weekly DK's 52 of 2016 - Week 52 'Celebrate" added and COMPLETED

I like the expression on the womans face on the left, I bet she won't be wearing that coat this winter. The pattern is certainly big and bold, the model looks a bit miserable.

My gosh - what an amazing invitation. Beautifully taken DK - excellent DoF and colour. I'd be over the moon with that one. :clap:

I wonder if models use shoe horns when getting changed :D

I'm just envious, it's a nice take on the theme and a very good photo, you lucky so-and-so

I like the expression on the womans face on the left, I bet she won't be wearing that coat this winter. The pattern is certainly big and bold, the model looks a bit miserable.
Haaa thank you :)

All the models were deadly serious, speaking to the pro press photographer next to me in the pit, he said it is rare to get anything other than a straight face, I believe it's the clothing that is taking centre stage :)
My gosh - what an amazing invitation. Beautifully taken DK - excellent DoF and colour. I'd be over the moon with that one. :clap:
Thanks a LOT Carl :)

It was a great day, and sooooo want to do it again :)

I wonder if models use shoe horns when getting changed :D
Hahaaaa :D

I'm just envious, it's a nice take on the theme and a very good photo, you lucky so-and-so
Thanks Chris :)

Get you :p what a fantastic opportunity
Te Heeee :) :)

:agree:

It now makes sense of the image Dean. Well done to earn such a fantatstic day (y)
Thanks Jill, it was lots of big things for me, I was wondering if I got that across okay, as not obvious from the image for sure :)

Wow...that looks so professional to me - I could easily see it in the Sunday newspapers. What a fantastic opportunity and it looks like you made the most of it :)
Thank you Emma :)

Yes, Mrs Dk and myself made a weekend of it, best weekend for a long while, so much to take in :)

What a great opportunity! Looks very professional indeed, great framing, great colours and suitably detached look on the model's face.

Imagine if you'd shot with a Nikon ;)

OK, firstly, well done for doing something I suspect I'll never do :clap:

Fight, crit, some off the RHS to looked the cropped model and some of the dead space on the top.

Now, I do like the concentration on the faces of the ladies on the LHR.

Nice and sharp and WB looks spot on.

Must have been very exciting there :)

Cheers.

A day to remember
some nice colour and light nice take.
Thank you Walter :)

Well done to you DK :clap:what an amazing opportunity, it must have been a fabulous day. I love your choice for the theme ...I thought 'big check' when I first saw the photo ...now I know its 'big cheque' instead :)
Hahaaaa thanks Susie, any size cheque would have been nice :D

Just happy to have the opportunity and to keep the copyright of the images and allowed to use where I want :)

Imagine if you'd shot with a Nikon ;)
Hahaaaa that would have been naughty... there again I have entered to go on a Nikon invite/event Day with my tog buddy Sarah, if we get accepted I'm going to put a Nikon sticker on my Canon :D

OK, firstly, well done for doing something I suspect I'll never do :clap:
Thank you :) and why not you, do you not fancy ??

Fight, crit, some off the RHS to looked the cropped model and some of the dead space on the top.
Good point... would that make it a tad thin :thinking:

Now, I do like the concentration on the faces of the ladies on the LHR.
Cool - me too :)

Nice and sharp and WB looks spot on.
Annnd thanks, thankfully they told us the best settings for the lights being used as no Speedlight's allowed, settings were:

WB K3400
ISO 1600
f4 to f5
minimum 1/400s
Must have been very exciting there :)

Cheers.
It was mate, a great atmosphere, hosts were Laura Jackson and Jack Guinness they set the scene well, loved it :) :) :)

Hi Dean

Sorry not commented for a while holidays and being manic at work has really not given me time!

Anyway I love the colours of the cloths the models is wearing in Big what a fantastic opportunity

4X6 crop works well.

Anyway, have a great holiday :)

Cheers.
Cheers mate :)

Hi Dean

Sorry not commented for a while holidays and being manic at work has really not given me time!

Anyway I love the colours of the cloths the models is wearing in Big what a fantastic opportunity
Thanks Mark, no worries, we all go though spells like that :)

Ah right DK, I did wonder about the connection to the theme, but I get it now.
Very well captured, nice and sharp, it captures fashion well.
Cheers Tim :D

Right... a bit of a catch up going on here, first of all one from one of my holidays.

A wonderful place is Lefkas, we had loads of walks, and on one of the first days we found a nice area for a walk along a small harbour, and I spotted this building that was well run down, in fact it had not been 'Looked AFTER' for a while :D

Wk 40 - not looked 'After'

Wk 40 - not looked 'After'
:facepalm:
And yet another convert to the shoe horn ( or is that shoe queen (yes I'm watching you :D ) ) club (y)

Nice detailed image Dean lots of textures and colours :)

Shoe horns rock :)
Loving the delicate blues of the very tired door and shutters, there is a lot of detail in that shot in it's entireity.
It must have been a nightmare deciding which vertical (?) to have verical in the shot, as nothing in that building looks plumb...

