Donnie's 52 2017 - Week 26,27,28 and all added!!!

An excellent set of images Paul with Hairy and Smooth the top shots in my opinion, mainly because of the lighting and detail. :clap:

A couple of great shots, standing out for me are the hairy selfie with spot on lighting, and the egg (which looks much better on flickr)!

Hairy - excellent portrait, I really like the lighting
Smooth - simple idea but works incredibly well, wish I'd thought of it! :)

Hi Paul,
Smooth - I must have missed you adding this one yesterday...
Nicely symmetrical. I quite like the lighting, with the vignette , it adds even more focus to an already simple composition.

Love that portrait ... the way it's lit and that mean eye looking down at me. :eek:

The egg is a beaut ... I'm inspired.

Great catch up.

Order, good choice, just enough reflections at their feet.

Comfy, always love a kitty shot, they can be my fall back shot too.

Hairy, great moody shot, probably try not to let your nose break out past the edge of your face.

Smooth, cracking idea, looks great.

A superb set of images Paul!
Order - love the hint of reflection under the ornaments
Comfort - I would never have thought have cropping so close, but with your cat's position it works so well
Hairy and smooth are the stand out shots with great lighting. A superb self portrait and I've seen the egg shot done before, but rarely so well. Looking forward to seeing more, as @d00d said - inspiring!

Love Smooth - a simple but well executed shot. Love the use of 2 forks interlinked like that.

It is very well done, it would prehaps be even better if the middle of the bottle wasn't lost in the background but I appreciate how difficult doing somehting like this must have been.

It is very well done, it would prehaps be even better if the middle of the bottle wasn't lost in the background but I appreciate how difficult doing somehting like this must have been.

It's deliberatly lit like that as theres little to the middle ie no label etc. :)

I've just been reading the very lengthy discussion in the thread about whether or not water is a mineral too, which might explain why so few actually shot water for this :eek::eek:
However, theres a very simple answer to this, the label says it is :):):)

I hope you enjoyed the discussion about water v garlic ha ha. Great minds and all that. Funnily enough, I've been trying out light painting - nowhere near as good as what you've done here .. blooming marvellous. Excellent shot.

I hope you enjoyed the discussion about water v garlic ha ha. Great minds and all that. Funnily enough, I've been trying out light painting - nowhere near as good as what you've done here .. blooming marvellous. Excellent shot.

it's very trial and error Carl, it took approximately 80 shots in total to get this. Many were simply ensuring focus, others setting exposure then the rest getting a swirl I was happy with :)

Great light painting shot, and the mineral water bottle is nice and sharp if a bit underexposed in the middle.

I don't think it matters that the bottle is a little lost, interesting idea with the swirly light

Excellent shot. Really like how dark the bottle is and the swirl of light is fab :)

Very well captured, great sense of motion in the milk and the little droplets really add something, is that a double walled glass?

Nice one Paul - like the small globules of milk caught mid air. Like.

Great shot for whole, excellent timing and well lit.

Coming from behind with a great shot like this is fine with me. I love it and beautifully on Whole theme and best too imo, great BG lighting and love the four milk drops, fantastic and well done :plus1::plus1:

Cheers :)

Very well captured, great sense of motion in the milk and the little droplets really add something, is that a double walled glass?

It is indeed double walled, great for hot drinks!

Nice one Paul - like the small globules of milk caught mid air. Like.
(y)

Really like the the swirly light on mineral, it works very well. Excellent idea with the milk, that deep black background shows it off perfectly.

Thanks, was deliberately going for low key again as not done much for ages.

Great shot for whole, excellent timing and well lit.

(y)(y)

Back