weekly Donnie's 52 for '24 - Week 2 - Hard added.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
A week late but better than not at all! I've tried this challenge several times over the years and failed to finish every year! Maybe this will be the one!

Anyway, Close to home is a simple shot of the frost on my car roof, Iphone shot, converted to mono and a little sharpening plus a slight vignette and I'm out of the paddock! :ROFLMAO:

Great image. Don't stress being late. But I want to encourage you to keep at it.

Thanks all for the encouragement :) As part of keeping up before tomorrows theme here's week 2's Hard.

Shot on my Sony RX100vii on a sheet of white paper with light from my patio window to create some shadow and depth.
Converted to black and white (Nik Collection Silver Efex pro 2) to enhance the rough metal of the hammer, a little vignette to help the eye focus on both the (hard) equation and hammer.
So, as Hard was the brief I think I've met it in 4 different ways.
1. It was hard to come up with something original as many's first thoughts were "Hard as Nails".
2. A hard tool, ie hammer.
3. The difficult / hard equation
and finally
4. The equation itself is Vickers Hardness equation which is used to measure the hardness of objects.

That works well on all counts Paul.
And as an aside, what a belter of a camera the RX100 series are. I have the Mk6

That certainly works!

Thanks for the explanation - I was about to try and look it up.

That works well on all counts Paul.
And as an aside, what a belter of a camera the RX100 series are. I have the Mk6
Cheers and yes, love the RX100 really still getting my head round it to be fair despite watching several youtube vids.
That certainly works!

Thanks for the explanation - I was about to try and look it up.
LOL, yes, I thought it would be worth adding the explanation :)

Nice idea and nicely processed.

If I was being hyper-critical, I'd like to have seen a bit of pure white in the brightest parts of the paper. As you said it was white paper, but it feels a little 'grey'.
I get it, it was hard to get it pure white without letting the hammer become too light, then I ended up noticing the almost linen nature of the paper and just left it like that lol.

Love that Paul :) Very well thought out and shot!

A great idea for the theme Paul and I'm glad you explained the equation to save me looking it up. :)

Close to home-fits the theme and nicely processed, I thought it was a macro of a leaf :)

Week 2 hard, definitely fits the theme and good info - I’m sure an equation or 2 will come in handy for a theme this year, consider the idea stolen :)

Back