weekly Downton Mini's '52 for 2016 Week 52 Celebration THe FInal Chapter!!!

First one in the set is the clear winner in many ways, I like it for the overall feel as much as the "on theme" part .

Well I got my week 41 sorted not entirely happy with it but I'm getting my gear ready to go on a ragged Victorians shoot tomorrow.

ALIEN by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

My other which came from @Cobra from a comment he made in one of the other threads, however my brother Paul wasn't too keen on me taking his photo and posting it as Alien!!! Some people just don't know how to take a compliment :D:naughty:

Some people just don't know how to take a compliment
:D

Looks Alien enough to me Mark ( the posted image not your brother as I don't know him :D )

Yes, definitely Alien - good composition and I envy your props. A bit of a yellow cast maybe!?!?

:D

Looks Alien enough to me Mark ( the posted image not your brother as I don't know him :D )

Haha thanks Cobra he does look a little strange :eek:

Yes, definitely Alien - good composition and I envy your props. A bit of a yellow cast maybe!?!?

Thanks Carl yea just ben playing with the white balance will post it in minute. The lighting was quite yellow in the room and I was shooting in to our wood burner!

You can't beat a bit of Lego, nice idea.

Thanks Carl

Agree with @Carl Ayling white balance is very yellow, not a big fan of the lego either, sorry :sorry:

ragged victorians whats that all about?

Thanks Allan you don't like lego :eek:

The Ragged Victorians are a group of people who do period events dressed as the great unwashed (that's their tag line not mine!) and they were brilliant. I will post a few images when I get chance (got over 900 to go through although some of them are the same!)

I actually like the yellow-ish photo, looks more alien to me...

Hope you don't mind Mark, it seems to be a flat.
Just a levels boost, slight colour tweak and edge sharpening in CS5.
If you don't like it say so and its history ..

View attachment 76039

Thanks Cobra that looks a lot better thank you (y)

Inspired choice for an Alien environment Mark - would never have thought of that.

Thanks Carl it took me ages to come up with the idea. It was only when I saw the red glow of the embers I thought alien landscape!

WB, colour tweak and sharpening (y)

Thanks David

I actually like the yellow-ish photo, looks more alien to me...

Thank you Bernd

Im woth you Berndd, I think the original pic was the best for atmosphere.

Thanks Mark appreciate it.

May need a shoehorn for this one.....

Ok so I've been looking through my images from yesterdays trip to the Black Country Museum with the Ragged Victorians (a fantastic group of people) these 2 were supposed to be having a row but ended up cracking up!

CRACKED by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL yep the expression(s) certainly gives that away :D
well spotted and captured Mark :)

Nicely caught and cracking up is a good take on the the theme

LOL yep the expression(s) certainly gives that away :D
well spotted and captured Mark :)

Thanks Cobra.

Hahaaa is that a 'Pull my finger' moment :D

Thanks Dean that made me laugh I hadn't thought of that!!

Nicely caught and cracking up is a good take on the the theme

Thanks Chris much appreciated

Hey! Very original take on the theme Mark - like it.

Thank you Carl I didn't really consider it at the time it wasn't until I was going through having a quick look at my images I noticed it would work for the theme. I had a different image in mind that I had taken of cracked and peeling paint (which I will post later).

a well captured moment as has already been said

Thank you Allan

Well seen and captured, Mark.
It looks like she's about to bite off the older ladies finger! :D

:eek: is it really that long since I looked in here Mark, just had a mega catch up looking at all your photos.

Urban ...definitely the black and white for me, it really gives it a more gritty urban feel.
Pair ...those are one one very eye catching pair of boots,
as is that super long lens for Big, it definitely made me feel very inferior with my little compact camera :)
Your mini looks superb in After, shame that other car is on it, the angle really shows it off.
Definitely the first Liquid shot for me, love the reflection and colours, I really like it.
Love the Snoopy idea, and well done for raising the money for charity. Looks like a real fun day out.
Alien, I do like Cobras edit, but the first one with the strange colour does have a spacelike feel to it.
Well spotted for Cracked, I like the original take on the theme ...lovely natural expressions on the faces.

Love your first liquid Mark - great reflections, colours and textures. Brilliant take on cracked as well - looks as though she's already had a bite of something!

Thank you Emma the fist Liquid image was the first I took it was the colours that caught my eye.

:eek: is it really that long since I looked in here Mark, just had a mega catch up looking at all your photos.

Urban ...definitely the black and white for me, it really gives it a more gritty urban feel.
Pair ...those are one one very eye catching pair of boots,
as is that super long lens for Big, it definitely made me feel very inferior with my little compact camera :)
Your mini looks superb in After, shame that other car is on it, the angle really shows it off.
Definitely the first Liquid shot for me, love the reflection and colours, I really like it.
Love the Snoopy idea, and well done for raising the money for charity. Looks like a real fun day out.
Alien, I do like Cobras edit, but the first one with the strange colour does have a spacelike feel to it.
Well spotted for Cracked, I like the original take on the theme ...lovely natural expressions on the faces.

Wow thank you Susie I really appreciate you taking the time to go back trough my thread and commenting on all my image like that.

Really appreciate you taking the time and effort:)

I think you were spot on with your selection of #1 for Liquid, the vibrance of the image and reflection makes it work well.
I find it interesting that you have parts of the wall in the reflection that aren't in the top of the image.

Alien - Your edit for the colour balance improved it no end, @Cobra's edit took it a step further.

Cracked - DK's comment made me chuckle, they do really look like they are cracking up.

Well captured and not even a real shoe horn for cracked. Works well in B&W.

I think you were spot on with your selection of #1 for Liquid, the vibrance of the image and reflection makes it work well.
I find it interesting that you have parts of the wall in the reflection that aren't in the top of the image.

Alien - Your edit for the colour balance improved it no end, @Cobra's edit took it a step further.

Cracked - DK's comment made me chuckle, they do really look like they are cracking up.

Thanks Tim much appreciated :)

Spooky works well Mark, especially with the giant in the left hand corner :D

What a beautiful building that is - very well taken; prefer the first (without the "giant"). Nice Urban shot - can imagine a leisurely stroll along the path. Excellently exposed and lovely detail.

Hi Mark,
Good idea, but not sure you've pulled it off. Your ghosts (spooky-2) are a bit too opaque, especially with the blurred chap on the left 1/3rd.
Not sure what your original images are like, but if possible I would be reducing the opacity so that your ghosts were slightly more obvious.
Spooky-1 feels better to me. though perversely I would try to make them more opaque.

Urban Re-shoot - A good counterpoint of industry vs wildlife. Canals are excellent subjects for that kind of thing.
I like the way the tow path leads you to the bridge and then onto the buildings.

Prefer the first one too, ideal place for this theme some spooky cloisters

First one for me too, I think the fainter ghosts work better for the theme

Back