:facepalm:
And yet another convert to the shoe horn ( or is that shoe queen (yes I'm watching you :D ) ) club (y)
Well... I don't like feeling left out :LOL:

Nice detailed image Dean lots of textures and colours :)
Thanks mate :)

Shoe horns rock :)
Loving the delicate blues of the very tired door and shutters, there is a lot of detail in that shot in it's entireity.
It must have been a nightmare deciding which vertical (?) to have verical in the shot, as nothing in that building looks plumb...
Thanks Tim... Yes I did struggle on that mate, chose the left hand elements in the end and left the RH as wonky as was :)

(y) to rocking shoehorns

The type of shot I love when abroad - such quaint little homes. Certainly looks uncared for and far from it's best. Really like the detail in the roof and the beautiful blue woodwork of the door and window.

The type of shot I love when abroad - such quaint little homes. Certainly looks uncared for and far from it's best. Really like the detail in the roof and the beautiful blue woodwork of the door and window.
Me too Carl, if it was in this country it would not be as acceptable in my opinion, but there it is pure character (y)

Really like your shoe horn Dean!:p

Great details and colour, Really like the composition and how the wall on the left hand side leads you into the image.

Shoe-horn or not, I like the derelict building with the bright blue board in front of door and window.

Wonderful textures and blues - I like the detail of the rocks holding the door shut, too.
Thank you Em :)

Really like your shoe horn Dean!:p
:mooning:

:D

Great details and colour, Really like the composition and how the wall on the left hand side leads you into the image.
Cheers mate :)

See... there was 'some' thought in it :D

Shoe-horn or not, I like the derelict building with the bright blue board in front of door and window.
Thanks Bernd (y)

Andddddd on the next Shoehorn Shot...

This was quite a tough theme whilst walking around Lefkas, I did think about a macro of a bug, but I didn't take my macro lens with me, but when visiting a real nice Monastery Ruin it came to me...

Not only is it 'Alien', but this sign is totally Greek to me !!!

:whistle:

Wk 41 - Alien by TP DK, on Flickr

"after" would like to see just the door maybe for the texture that would be there, but not looked after is good enough for me

"alien" totally greek to me too, seems to be a bit of target practice going on with the sign

It certainly is alien, I expect very old. I bet its got a lot of history to it.

Last edited:
Hi DK ... I'm falling miles behind here ... too much skiving off.

So Pair and Captive reshoot were both taken on your 40s day! I think I'd enjoy an event like that ... aim a camera at people without feeling guilty. I like them both ... good light and skin tones.

And Big as in Big & Bold fashion show ... another great gig for people shots. Well composed showing her frontal, but it leaves me wanting to know what's going on BG RHS.

not looked 'After' is a cheeky one. Colourful dilapidation ... nice.

Alien ... double dutch innit!

Lovely selection of texture and colour in your After shot DK, I like the interpretation for the theme ....a shoehorn ....surely not :)
I LIKE YOU LOTS :D ... thanks Susie, shoehorn wise it's going to be tough to get to @Cobra level :)

There's been some excellent interpretations for Alien and yours joins them, a spot on choice for the theme.
Thanks again Susie :)

"after" would like to see just the door maybe for the texture that would be there, but not looked after is good enough for me
Cheers mate, these couple were more of 'stretching the theme' rather than crowbarred in :)

"alien" totally greek to me too, seems to be a bit of target practice going on with the sign
Doesn't it just Hahaaaa - Thanks Allan :)

Ha ha like that one Dean looks like an lovely place to go round with the camera.
It was Mark yes, although I did get rained off, it was pleasant, was a bit of a rough track getting to it :D

It certainly is alien, I expect very old. I bet its got a lot of history to it.
It dates back to the 17th century I think, was a major part of the Greek revolution, shame it is in such a mess :(

Hi DK ... I'm falling miles behind here ... too much skiving off.
Glad you mentioned it... I'll make a note of that ;)

So Pair and Captive reshoot were both taken on your 40s day! I think I'd enjoy an event like that ... aim a camera at people without feeling guilty. I like them both ... good light and skin tones.
Thanks David, it was a cracking day, going to go again next year and we are all going fancy dress too :D

And Big as in Big & Bold fashion show ... another great gig for people shots. Well composed showing her frontal, but it leaves me wanting to know what's going on BG RHS.
There was lots going on mate, flashy lights, loud music, cameras clicking all around, really enjoyed it (I still have a couple of hundred pics to edit from there yet :D

not looked 'After' is a cheeky one. Colourful dilapidation ... nice.
I'll accept Cheeky - Thanks :LOL:

... double dutch innit!
Innit just !!!

Don't forget though, you were the Alien there :p
Ahhh well thought young man ::
Nicely shoehorned (y)
Why thank you master of shoehorn :D

Why thank you master of shoehorn :D
No problem, I like to compliment a decent shoe horn, in the hope that I'll have more than half of you on it before the 2017, 52'ers kick off :D

Back