for a sunrise one day !!

Wk 22 - Forgotten

Week 22 - Forgotten by TP DK, on Flickr

Hey Dean. Good thinking behind that shot; the sea looks rough enough. Excellent composition and Minnie's colourful attire is striking. Have to ask, did someone take the Mickey?

Hey Dean. Have to ask, did someone take the Mickey?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great take on the theme Dean Minnie really stands out not sure she will be smiling a few seconds after the picture was taken when she got drowned!

Love the leading lines and detail in the image

Good setting for the shot, there seems to be enough wave movement to me, certainly fits the bill.

I Jumped in the car and drove down the road for 5 minutes to a different local beach
You can go right off some people :p

Interesting image Dean, lots of movement and nice composition too :)

Hey Dean. Good thinking behind that shot; the sea looks rough enough. Excellent composition and Minnie's colourful attire is striking. Have to ask, did someone take the Mickey?
Hahaaaa - Thanks Carl :D

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Great take on the theme Dean Minnie really stands out not sure she will be smiling a few seconds after the picture was taken when she got drowned!

Love the leading lines and detail in the image
Thanks Mark - She did get a bit of a wet arse :)

Poor Minnie - call the lifeboat! I love the lines, too and Minnie looks suitably surreal 'abandoned' there.
Thank you Emma, they do have a lifeboat at Caister-On-Sea close to where I took this, would love to catch them going out one day :)

Good setting for the shot, there seems to be enough wave movement to me, certainly fits the bill.
Thank you Chris :)

I did wonder whether it would be enough to add just a tad of silkiness or just look unfocused, I'm satisfied although a tad more would have been nice :)

Yup, nice zig zag there. Nice sense of movement in the water and I hope you managed to salvage Mini :)

Cheers.
I sure did mate, Jazzy would not have been happy if I didn't :D

You can go right off some people :p
:naughty:

Interesting image Dean, lots of movement and nice composition too :)
Cheers Chris :)

Dean, my Daughter would be cringing at this, she's a mad Disney fan ! You can imagine all sorts around this photo.
How the toy was forgotten, was it swept with the storm. The bright colour is a nice contrast against the grimy water

Entrance - I like your 1st one best for the theme, simple but effective, but I really like the 3rd building too.
Size - I like the 2nd one best too
forgotten - I like the zigzag line. Poor Minnie, she really stands out though.

Back