Donnie's 52 2017 - Week 26,27,28 and all added!!!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Moonage Daydream by David Bowie

Week 0 - Moonage Daydream by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

The shot itself is a merge of 2, 1 exposed for the moon, one for the stars then both layered so I could apply a mask and bring through the stars from one to the other.

Shot on micro 4/3rds Olympus em10 Mark 1 and 12-50 lens.

Given it's coming up to the first anniversary of David Bowies death this felt right to me.
Moonage Daydream by David Bowie
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDj3shXvco

Last edited:
Excellent shot and a great song.

Well done Paul - nice bit of processing to merge the images. Great one for the theme and well timed for a Bowie title

I thought "Dark Side of the Moon" when I saw the image, but Moonage Daydream works well too.
Ziggy is a great album, with the wonderful Mick Ronson on guitar :)

Very cleverly done composition to get both the moon and stars in. :clap:
Having set this standard in week 0, you've got a lot to live up to for the next 52...

Great astro shot, very clean and well processed.

I also thought Dark Side of the Moon at first. The detail in the moon is my favorite part.

So love the moon shot, its stunning. With the stars blended in its a real beautiful photo. Great start.:clap:

Playing Catch up!!!

Week 1 - Order (I had ordered ironically, some russian dolls from ebay but they never arrived, that and some night shifts scuppered me) So, here's some dust collectors of the wife's as way of catch up. In order of size.

Week 1 - Order by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Hi Paul,

Order - Bang on theme :) I like the strong black background, the idea and use of diagonals.
Not quite so sure on the DoF, the right hand tortoise is pretty much oof, and it would in my opinion be better in focus.
Smaller aperture and longer exposure would help in my view.

Comfort - Cool cat portrait, doing what the do best, sleeping.
I like that it's sharp across the board and pops from the black background.

Hairy - Excellent moody shot. Good to see a catch-light and interesting rembrandt style lighting, taken to the extreme.
Great shot :)

Order is a cracker I think, good placing of the turtles on a good BG. Comfort is another great shot, lovely cat sleeping in/on comfort with a great BG choice. Hairy, what a great selfie, and scary with the brill lighting :) Smooth is nice, good that it is all in focus with the egg on the forks. Question now, on the smooth shot what are the rings as I get that every so often ?

Order - spot on for the theme, nice clean black background, cute little ornaments as well.

Comfort - again another good bg, good image of the cat retaining the detail in the cats fur, got to be my fav cat shot so far.

Hairy - brilliant composition, good use of light as well, certainly very hairy. A really good portrait shot, and clean bg as well, top work my friend.

Smooth - really fantastic shot, and my favourite for the theme. I love everything about this image, i dont even mind the pale vignetting.

Do you mean the vignetting? Maybe thats what you mean?

If that is the four corners then not that, just looking on your flickr and when you blow it up, it shows up. I was just wondering as get that too some times. The only way I can think of how to say, is once a stone is thrown in water, all the rings go from the centre to out of frame.

Last edited:
Ah i get it now, the subtle rings almost like a sound wave coming from the centre of the picture?
I think thats a combination of adding the vignette in processing and some diffraction from the lens. Think it sometimes happens with some lenses in certain situations.

Ah i get it now, the subtle rings almost like a sound wave coming from the centre of the picture?
I think thats a combination of adding the vignette in processing and some diffraction from the lens. Think it sometimes happens with some lenses in certain situations.

That`s it and thanks, just did not know how to say (y)

That's a great egg shot. Simple and effective, it certainly is smooth and great detail.

Back